Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 550 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
boredandricho..
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Not people on this forum still fighting because of PYW 🤦.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I don’t know how people nail their predictions down when they seem to believe that EVERY well reviewed performance will get an actress a nomination.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Imagine thinking Chastain is overdue when after Mollys Game she’s been flopping.

She hasn’t had many Oscar friendly roles since Zero Dark Thirty and Molly’s Game wasn’t really an Oscar movie? Doesn’t sound like flopping to me, someone please get Grace Randolph out of here

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Then how is she overdue when all of her performances have been snubbed rightfully so?

I wasn’t making the case for her being overdue, i was saying she hasn’t had many Oscar-friendly roles after Zero Dark Thirty. It’s not like she was ever gonna get nominated for Interstellar or some shit

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Emma Stone played Billie Jean King in a film that got solid reviews post her Oscar win and didn’t garner an Oscar nomination. Chastain, good reviews or not, is not guaranteed a nomination for a film like The Eyes of Tammy Faye. Nothing about it looks undeniable.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

And who here said “guaranteed” exactly? I swear, all I said was that I think she’s being written off too quickly. I am not even a Chastain stan; I just think the raves she’s getting from even Film Twitter people, who would he quick to trash this movie, could be good news for her.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I don’t know how people nail their predictions down when they seem to believe that EVERY well reviewed performance will get an actress a nomination.

well we are all geniuses after all 🤡

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

There will be more actresses coming November and December movie releases. I’m just putting my 3 bets for now

Stewart

Colman

Cruz

Their movies got rave reviews.

Check out some first-look photos from Apple TV+’s upcoming futuristic drama #SwanSong, starring Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Glenn Close and Awkwafina. The film is out December 17.

Glenn Close isn’t going anywhere.

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

Emma Stone played Billie Jean King in a film that got solid reviews post her Oscar win and didn’t garner an Oscar nomination. Chastain, good reviews or not, is not guaranteed a nomination for a film like The Eyes of Tammy Faye. Nothing about it looks undeniable.

Apparently Stone herself wasn’t into campaigning in back to back wins and was happy to not push the film especially after its box office was poor and the year turned out to be really competitive for best actress.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

How much did it make?

LOL, bitch you will say anything… thanks for the laugh

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Tammy Faye is obvious failed oscar bait. The scores keep dropping, 68% on rt and 59 on mc. Early September release, third studio’s priority at best and the B.O will be bad. By the time new contenders pop up like Blanchett, McDormand, Gaga, Kidman, Berry, Jlaw, even if some of them fail, Chastain will be basically forgotten. BFCA and random SAG nom are the ceiling for Chastain. For now, I think Stewart, Cruz and Colman look strong. And then we’ll have 2 of the unseen contenders to complete the lineup. JHud as a wild card if Berry and Thompson don’t become factors and voters look for a WoC contender.

All of this yes 👏🏼

Profile picture
    Suzanne Vale
    Topics:

Is Tammy Faye’s story that compelling?  Is the general movie going audience aware of her?  And buried in SEPTEMBER with so much good promised?

A Chastain nomination is not happening, sorry.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Whats going on with Chastain and Grace Randolph??

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Apparently Stone herself wasn’t into campaigning in back to back wins and was happy to not push the film especially after its box office was poor and the year turned out to be really competitive for best actress.

like she was going to win for that lmao

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 550 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.