Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
fefface
kaziz
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:
    nobdrums
    Topics:

the performance of adam driver by annette is being highly acclaimed the spotlight is in his favor

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Peter Debruge of Variety despite not liking the movie compared Driver’s committed performance to the ones DeNiro and Day-Lewis would give.

I mean, wow.

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

I feel like Annette’s only Awards chances in the Top 8 categories are with Drive now tbh. He might get a Best Actor nomination, but I think we’ll have to see his performance in House Of Gucci before it’s a certainty.

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Annette Reviews – Metacritic

This is off-topic but the two 100s added to Metacritic tells me that this will be on so many end-of-year critics lists. I also think that it seems likely that Driver wins Best Actor at Cannes.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Annette Reviews – Metacritic This is off-topic but the two 100s added to Metacritic tells me that this will be on so many end-of-year critics lists. I also think that it seems likely that Driver wins Best Actor at Cannes.

Too early to say for the Actor award, but I’m certainly keeping him as my prediction there. Seems too divisive and weird to carry through to the Oscars, but I think he could be looking at some critical/ end of year list wins for sure. I agree it’ll be on a lot of year-end lists as it’s one those who love it will really love it, but overall it seems divisive.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Yep definitely divisive and almost certainly too much so to carry into any sort of mainstream awards recognition, but Driver being universally praised for this one certainly won’t hurt him overall.

He also just got announced as a Burberry ambassador in a campaign shot by Jonathan Glazer that comes out next month so he’s gonna be visible as hell this year.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

He also just got announced as a Burberry ambassador in a campaign shot by Jonathan Glazer that comes out next month so he’s gonna be visible as hell this year.

JONATHAN GLAZER? Driver collecting auteurs even outside of movies, lol.

Presumably this means he won’t be allowed to wear Gucci for the press tour where he plays the head of that fashion house, then.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Yep definitely divisive and almost certainly too much so to carry into any sort of mainstream awards recognition, but Driver being universally praised for this one certainly won’t hurt him overall. He also just got announced as a Burberry ambassador in a campaign shot by Jonathan Glazer that comes out next month so he’s gonna be visible as hell this year.

The campaign was shot in late 2019 in the Canary Islands before COVID. I remember his groomer posting pictures from her time there. Also: is it soon to talk about spoilers about the film (they concern the ‘baby’)

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Also: is it soon to talk about spoilers about the film (they concern the ‘baby’)

If you are referring to what I think you are referring to then I don’t think that is considered a spoiler as it was obvious from the trailer.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

If you are referring to the puppet then I don’t think that is considered a spoiler as it was obvious from the trailer.

So, the child is a puppet all along? The part that confuses me is why she’s a puppet and her parents are human.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I think Annette could well be Driver’s ticket and from the reactions, I don’t think he needs the film to hit anywhere else to get a nod (and possibly a win). If you have people who dislike Carax and the film still lauding Driver, then…I don’t know if the film’s divisiveness should necessarily affect him lol. Honestly I think the only reason he might not get it for Annette is because the acting branch will have the opportunity to nominate him for another film, not because Annette is divisive.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

JONATHAN GLAZER? Driver collecting auteurs even outside of movies, lol. Presumably this means he won’t be allowed to wear Gucci for the press tour where he plays the head of that fashion house, then.

Haha presumably not. Burberry dressed him for Cannes (they mentioned it in the post announcing the campaign) so presumably will want to do so all year.

And Gaga has a fragrance campaign with Valentino, so not sure if they will want to dress her for things. Gucci will be left with just Leto, lol.

And yeah Jonathan Glazer, with Darius Khondji as DP.

Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

I have said before that I think Annette is Adam’s best shot to oscars. Gucci has major flop risk and his character in TLD is too horrific to see it take him to a win (unless they reward Jodie as well).

He’s surely the front runner for Cannes best actor (and given divisive nature of Carax the win there seems more likely than for the film or directing). And that could be the Antonio Banderas Pain and Glory path to a best actor Oscar nom. Potentially also the GG musical/comedy win.

Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

I think Annette could well be Driver’s ticket and from the reactions, I don’t think he needs the film to hit anywhere else to get a nod (and possibly a win). If you have people who dislike Carax and the film still lauding Driver, then…I don’t know if the film’s divisiveness should necessarily affect him lol. Honestly I think the only reason he might not get it for Annette is because the acting branch will have the opportunity to nominate him for another film, not because Annette is divisive.

</p>

I think this is spot on

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.