Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 509 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Piper Halliwell
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So sad oscar is so white again. 😭 [/quote]

Tessa Thompson can happen if Passing ends up being a contender. I have Cruz in for now but if she loses the volpi she is vulnerable.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Tessa Thompson Passing
    Jennifer Hudson (Oscars love there biopics she can still get nominated for respect plus she’s one of the most respected people in the entertainment industry)
    Halle Berry Bruised

A black Woman can still be nominated this year we just have to wait and see how bruised and passing is received.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The funniest thing that I learned about Golderby over the years is that every year there is a flood of stans that constantly talk about how their fave is a sure lock to win everything, but in the end they suddenly disappear on awards day when that doesn’t happen. They literally vanish. And the following year we just get a new wave of the same.

JackO saying Glenn Close was a lock to win for Hillbilly Elegy. Then when Youn cleared at SAG + BAFTA the account went inactive.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

So sad oscar is so white again. 😭 [/quote]

Historically Best Actress has been the whitest category so an all-white lineup wouldn’t be surprising, at all

Just because we had two black women last year doesn’t change the fact that WOC don’t get the Oscar roles they deserve

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Where is this sudden boost of faith in Jessica Chastain coming from? No reviews, no Rotten Tomatoes scores, not even much in terms of Letterboxd (which I low-key hate now through the festivals because it’s totally useless) or Twitter.

What am I missing?

Prosthethics (Chastain claimed that it caused slight damage to her skin), “Transformative”, Playing a “televangelist who defend LGBT rights”.

But my money is always on Blanchett as Searchlight’s main push

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Tessa Thompson Passing Jennifer Hudson (Oscars love there biopics she can still get nominated for respect plus she’s one of the most respected people in the entertainment industry) Halle Berry Bruised A black Woman can still be nominated this year we just have to wait and see how bruised and passing is received.

So, Netflix has released the first trailer for “Don’t Look Up”… a movie coming out on Dec 10… and yet no trailer for Halle Berry’s directorial debut “Bruised”… that’s supposed to hit theatres Nov 17?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Part 13 and we’re three pages in…

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

We need that Nightmare Alley trailer soon so Queen Blanchett can generate more buzz for her performance.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

We need that Nightmare Alley trailer soon so Queen Blanchett can generate more buzz for her performance.

As she should!!!

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

So, Netflix has released the first trailer for “Don’t Look Up”… a movie coming out on Dec 10… and yet no trailer for Halle Berry’s directorial debut “Bruised”… that’s supposed to hit theatres Nov 17?

That’s a good point very strange i hope we get the trailer soon but the fact that there giving bruised a theatrical run makes me confident there gonna push her and give her a good oscar campaign.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I’m thinking about how Kristen has all this Buzz and Spencer does not even have a official trailer out wow. Imagine when the trailer drops.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Personally I prefer to stan Gaga without blindly crapping on other actresses. I’m going to be honest about my opinion when it comes to the performances and what I think their chances of getting a nomination is but that’s not going to have anything to do with Gaga. Some Gaga fans need to grow up.

Blind Gaga haters are also obnoxious. You all will never forgive her and A Star Is Born because you had so much riding on it being her Glitter instead of her ticket to getting a Best Actress nomination and a win for best song. I don’t know what will happen with Gucci but you all will never be able to erase her A Star is Born success.

Profile picture
    amydunne
    Topics:

I’m thinking about how Kristen has all this Buzz and Spencer does not even have a official trailer out wow. Imagine when the trailer drops.

it’s going to break the internet wbk.

FYC:
    Spencer (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    Passing (IN ALL CATEGORIES)

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

So don’t take this any type of way, I am also rooting for Halle and I am very interested in seeing what she can do as a director, BUT there just isn’t much interest in this film whatsoever. It premiered last year with 0 buzz. Don’t Look Up is a juggernaut and Netflix biggest film of the year and also likely their biggest film ever to date. You can’t be surprised there is a teaser for that film already and nothing for Bruised.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

JackO saying Glenn Close was a lock to win for Hillbilly Elegy. Then when Youn cleared at SAG + BAFTA the account went inactive.

And everybody else here said shed never touch the nominations but queen still made in most precursors for a panned film with no promotion.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.