Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 550 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
boredandricho..
wolfali

• The Oscarguy
    Topics:

in a weaker year yes. in a year like this not so possible but we will see

It checks all the boxes. Exactly the kind of performance they like. And in Best Actress, Chastain  is arguably the most overdue.

George Ehret
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman wasn’t a crowd pleaser. It flopped hard with audiences. I don’t care if there was covid-19 or not. Lol

And I oop-

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

And I oop-

It definitely was liked by the audience, but man I do have to  believe that it made some male voters really uncomfortable lol

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

sadins
    Topics:

For me most likely to get nominated to least: (update since last prediction made in mid-August)

1. Kristen Stewart (+2)

2. Penelope Cruz (+8)

3. Olivia Coleman (-2)

4. Cate Blanchett (-2)

5. Tessa Thompson (NEW)

6. Lady Gaga (-2)

7. Nicole Kidman (New)

8. Halle Berry (=)

9. Jennifer Hudson (=)

10. Jessica Chastian (-5)

Out from prediction: Kristen Dunst and Jodie Comer

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman wasn’t a crowd pleaser. It flopped hard with audiences. I don’t care if there was covid-19 or not. Lol

meanwhile, it has 3,7 lb score, 7,5 imdb, 88% audience score on rt and had a really strong fanbase during the award season. what a flop

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

It definitely was liked by the audience, but man I do have to believe that it made some male voters really uncomfortable lol

bestie i am a female survivor and it annoyed me a lot too. emerald’S way of writing was just not it but it is what it is lol. still a good film

sadins
    Topics:

Current state of race (imo): 1. Stewart (still frontrunner, strong raves, beloved icon portrait, +80 MC movie); 2.Penelope (Volpi cup winner, best career raves, +80 MC movie); 3.Colman (+80 movie MC, raved performance); 4.Cate Blanchett (veteran legendary actress with an intriguing role in a Guillermo del Toro movie, bomb combination, hardly a miss); 5. Gaga|Kidman|Thompson (playing real existing character);

My list is pretty much same. I see it hard for anyone other than these 7 names making it.

George Ehret
    Topics:

It definitely was liked by the audience, but man I do have to believe that it made some male voters really uncomfortable lol

It probably did, but definitely not enough to stop it from getting five nominations and one win (Emerald got into Director and that’s the boys club of all boys clubs)

FYC

Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

bestie i am a female survivor and it annoyed me a lot too. emerald’S way of writing was just not it but it is what it is lol. still a good film

Sorry it happened to you 🙁

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

kaziz
    Topics:

Gaga|Kidman|Thompson (playing real existing character

Thompson’s playing a fictitious person (albeit from a book)

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

wolfali
    Topics:

bestie i am a female survivor

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you boredandricho.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

wolfali
    Topics:

They already started with the illogical analogies? Then, they’ll say it’s the “curse of the young blonde characters”

Looks like Olivia has this on lock then.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

George Ehret
    Topics:

bestie i am a female survivor

That’s terrible and I’m sorry that happened to you. And I understand your perspective on the film, even though I massively disagree with it

FYC

kaziz
    Topics:

I’m so, so sorry. I’m a non-binary survivor & also happen to have the same opinion. I applaud your candor, it’s brave (not that not saying it is not also brave, I just think it takes courage in both scenarios especially to a group of strangers on a forum).

Can we…maybe not use Mulligan as an example in general here? I think PYW is a very unique case, and the boards also go absolutely nuts (if she’s mentioned too much, people get piled on for not being “over it” and it’s just not fun to watch. Let’s try to find someone from prior years?)

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

wolfali
    Topics:

I think love or hate the film (I quite liked it although no need to explain the obvious) what I did appreciate about a film like Promising Young Woman or a show like <i>I May Destroy You</i> airing last year was that it made those of us who are survivors and those of us who were emotionally close to people who are victims of abuse (I lost my sister) share our stories and it’s just so comforting seeing people coming together as a community supporting each other like that.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 550 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.