Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 550 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
boredandricho..
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

i defended olivia’s ass today too, i can go back to my life 

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Representation of oversized woman or man is a two edged sword. Yeah sure it needs to be done correctly but dont bring up narrative “Fat/Oversized is good and you should embrace it” because, well its not. Dunno if this could apply to movies but Comic book community are mad when Marvel issued comics involving fat superhero and oversized Spider Woman. We just need to cast them in usual roles like other talented actors did (tho its difficult)

What on earth? You don’t cast plus-sized people because you want others to be plus-sized too. This is not a propaganda lol And yes, you should accept them. If we are talking about fair representation, plus-sized people exist too so they should be represented.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

This is probably a huge hope-diction on my end, but reviews for “The Good House” all single out how Sigourney Weaver shines in what is a pretty average film. She’s such an icon and the fact that she hasn’t won an Oscar yet is shocking.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

this still hurts…

I agree, I think Riva would’ve won under the new Academy.

Let’s never forget that atrocious Jlaw performance. American Hustle is even worse.

Profile picture
    Suzanne Vale
    Topics:

This is probably a huge hope-diction on my end, but reviews for “The Good House” all single out how Sigourney Weaver shines in what is a pretty average film. She’s such an icon and the fact that she hasn’t won an Oscar yet is shocking.

You’re not alone here.  I hope this happens.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Harsh to say this, but Sidibe (probably) suffers a lot from racism within the industry and she’s not the “POC it girl” like… lets say… Halle Berry and Thandie Newton in early 2000s or Zoe Saldana and Zendaya (for current generation).

Since the beginning of her career Gabby has suffered from intense racism, colorism, featurism and fatphobia yet she managed to stay a wonderful person through all the bullshit. She really is a beautiful soul and it was nice to see Sandra being so supportive to her all season

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

While I love Sidebe and her fun personality, she needs to enroll into some acting classes. Her performance in Precious was wonderful but, everything afterwards was quite bad.

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>while we’re all arguing about Stewart vs Chastain situation here, comparing their performances and everything, Chastain’s true competitor haven’t even entered the race. They both have their own spots, two totally different performances, two totally different films with different audiences. They’re incomparable, simple like that. But Chastain’s struggles to get a nom will begin when House of Gucci comes out. I mean, from what I’ve seen Gaga’s acting was pretty similar. Both of them are playing not so well respected women in the industry and their acting choices are kinds of over the top, try hard, bordering clownery even (I’m sorry for the choice of words, but that’s how I see it). And I don’t see the scores of those movies being much different, while HoG’s coming out at a more favorable time with bigger box office prospects. So I don’t see the academy nominating both actresses sharing the same spot. Of course it’s just my thinking, we’ll see how good is Gaga though</p>

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>while we’re all arguing about Stewart vs Chastain situation here, comparing their performances and everything, Chastain’s true competitor haven’t even entered the race. They both have their own spots, two totally different performances, two totally different films with different audiences. They’re incomparable, simple like that. But Chastain’s struggles to get a nom will begin when House of Gucci comes out. I mean, from what I’ve seen Gaga’s acting was pretty similar. Both of them are playing not so well respected women in the industry and their acting choices are kinds of over the top, try hard, bordering clownery even (I’m sorry for the choice of words, but that’s how I see it). And I don’t see the scores of those movies being much different, while HoG’s coming out at a more favorable time with bigger box office prospects. So I don’t see the academy nominating both actresses sharing the same spot. Of course it’s just my thinking, we’ll see how good is Gaga though</p>

Let’s get back to this when Gaga gets similar reviews as Chastain 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    orange juice
    Topics:

I understand you guys were upset at the JLaw win but calling her acting “atrocious” is ridiculous

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

Tryna predict here 😅, I’m new with it, but sure, it’s too early

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

Jlaw’s best acting was in Mother, and they didn’t even nominate her..

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Sorry to be slow but what is New AMPAS? The post-#Oscarssowhite AMPAS? If that’s the case than the winners were:

Emma Stone over Isebelle Hupert (would that be Lawrence over Riva 2.0?)

Frances McDormand over Luminous Sersh (this would be Riva over Lawrence except that most people around here and AW lament Sersh loss)

Olivia Colman over Lady Gaga ( this would be Riva over Lawrence if lament wasn’t that she robbed Close)

Renee Zelweger over no real competition (but lament is that Lupita wasn’t nominated)

McDormand again over Mulligan, Davis, take your pick

So this is an improvement or?

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I understand you guys were upset at the JLaw win but calling her acting “atrocious” is ridiculous

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Just pretend they gave her the Oscar for Winters Bone and you’ll feel better.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 550 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.