Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 517 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Piper Halliwell
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

i bet they will change it again next year after realising that tbh

I think they are somewhat aware of this possible “oversight” and might nominate 3 potential Oscar nominees. I can see Stewart and Colman being nominated just based off round 1 and then joined by a jury selected nominee (Tessa Thompson for example) that will also be nominated at the Oscars. But for example if Stewart and Colman are the only Oscar nominated actors at BAFTA, I fail to see a scenario where Stewart or Colman loses the Oscars. It would be between the two of them for the Oscar. So if Chastain or Kidman (who won’t get the passion votes from round 1 and likely to be snubbed by the jury) don’t make it in at the BAFTAs, we would probably expect them to be a non-factor in winning. BAFTA  just got wayyy more interesting with this new rule.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Snubbing Carey Mulligan and her overrated Razzie worthy performance remains the best thing racist BAFTA ever did

the crack abuse…

Carey Mulligan and Razzie worthy, do not belong in the same sentence sweetie. Get better taste.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So if Chastain or Kidman (who won’t get the passion votes from round 1 and likely to be snubbed by the jury) don’t make it in at the BAFTAs, we would probably expect them to be a non-factor in winning. BAFTA  just got wayyy more interesting with this new rule.

I’m not predicting such a thing but it wouldn’t shock me if Kidman missed the long-list altogether. She’s obviously a much more beloved actress than Andra Day but I can see her having similar issues due to Being the Ricardos being a late release.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

. I think both are quite safe at BAFTA but if Dunst and Smith miss because they didn’t place top 2 in the membership vote…

I think they could benefit from jury selections. So we could see the top 2 from Round 1 be Oscar nominees followed with another jury selected nominee that is a possible Oscar nominee. I think this will be the case for a few categories, but not for all categories. Like when Kaluuya and Raci were the only nominees at BAFTA nominated at the Oscars, we knew it was game over for everyone, not named Kaluuya, Oscar chances.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

This new BAFTA rule is welcome. I’m pretty sure Carey Mulligan would’ve been nominated last year, since she was probably top two.

I’m not sure it helps K-Stew though.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

She wasn’t undeniable and there was just no reason for the rush to give her a third win when Meryl Streep had to wait for over a decade with constant delivery of great performances and nominations. The Academy should have used that opportunity to finally reward a black woman or Vanessa Kirby since she was the only nominee without a precursor win

Why is everything revolving around Meryl Streep’s Oscar records? Also, what Streep has done that was so undeniable in the last 20 years? The Devil Wears Prada was in a strong field, and although she was amazing in Julie & Julia or Doubt, you cannot really blame anyone for going with names such as overdue Kate Winslet.

In my personal opinion McDormand’s last few projects + Burn After Reading and other less-known indie films such as Friends with Money were way more impressive and deserving as Streep always getting in for being Streep for numerous good, but hardly Oscar-worthy performances.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Snubbing Carey Mulligan and her overrated Razzie worthy performance remains the best thing racist BAFTA ever did

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

This new BAFTA rule is welcome. I’m pretty sure Carey Mulligan would’ve been nominated last year, since she was probably top two. I’m not sure it helps K-Stew though.

Why? If she is indeed the front-runner, there is no way she is not in Top 2 at the first stage of things.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I mean, I doubt the jury would’ve snubbed her anyway so you know

FYC

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I mean it’s utterly possible an Oscar nominee like Jessica Chastain could win the Oscar without being nominated at BAFTA, but I don’t think that’s possible. This year the Academy’s taste aligned with BAFTA at a disproportionate amount than in previous years. BAFTA was the only precursor that called McDormand and Hopkins, but not even just that–BAFTA also called editing and adapted screenplay which were quite tight. It seems like the international membership increasing at the Oscars is somewhat reflective of BAFTA’s preferences for films and performances. I say somewhat because I don’t think anyone not British would care about The Mauritanian. The BAFTA wins are much more valuable in sustaining or increasing momentum.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Why? If she is indeed the front-runner, there is no way she is not in Top 2 at the first stage of things.

We don’t know if British voters will like her performance that much.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

At least we will know who wasn’t in top 2.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I mean, I doubt the jury would’ve snubbed her anyway so you know

After Mulligan (strong film + raved performance + Oscar hopeful + British + previous BAFTA-winner = best possible combo) I can imagine anything dirty from them.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

After Mulligan (strong film + raved performance + Oscar hopeful + British + previous BAFTA-winner = best possible combo) I can imagine anything dirty from them.

With Kristen being a tour de force and everyone and their mother saying she gives the best performance of the year, that might include the people on the BAFTA juries

FYC

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

With Kristen being a tour de force and everyone and their mother saying she gives the best performance of the year, that might include the people on the BAFTA juries

It’s just 7 people. You cannot please everyone. 🙂 There are like 4 rotten reviews from the UK for the movie. Now put similar minded people there and she’s doomed.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.