Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 527 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Piper Halliwell
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

Pardon me for not knowing, I deleted my twitter account a year ago

You live a happier life I bet

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, how did people feel when Kate Winslet in particular changed her tune on Woody Allen? Also, did you know Cate Blanchett first said “it’s a family affair” during press for Blue Jasmine, then later claimed she had no idea while simultaneously (in the same interview) not actually saying anything even mildly negative about Allen. She just said “If the case needs to be reopened, I am absolutely, wholeheartedly in support of that”. That’s it.

I always think about it whenever people praising Cate. I really really like her, my hormones too, but after watching Allen vs Farrow, knowing that this case is so well known for decades and yet Hollywood stars only gave mild opinion on Allen kinda ruin the magic to me. And now Jessica (and all the A-listers who work in his new project) about DOR, we can’t have nice things.

Profile picture
    MM
    Topics:

I always think about it whenever people praising Cate. I really really like her, my hormones too, but after watching Allen vs Farrow, knowing that this case is so well known for decades and yet Hollywood stars only gave mild opinion on Allen kinda ruin the magic to me. And now Jessica (and all the A-listers who work in his new project) about DOR, we can’t have nice things.

Kate Winslet and cate blanchett are the two biggest hypocrites in Hollywood. Cate even named her son *Roman* after Roman Polanski. And the way they would praise Woody Allen and Roman Polanski until it wasn’t cool to praise them publicly anymore.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Blanchett is winning, she’s the only contender in a strong best picture nominee so by default she’s winning

The fact that people still can’t accept Spencer is getting into Picture smh.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

If Spencer gets into BP, Stewart will maybe win easily. But I don’t know if I am predicting Spencer yet, sorry don’t attack me lol

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Do you think Chastain could go the same fate as Andra Day last year (strong performance and contender for the win but is ultimately hurt by the weakness of their film)?

Having watched the film, I’ll say it’s unlikely. Jessica Chastain’s character is someone who the audience will fall in love with- she has warmth,she is hilarious and she is kind. The performance is demanding and Chastain being a skilled performer delivers on many fronts.
    However,the biggest disadvantage of her performance is also the biggest advantage. The fact that people will find the acting over-the-top and extra eccentric will piss off unaware voters , however if the voters (especially Americans) go back to view any video of the original Tammy Faye, they’ll realise that the character was supposed to be like that. And then the brilliance of the performance will shine through.
    Btw, Chastain has a much bigger narrative than Day.

P.S.: The eyes of Tammy Faye is much better than US vs Billie Holiday. I can see it appealing to fun-loving voters.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I always think about it whenever people praising Cate. I really really like her, my hormones too, but after watching Allen vs Farrow, knowing that this case is so well known for decades and yet Hollywood stars only gave mild opinion on Allen kinda ruin the magic to me.

I just think that before that recent documentary, declining to condemn Woody Allen was more understandable because in 1993 there had been a widely publicized contemporaneous expert evaluation and report by psychiatrists at Yale University-New Haven Hospital commissioned by law enforcement officials which had (we now know, incorrectly) concluded that Dylan Farrow had not been sexually abused. I don’t blame Cate Blanchett for working with Woody Allen and declining to condemn him at the time, because the reasons for disbelieving that report wasn’t widely known until that documentary aired. What I don’t understand is why she seems to have persisted in her support for him even afterwards.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Having watched the film, I’ll say it’s unlikely. Jessica Chastain’s character is someone who the audience will fall in love with- she has warmth,she is hilarious and she is kind. The performance is demanding and Chastain being a skilled performer delivers on many fronts.
    However,the biggest disadvantage of her performance is also the biggest advantage. The fact that people will find the acting over-the-top and extra eccentric will piss off unaware voters , however if the voters (especially Americans) go back to view any video of the original Tammy Faye, they’ll realise that the character was supposed to be like that. And then the brilliance of the performance will shine through.
    Btw, Chastain has a much bigger narrative than Day.

P.S.: The eyes of Tammy Faye is much better than US vs Billie Holiday. I can see it appealing to fun-loving voters.

Yeah the campy nature of her performance will be a big detractor. I also just have trouble seeing voters truly connecting with her performance and with the film having questionable quality she is just not going to garner enough support to win especially if she lacks international support. Once the dust settles I suspect Chastain will lose her frontrunner status and we will move onto to other performances.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I also just have trouble seeing voters truly connecting with her performance

I’m sure people will connect to it. From my personal experience, experience of those I’ve talked to and the reviews tell that it’s a very sympathetic portrayal. But it is also unrelatable for a few,so I can understand why you didn’t connect. 🙂
    But this Performance is right up SAG’s alley. Kind of like Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody,the difference being that this is an Oscar worthy performance.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

I’m sure people will connect to it. From my personal experience, experience of those I’ve talked to and the reviews tell that it’s a very sympathetic portrayal. But it is also unrelatable for a few,so I can understand why you didn’t connect. 🙂
    But this Performance is right up SAG’s alley. Kind of like Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody,the difference being that this is an Oscar worthy performance.

It may be up SAG’s alley but we know they have different tastes to the academy and have become worse as a predictor. The Rami Malek comparison is weak as Freddy was beloved and the film was a massive box office hit and a best picture nominee. Tammy Faye just isn’t well known or beloved enough to overcome the questionable quality of the film. Even last year Day or Davis couldn’t overcome McDormand whom gave a subtle performance so the transformation angle may not be enough for Chastain if they don’t love the film. I think we should be looking to contenders such as Stewart, Colman or Kidman as our winner instead.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I still think Kristen Stewart is the frontrunner by virtue of playing Princess Diana.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

This is may out of topic, but im curious… do you guys think that Cate Blanchett in Carol is supporting?

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

This is may out of topic, but im curious… do you guys think that Cate Blanchett in Carol is supporting?

No.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

No, she and Mara are undoubtedly co-leads. It should have been another Thelma & Louise/Terms of Endearment

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Ah Jessica, not another Hollywood hypocrite.

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.