Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 527 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Chastain loves DOR…disappointed she’d publicly say this considering how outspoken she’s been about Me Too as well as other causes: https://www.justjared.com/2021/09/17/jessica-chastain-reveals-the-role-she-turned-down-which-went-to-jennifer-lawrence/

i can’t imagine Jessica doing all of that Jlaw-like overacting in american hustle. I just can’t… thank god she turned it down.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Chastain loves DOR…disappointed she’d publicly say this considering how outspoken she’s been about Me Too as well as other causes: https://www.justjared.com/2021/09/17/jessica-chastain-reveals-the-role-she-turned-down-which-went-to-jennifer-lawrence/

Eww

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I mean if whom I’m talking about is a Hollywood juggernaut, I’ll be speaking very gently about them. It’s not like someone can be outspoken every hellish time. Plus, not everyone knows that. Chastain is very well-known as a hardworker, even Emma Stone and Timothy Chalamet talked about that on Variety’s Actors on Actors. There is a chance that she might not or didn’t have time to be informed about the issue. We can’t talk like she must know every single thing just because her strong support towards woman’s movement in film industry.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye is a Jessica Chastain showcase. She sings, cries, spirals, oozes in charisma in the telecasts, and shows intimacy. I don’t see how she misses now if voters watch the film and they will thanks to Searchlight. I don’t think Blanchett is getting campaigned in lead, but if she is I can see Chastain beating her out of a nomination since Chastain’s role is too undeniable. I was a bit worried critics were excessively praising her performance due to the prosthetic transformation, but there is a portion of the film where she is not laced in prosthetics and she still gives a powerhouse performance thanks to Chastain nailing the Minnesotan accent and showing so much charisma with her sporadic chuckles and eye fluttering (pre-transformation). The ending of the film is a reminisce of Judy’s tragic but visceral finale performance. And we all know how that ending did wonders for Zellweger’s Oscar chances. Chastain is one of the frontrunner, but is hurt by the film’s quality being so mediocre and possibly being too campy that it defers voters off. Chastain as Tammy Faye is a marvel at the end of the day though.

Do you think Chastain could go the same fate as Andra Day last year (strong performance and contender for the win but is ultimately hurt by the weakness of their film)?

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Slight amendment, he is abusive not just to his female actors but to everyone on set including male actors and his crew. Let’s not forget that he assaulted Clooney…

I had no idea. Yikes what a piece of sh*t.

FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Do you think Chastain could go the same fate as Andra Day last year (strong performance and contender for the win but is ultimately hurt by the weakness of their film)?

I think Chastain is in a much better position than Day since while The Eyes of Tammy Faye is mediocre it’s helped by the fact that it’s campy and stylistic. While USvBH was a sanitized biopic which was a slog to watch through. It helps that Chastain’s acting is more skilled than Day too.

I just worry voters will be turned off by Tammy Faye’s campy style thinking Chastain leans on too much caricature deluded religious zealot when she really doesn’t indulge in such acting habits. Theres a lot of nuance and sympathetic turns in her performance that I hope voters will notice.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I’m fine with Chastain becoming a priority over Blanchett. I am just so sick of the latter.

Always giving committed work with such a passion for acting. Completely volcanic performances and unforgettable presence and style. 7 nominations and two wins for doing the work and being an icon? Absurd.
    Like bitch, would you relax and give us nothing once in a  while?

Count me in as doing a counter campaign for Cate. She is also a spy for those of you who may wonder.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

If she actually does then I’m done with her 🤮

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope Chastain is somehow unaware of DOR’s actions or something (I know I’m clutching at straws) or the comments were taken out of context. The amount of creatives I’ve lost respect for after they not only stood up for Woody Allen but also gaslighted and accused Dylan Farrow of playing some sort of con.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I hope Chastain is somehow unaware of DOR’s actions or something (I know I’m clutching at straws) or the comments were taken out of context. The amount of creatives I’ve lost respect for after they not only stood up for Woody Allen but also gaslighted and accused Dylan Farrow of playing some sort of con.

How is that possible? We all know it, George Clooney & Lily Tomlin have spent so many years parrying questions about his on-set behavior (Clooney ofc has said strongly negative thing whereas Tomlin’s toed a “we were both volatile but he’s great” line, but to me that feels…just a tad old-fashioned. She clearly didn’t let him get away with shit). Then 2011 the sexual assault allegation that he admitted to, then the Sony hack. Etc. etc.

I get not knowing everything on the list, but if most of us know, how doesn’t she? I just don’t get how?

The most likely situation is that Chastain joins pretty much like every other person who’s worked with DOR since at least 2011 in being kind of a hypocrite about it. She’s hardly alone, I’m not hating on her. Kinda stupid of her to do it but….

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The amount of creatives I’ve lost respect for after they not only stood up for Woody Allen but also gaslighted and accused Dylan Farrow of playing some sort of con.

Out of curiosity, how did people feel when Kate Winslet in particular changed her tune on Woody Allen?

Also, did you know Cate Blanchett first said “it’s a family affair” during press for Blue Jasmine, then later claimed she had no idea while simultaneously (in the same interview) not actually saying anything even mildly negative about Allen. She just said “If the case needs to be reopened, I am absolutely, wholeheartedly in support of that”. That’s it.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Im just glad Halle didn’t work with Weinstein and DOR. If that means she didn’t get much of oscar bait roles after her oscar win  so be it at least she didn’t sell her soul to the devil 😈

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Fall Film Festival Metacritic Scores updated:

Petite Maman: 94
    The Power of the Dog: 92
    The Rescue: 92
    Memoria: 89
    Flee: 89
    The Velvet Underground: 89
    Drive My Car: 89
    The Lost Daughter: 88
    The Worst Person in the World: 88
    Spencer: 85
    Parallel Mothers: 85
    C’mon C’mon: 84

The Electrical Life of Louis Wain: 57
    The Eyes of Tammy Faye: 53
    France: 51
    Halloween Kills: 47
    Dashcam: 45
    Dear Evan Hansen: 41
    The Story of My Wife: 40
    Lakewood: 35
    The Starling: 33

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Jennifer was not really overacting in my opinion her character in American hustle was over the top and that’s how she played her.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Jennifer was not really overacting in my opinion her character in American hustle was over the top and that’s how she played her.

It’s a David o russel movie character so Anya Taylor joy and Margot Robbie probably did some over acting to for his next movie.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.