Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 439 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
crabbie
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

And?

And nothing. It’s McDormand playing Lady Macbeth opposite Denzel Washington, with Joel Coen directing. That’s all. That’s enough for me.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Shes apparently being campaigned in lead as Focus is attempting to get 4/4 acting slots. I haven’t seen Belfast, but it seems like she has a supporting role so her screentime will be significantly less than her competition.

She was probably the second most likely in supporting. Congrats, Judi Dench, I guess! Balfe will be snubbed in this bloodbath of a category having such raved performances + big names around.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    I saw you, Erica!
    Topics:

Roles with layers are in the running:

Lillith Ritter – a manipulative and dangerous psychiatrist (Blanchett)

Princess Diana – decides to leave her Royal marriage during Christmas (Stewart)

Leda – a trouble woman on vacation begins to confront the troubles of her past (Colman)

Janis – a pregnant woman befriends another pregnant woman. Their friendship changes their life for ever (Cruz)

Ma – keeps the family together during the increasing turmoil in the 1960s Belfast (Balfe)

Tammy Faye – the rise, fall and redemption of televangelist Tammy Faye (Chastain)

Julie – a young woman who navigates the troubled waters of her love life and struggles to find her career path (Reinsve)

Irene – reunites with her former high school friend that ignites a mutual obsession (Thompson)

Lucille – struggles to keep both her career and marriage during some crisis (Kidman)

Marguerite – claims she has been attacked and raped resulting in a duel between the accused and her husband (Comer)

Patrizia – a wealthy woman shows how far her family will go for control (Gaga)

Jackie – a disgraced MMA fighter finds redemption in the cage and the courage to face her demons (Berry)

So many great roles! I believe there is no room for Lawrence and McDormand may go supporting

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Denis Villeneuve, Dune
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Toni Collette
    Best Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

And nothing. It’s McDormand playing Lady Macbeth opposite Denzel Washington, with Joel Coen directing. That’s all. That’s enough for me.

This.

It’s crazy that people would still act confused knowing everything they need to know about Frances’s status in the industry. If the movie will be an actual player, she is in no matter what or which category.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

This. It’s crazy that people would still act confused knowing everything they need to know about Frances’s status in the industry. If the movie will be an actual player, she is in no matter what or which category.

Just to clarify, I am not disputing this if she and the film delivers. What I’m disputing is that she is locked, Lady Macbeth or not.

Profile picture
    Mheswta
    Topics:

Roles with layers are in the running: Lillith Ritter – a manipulative and dangerous psychiatrist (Blanchett) Princess Diana – decides to leave her Royal marriage during Christmas (Stewart) Leda – a trouble woman on vacation begins to confront the troubles of her past (Colman) Janis – a pregnant woman befriends another pregnant woman. Their friendship changes their life for ever (Cruz) Ma – keeps the family together during the increasing turmoil in the 1960s Belfast (Balfe) Tammy Faye – the rise, fall and redemption of televangelist Tammy Faye (Chastain) Julie – a young woman who navigates the troubled waters of her love life and struggles to find her career path (Reinsve) Irene – reunites with her former high school friend that ignites a mutual obsession (Thompson) Lucille – struggles to keep both her career and marriage during some crisis (Kidman) Marguerite – claims she has been attacked and raped resulting in a duel between the accused and her husband (Comer) Patrizia – a wealthy woman shows how far her family will go for control (Gaga) Jackie – a disgraced MMA fighter finds redemption in the cage and the courage to face her demons (Berry) So many great roles! I believe there is no room for Lawrence and McDormand may go supporting

Most of these movies will end up flopping especially the Berry’s one. Baity role or not if your movie sucks nobody will care. Andra day got lucky last year because there was no other option besides her.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Andra day got lucky last year because there was no other option besides her.

This comment about last year’s BA nominees always bothers me. If you mean there weren’t other actresses who were in box office successes, of course that’s true, largely due to the pandemic, but if you mean there were no other great performances that were worthy of a nomination, with all due respect, in my view, that’s absurd. What about Nicole Beharie? Bukky Bakray? Radha Blank? Alfre Woodard? (and what do all of them have in common?) Carrie Coon? Elisabeth Moss, Sidney Flanagan, Sophia Loren? Rosamund Pike, etc.? Some, if not most of these actresses might not have had “strong narratives,” but there were numerous “other options.”

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

2022 Oscar Predictions: BEST ACTRESS (August)

Here are my ranked 2022 Best Actress Oscar predictions for August 2021.

Green – moves up ↑ Red – moves down ↓ Blue– new/re-entry ♦ Black – no movement ↔

1. Kristen Stewart – Spencer (NEON) ↑
    2. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci (MGM/UA) ↔
    3. Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24/Apple) ↔
    4. Jennifer Hudson – Respect (MGM/UA) ↓
    5. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye (Searchlight Pictures) ↑
    6. Jodie Comer – The Last Duel (20th Century Studios) ↑
    7. Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley(Searchlight Pictures) ↔
    8. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter (Netflix) ↑
    9. Halle Berry – Bruised (Netflix) ↑
    10. Penélope Cruz – Parallel Mothers (Madres Paralelas) (Sony Pictures Classics) ↓

Other contenders: Caitriona Balfe – Belfast(Focus Features), Sandra Bullock – The Unforgivable ♦ (Netflix), Beanie Feldstein – The Humans (A24), Emilia Jones – CODA (Apple), Nicole Kidman – Being the Ricardos (Amazon), Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up (Netflix), Renate Reinsve – The Worst Person in the World(NEON), Agathe Rousselle – Titane (NEON), Tessa Thompson – Passing ↓ (Netflix), Rachel Zegler – West Side Story ↓ (20th Century Studios)

I can’t wait for Erik September Predictions Penelope and Olivia  will move up. Might move down Jhud and Jessica and Frances

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Balfe will be snubbed in this bloodbath of a category having such raved performances + big names around.

I’m sorry in September? The race may look to be competitive now but aside from Colman, Cruz and Stewart any of the names being thrown around can flop and Balfe is the only one here in a guaranteed Picture nominee right now so saying she’ll “easily be snubbed” is incredibly premature.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I’m sorry in September? The race may look to be competitive now but aside from Colman, Cruz and Stewart any of the names being thrown around can flop and Balfe is the only one here in a guaranteed Picture nominee right now so saying she’ll “easily be snubbed” is incredibly premature.

Yes, in September. We barely seen a few of the contenders and just now you could name 3 women that are stronger than her. The race could change, of course, but Balfe’s chances at the nomination has significantly decreased.

That’s how I see it rn. 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

This comment about last year’s BA nominees always bothers me. If you mean there weren’t other actresses who were in box office successes, of course that’s true, largely due to the pandemic, but if you mean there were no other great performances that were worthy of a nomination, with all due respect, in my view, that’s absurd. What about Nicole Beharie? Bukky Bakray? Radha Blank? Alfre Woodard? (and what do all of them have in common?) Carrie Coon? Elisabeth Moss, Sidney Flanagan, Sophia Loren? Rosamund Pike, etc.? Some, if not most of these actresses might not have had “strong narratives,” but there were numerous “other options.”

You literally named all but the most deserving. And Woodard was in a different year.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Jackr123
    Topics:

I think Ciarán Hinds has the best shot at a nomination out of the “Belfast” cast. By the way, the spelling and pronunciation of Irish names is driving me crazy. Do you pronounce Ciarán like Kieran?

It’s pronounced Keer-awn

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Caitriona Balfe is in lead, she isn’t happening. Same goes for Jamie Dornan.

Focus should campaign everyone in supporting.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Yes, in September. We barely seen a few of the contenders and just now you could name 3 women that are stronger than her. The race could change, of course, but Balfe’s chances at the nomination has significantly decreased.

That’s how I see it rn. 🙂

How can you say they are stronger when you haven’t even seen these movies yet ?
    Balfe was praised in the Belfast reviews.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If Caitriona Balfe is in lead, she isn’t happening. Same goes for Jamie Dornan.

Focus should campaign everyone in supporting.

If Steven Yeun is in Lead for Minari, he isn’t happening.

A24 should campaign everyone in Supporting.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 439 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.