Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 509 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Piper Halliwell
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

But she quite literally got career best reviews that ended up being replaced by MoE?

Did she? I remember people said her chemistry with Saoirse was extremely awkward. Or does the TIFF tribute award honor Mare of Easttown as well?

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

THR’s critic hated The Eyes of Tammy Faye. He gave it a 30 score on MC, and wrote on the bottom-line section for his review that it was a “grotesque clown show.” The Guardian & EW gave it positive scores.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Did she? I remember people said her chemistry with Saoirse was extremely awkward. Or does the TIFF tribute award honor Mare of Easttown as well?

Mare comes out months after Ammonite

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye has a Metacritic score of 60 lower than Bombshell. People really think a panned September movie is going to sustain this buzz. Please I have to laugh.

Yes we do….

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Oh no the chemistry was trash and she did not actually give a career best performance IMO. But it was raved as such by critics and others.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Oh no the chemistry was trash and she did not actually give a career best performance IMO. But it was raved as such by critics and others.

Yeah I don’t find it to be a career best performance either. I’m surprised she got raves from critics💀But she rebound with Mare of Easttown. It’s honestly the Ammonite’s direction and script that let Winslet down.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

No matter how Tammy Faye is received, I really think it’s getting a Makeup nom at least.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Literally everyone gets career best raves for every new film. Jessica Chest Pain is just getting this acclaim because she put on 80 pounds of make-up. She isn’t making it at the Oscars.

So true all of the actresses in contention are going to have the career best raves anyways.

Stewart

Colman

Cruz

Blanchett

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

or even not a weak year like Charlize Theron in Monster

Sidebar, but man was this an extraordinary year for the best actress category and a wonderful year for female roles. The way that the nominees couldve been completely swapped out (well besides Theron who was undeniable) two full times and still been a great lineup is telling. I mean seriously, we had the nominees, and we also had ScarJo ×2, Rachel Wood, Thurman, Kidman, Blanchett, Connelly, and Clarkson.

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, The Great, Reservation Dogs, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Pachinko, Severance, Yellowjackets

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

I feel like they’re gonna sacrifice one of the more deserving contenders to place Gaga in, just for the views..

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Chanstain is definitely out, maybe in a weak year she could have made it, but she’s not gonna make it this year with a movie getting these mixed reviews when we have already three contenders Cruz, Stewart and Colman with high praise and +80 movies.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

She/he’s talking about the Subject matter I suppose. I, Tonya divide public opinion because of the way it “Victimize” Tonya Harding when it shouldn’t be.

yeah and also the way they glorified abuse… i really like Margot’s performance but that film is a huge red flag to me

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Well, september is indeed too early for a movie with not strong reception. I wonder how searchlight will do about it once the season gets going. Specially with Nightmare Alley coming

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Chanstain’s movie is also very likely to be a box office bomb, I think this is another ‘Respect’ kind of situation, in a few weeks this will be out of conversation, and the HBO tv show she has that was supposed to help her campaign didn’t get particular praise either.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.