Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 550 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
boredandricho..
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I think she suffers way more of lookism. She simply won’t be cast in certain roles no matter what. It’s fucked up but sadly true. 🙁

Hence, she’s not as attractive as Saldana, Newton and Z are.

at least from the white side of things Rebel Wilson gets to play comic relief every single friggin time

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Agreed. Let other people have their moment to shine.

istg you guys and your weird she is everywhere thing like she’s been around for decades. she is only getting what she is worth for the past 5 years and she is been working over 20 years geez… let her have her moment too

Profile picture
    Topics:

Well, she had enormous name recognition among British people. They pretty much decided this race.

pls, not you calling her win a namecheck…

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Hence, she’s not as attractive as Saldana, Newton and Z are. at least from the white side of things Rebel Wilson gets to play comic relief every single friggin time

I mean attractiveness is subjective, it shouldn’t be an issue to snub her. I’m a plus-sized person myself and I also want to see myself represented on the screen. Wilson and McCarthy are so-so examples. Wilson in particular is pushed into playing the exact same character, while McCarthy also suffers from similar type-casting although she was able to overcome it with things like CYEFGM. I feel like plus-sized women in general are way too underrepresented in the business. 🙁

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Topics:

Pablo Larraín’s #Spencer starring Kristen Stewart currently holds a Rotten Tomatoes score of 90% The eyes of Tammy Faye holds a Rotten Tomatoes score of 66%

The Lost Daughter holds 100%, thank yewww

Profile picture
    Topics:

Even she herself said back in 2009 she was doubtful of a career because “people look at me and don’t expect a lot“.

this is truly sad considering how big of a talent she is. i hope one day she will get another chance and win that time

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

pls, not you calling her win a namecheck…

You always seem to want to misunderstand me lol. I didn’t. But if we are talking about famous, she’s pretty famous among British people. She wasn’t a complete unknown that just happen to win. She won because she was stellar and with the help of British voters who knew her.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Topics:

I mean attractiveness is subjective, it shouldn’t be an issue to snub her. I’m a plus-sized person myself and I also want to see myself represented on the screen. Wilson and McCarthy are so-so examples. Wilson in particular is pushed into playing the exact same character, while McCarthy also suffers from similar type-casting although she was able to overcome it with things like CYEFGM. I feel like plus-sized women, in general, are way too underrepresented in the business. 🙁

this!! also, the way they almost always cast size zero women to play plus size just to put them in a fat suit and make them wear heavy prosthetics and call it a heavy transformation. it is honestly so disappointing and disgusting to watch

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

istg you guys and your weird she is everywhere thing like she’s been around for decades. she is only getting what she is worth for the past 5 years and she is been working over 20 years geez… let her have her moment too

lol she won an Oscar numerous baftas, golden globes, has been nomianted for a bunch of emmys, sags, critics awards etc. Nobody is wanting to take away her moment to shine, but is it too rude to say that Stewart and Chastain deserve some moment to shine as well? 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Topics:

You always seem to want to misunderstand me lol. I didn’t. But if we are talking about famous, she’s pretty famous among British people. She wasn’t a complete unknown that just happen to win. She won because she was stellar and with the help of British voters who knew her.

i am British, i literally grew up w her lol so i know how well known she is here but still she was an unknown compared to her fellow nominees except yalitza

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

i am British, i literally grew up w her lol so i know how well known she is here but still she was an unknown compared to her fellow nominees except yalitza

True and she deserved to win over Glennie.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Topics:

lol she won an Oscar numerous baftas, golden globes, has been nomianted for a bunch of emmys, sags, critics awards etc. Nobody is wanting to take away her moment to shine, but is it too rude to say that Stewart and Chastain deserve some moment to shine as well? 🙂

when i said they don’t deserve that??? her first emmy nom was in 2016 and her momentum started back then. and honestly who cares about tv baftas. yes, it looks great on her cv but they’re just tv baftas. just because some other people deserve to have moments too doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve it, which is what some of you are trying to interpret here.

like i accept i am way too biased about her but she deserves what she is getting and more

Profile picture
    MM
    Topics:

Gurl….. relax she has her moment and will continue to have it in future I’m sure of it, she’s getting incredible offers. she won’t lose anything if she doesn’t get a nomination for a year jeez.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Representation of oversized woman or man is a two edged sword. Yeah sure it needs to be done correctly but dont bring up narrative “Fat/Oversized is good and you should embrace it” because, well its not. Dunno if this could apply to movies but Comic book community are mad when Marvel issued comics involving fat superhero and oversized Spider Woman.

We just need to cast them in usual roles like other talented actors did (tho its difficult)

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 550 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.