Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 550 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
boredandricho..
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

spencer clip https://twitter.com/LUMAXCORE/status/1438191367591641088

this is haunting

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Maggie Gyllenhaal praises Chastain’s performance on Instagram…

mgyllenhaal @jessicachastain is BRILLIANT in #theeyesoftammyfaye truly truly astonishingly good. RESPECT ❤️

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

“You seem to be disregarding the fact that Colman also has career best notices here. Perhaps not for the win but considering she’s in a stronger contender overall than both Chastain and Cruz, it’s not implausible for her to be ahead of them for the nomination.”- Wolfali Interesting. Literally, just last night you lectured everyone that they should be able to predict or not predict anyone they want as long as they aren’t trolling, correct? I guess when it comes to your favs it’s different then? When it’s your favs, we should include them in our predix. Got it.

pls olivia is nowhere close to being their fave. i am the one rooting for her 24/7.

i agree not everyone has to have colman in their predictions since the lost daughter is a mostly unseen film and we don’t really know what will the audience reactions to it will be but that doesn’t change the fact that every review on film praises colman’s performance with or without praises to Gyllenhaal or the rest of the cast. i think that was the main issue there

Profile picture
    irinacx
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain out here dragging Grace Randolph lmao I’m rooting for her to win just to piss her off

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

pls olivia is nowhere close to being their fave. i am the one rooting for her 24/7. i agree not everyone has to have colman in their predictions since the lost daughter is a mostly unseen film and we don’t really know what will the audience reactions to it will be but that doesn’t change the fact that every review on film praises colman’s performance with or without praises to Gyllenhaal or the rest of the cast. i think that was the main issue there

Except no one denied that. Or said that she surely wasn’t going to happen. I only said I could see her missing because I personally think that the other ladies have more raves and momentum in the race.

And yes, there is definitely a favorite/not favorite thing going on in this thread, and I think we should all admit our bias. No one is truly objective in predicting. 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Samm
    Topics:

Love the camera work. Subtle and sweet, like we are there sitting with them. If it was an Adam McKay movie there would be a thousand of cuts and people yelling. Pablo Larrain is masterful.

I’m sorry but how can you even compare these two completely different directors with each other ? Doesn’t make any sense 💀💀

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m sorry but how can you even compare these two completely different directors with each other ? Doesn’t make any sense 💀💀

That was the point of the comparison. One is great and the other one suck.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

McKay would make a Princess Diana biopic into a dark comedy like Vice.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain out here dragging Grace Randolph lmao I’m rooting for her to win just to piss her off

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1438184588241772546?s=19

I’m not even rooting for her, but I’d love to see her winning just to see Gr**e Ran***ph’s face lol.

Profile picture
    Samm
    Topics:

Again they are two defferent directors, it’s like comparing an apple with an orange  💀

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I know Pablo Larrain isn’t for everyone but he definitely doesn’t suck lol

Profile picture
    Samm
    Topics:

GD members new target is Adam McKay because David O Russell’s new movie isn’t coming this year but the thing is mcKay is a decent guy unlike DOR so I don’t understand where did this hate train come from?

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Stewart was really good in the clip has been posted, there’s no doubt about her frontrunner status.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

GD members new target is Adam McKay because David O Russell’s new movie isn’t coming this year but the thing is mcKay is a decent guy unlike DOR so I don’t understand where did this hate train come from?

CMIIW, The Acting style in McKay movies is similar to those of O’Russell, which is loud, no subtlety and borderline overacting, which GD actually hates

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 550 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.