Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 509 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Piper Halliwell
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The acting like the categories are locked up in SEPTEMBER. Go check the forums from last year and see what people were predicting at this time. This is far from over, especially when there are still not seen contenders.

Pls the way I literally just posted this exact same thing in different words on the actor thread 💀💀💀.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

It wasnt finished in time so it skipped the circuit. And we are now seeing the repercussions of lost festival buzz.

How’s the movie review itself though??

I think its possible to repeat their 2018 run? (yeah I know both Shape of Water and 3BB has festival runs, but this is Cate Blanchett that we are talking about)

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Shape of Water and Three Billboards were top 2 in Picture. Regardless of whatever happens with Blanchett and Chastain the situation isn’t comparable at all.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I would not be surprised if Blanchett gets campaigned in supporting because it’s not egregious category fraud so it would work. Collette and Mara would just be sacrificed for a spot though. But hey it’s September and no one have seen Nightmare Alley so anything can happen…

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Chastain got raves, Searchlight will prioritize her over Blanchett (unless Blanchett outperforms, which is actually possible)

Hmmmm. Okay. Interesting case. Yes they are raves, but I feel like Caitriona Balfe is strong enough to take Chastain’s place…

The added thing of…well, many reviews are struggling with the film and Andrew Garfield is also getting raves, and… I dunno. I’m trying to see a slam-dunk and I’m not seeing it. On the day that Belfast (ugh) is getting such great responses, I feel like Balfe is pulling one over her even on the day of the premiere? That can’t be good right?

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

God, why is this category impossible every single year.

However, remember. We have: Chastain, Hudson, Stewart, and Kidman doing biopic performances and 100% not all 4 are getting in. Who misses?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

God, why is this category impossible every single year. However, remember. We have: Chastain, Hudson, Stewart, and Kidman doing biopic performances and 100% not all 4 are getting in. Who misses?

JHud is dead at this point….

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

God, why is this category impossible every single year. However, remember. We have: Chastain, Hudson, Stewart, and Kidman doing biopic performances and 100% not all 4 are getting in. Who misses?

Tbh Stewart is the only one of those four I have getting in.

FYC:

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I would not be surprised if Blanchett gets campaigned in supporting because it’s not egregious category fraud so it would work. Collette and Mara would just be sacrificed for a spot though. But hey it’s September and no one have seen Nightmare Alley so anything can happen…

I’ve heard she’s going lead (though I’ve also heard the original role is supporting if I’m correct?)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE: Jessica Chastain is going to win every award for this. And she deserves to. My @nowtoronto review: nowtoronto.com/movies/reviews… #TIFF21

Lmao

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I say the above despite the fact that as of this moment, I think I’m gonna like Tammy Faye a whole lot more than Belfast. I’m just struggling to see a path for her:
    – Doesn’t feel like a critics groups choice (neither is Balfe and frankly, between Stewart, Cruz, Colman, Reinsve, Thompson, and so many others I think they enough options they are likely to see as better?)
    – They’re raves but they could also literally vanish into the ether tomorrow unless Chastain or the film pick up steam. This is where Balfe has the edge: being in a likely People’s Choice winner/runner-up.
    – The film is releasing Sept 17th! Not…great.

BUT on the other hand:
    – Chastain is highly visible in other ways (HBO show).
    – Could it possibly be a People’s Choice runner-up?
    – Ofc…..we don’t know yet what the MC will look like. If it cracks 70……why not, throw her into the mix

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’ve heard she’s going lead (though I’ve also heard the original role is supporting if I’m correct?)

The original role is supporting so yeah Searchlight could campaign her there if Del Toro did not make radical changes to her character.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Ive heard it is. In fact, Rooney Mara originally had a bigger role in the original/source material. Blanchett’s role got revamped

FYC:

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

JHud is dead at this point….

Until SAG…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.