Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
fefface
kaziz
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up will have to get Goldfinch level reviews to miss BP. Way too much hype and star power involved with that one, and Netflix is going to campaign for it like crazy.

I think the winner is going to be one of Bradley Cooper, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Will Smith (if his movie gets nominated for BP).

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

does Beachum have his head in his ass?

No need to be disrespectful. The man is only doing his job. Don’t be a GoldDerby Karen.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I wanna know why GoldDerby has placed Steven Yeun in Lead for The Humans, he is absolutely not the Lead in that play. The closest person to a lead in that play, unless you consider Jenkins and Houdyshell leads, is Beanie Feldstein. Is this like Minari last year or does Beachum have his head in his ass?

He has said that they only change categories if placements are changed/confirmed by studios. So no.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

My skepticism with Don’t Look Up has a lot to do with Netflix’s slate. Tick, Tick…Boom! is apparently a huge play because it tested so well, TPOTD is an obvious priority with the 4 festivals and almost sure thing acting contenders. The Hand of God may be Sorrentino’s Roma, and it’s going to festivals and I think it’s being underestimated overall. That’s 3 films that I personally think seem better placed to get great audience responses.

Not to mention, McKay got in with two films. That’s great and whatever but DLU has been a bit of a question mark from the early scripts to the lack of a festival push. I get that it has a packed cast. But a sample size of two is not some unbreakable stat, though I know many of you think DiCaprio’s presence makes it a BP film.

McKay has been divisive in the past (Vice was horrible imo, but the late release was an incredible strategy bc divisive films can get in with late release strategies, the backlash starts to come later). Yeah ofc DLU can happen and there’s bit a lot of hype for it since it was announced. You don’t have to agree with me, but I am just skeptical.

PTA has a pretty good overall record with his 8 films and many people aren’t putting in Soggy Bottom because they have the examples of Inherent Vice and Punch Drunk Love plus it’s not at the festivals. You can’t mean to tell me Adam McKay will ALWAYS serve (and he always has packed casts!)

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.