Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 555 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
boredandricho..
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Tammy Faye is a beloved icon. All those old academy members will vote for her.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Having raves playing one of the most famous figures in history is much stronger then having raves playing Tammy Faye.Raves are Raves but when you have them playing someone like princess Diana it’s makes a huge difference.

I still think Stewart is the frontrunner… I am only saying Chastain has bigger raves.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The problem that i have is that she just not resembles Diana, Fassbender didn’t
    resembles Jobs and he was fantastic, i don’t see that big charisma Diana had in Kristen Stewart

Have you seen the film?

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

One is a iconic Hollywood Legend that starred in The Wizard of Oz and a Star is Born….and sang one of the most famous song of all time….”Somewhere Over the Rainbow”. Hollywood royalty. Its not the same thing.

These old voters know both. Tammy was a BIG name back then. Perhaps, new members don’t know her, but I think the overall quality (not a critical quality, but the fact that it is a very enjoyable film) of this film helps Chastain even more. We see the premiere, and it’s clear that gay community (sorry for equating gay community and younger one) will push her even more than Stewart since Spencer is not explicitly campaigned as a gay-themed film (that teaser of Chastain’s film really shows her support towards gay community as one of the focus of the film).

Plus, Zellweger doesn’t need another win, but Chastain does.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

It is the same thing. Just because one is more known than the other doesn’t mean they are both loved, both icons, and both have compelling stories that included the rise and demise of their celebrity. Jessica is doing exactly what Renee did in 2019, getting career best over the moon raves for playing a legend.

Its not. Hollywood awarding a Hollywood legend is different…in addition to the performance being lauded. Most people know or have heard the name Judy Garland… I can’t say the same for Tammy Faye…

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I still think Stewart is the frontrunner… I am only saying Chastain has bigger raves.

my apologies people be quick to drag or shade Kristen.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

my apologies people be quick to drag or shade Kristen.

I like Chastain better than Stewart but I would be happy to see either win. Kristen Stewart haters are the worst I’ve seen on this forum so her winning would be so satisfying lol

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Chastain could happen but these comparisons with Renee Zellweger are not convincing. People act as if Judy had mixed reviews, but it was actually pretty well received, it just wasn’t acclaimed. Judy Garland is also a much more beloved icon than Tammy Faye and Renee had a huge comeback narrative. It was also a weak year where no other nominee had a chance. This year we already have pretty strong contenders.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kristen Stewart haters are the worst I’ve seen on this forum so her winning would be so satisfying lol

Remember that user who kept trolling Spencer at every opportunity (even its costumes lol) and saying Kristen had no chance because she looked nothing like Diana? I’m not even a Stewart stan but it was so funny how silent those types became once the raves came out lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Remember that user who kept trolling Spencer at every opportunity (even its costumes lol) and saying Kristen had no chance because she looked nothing like Diana? I’m not even a Stewart stan but it was so funny how silent those types became once the raves came out lol.

I am very sure that dottie/bettedavis person is a Kristen Stewart hater too that pretends to be a crazy fan as some kind of reverse psychology thing to make people turn against Stewart. lol it’s not working though

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter whether one “Hollywood legend”is bigger than the other. Voters love a transformative performance, especially the ones who sing along with acting. The same voters that voted for Renee, can and likely will also vote for Jessica for the exact same reasons. Big showy performance- check, transformation- check. acting, singing, and dancing- check. Comeback narrative after not being nominated for years- check. It’s all there.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The thing working in Chastain’s favour is that the movie is well liked and not polarizing like Spencer.

While Spencer will be stanned by many but it will also be hated by many since it is not a film digestible for all.
    The Eyes Of Tammy Faye on the other hand, doesn’t has many stans but it’s generally well liked and funny.

The fact that Spencer is like Vice (either superb or horrible) and also like Jackie will help Stewart during nominations time but when the entire academy can vote for the winners,it will hurt.

(All these are based on what I’ve read, as I’ve not seen either of those).

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

Just to let you know, The Lost Daughter is maintaining a 88 in metacritic even after increasing from 5 to 11 critics.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I thought I read a review on here that said Stewart’s performance was one of the best performances of all time.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I thought I read a review on here that said Stewart’s performance was one of the best performances of all time.

I believe that was Erik from Awards Watch but that’s just one rave. True, that’s a bigger rave than anything for Chastain but the sheer volume of raves for Chastain seems to be higher to me. Of course this is subjective, there is no mathematical formula to calculate who is more raved but I’m just expressing what I personally feel…

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 555 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.