Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 527 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Box office performance aside, Chastain was never going to get win since she wouldn’t get nominated at BAFTA even with pre-jury BAFTA. Chastain would need the international bloc to even care about her performance to win. The international bloc isn’t the end be all, but she would need at least some votes from them. I’m aware Matthew McConaughey won while he snubbed by BAFTA, but his film was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars and was widely more seen than The Eyes of Tammy Faye.

Chastain still gets nominated though since she sings quite frequently in the film and the transformation can’t be overlooked.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Didn’t someone mention that wolfali’s pronouns were they/them a while back?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Chastain may very well win SAG. She thicks all the boxes of their requirements.

Baity and transformative: Yes

Raved: Yes

Previous nominee: Yes

Early release: Yes

Due for some recognition: Yes

If the Globes happens, she’ll be a lock there cos they love her. CC wouldn’t want to derail her run. BAFTA wouldn’t matter….a lot of us are already overestimating BAFTA’s power. But this year was unusual. Things won’t always take that route. So Chastain can still win. Ronan and Johansson were in BP contenders (even double BP contenders for Johansson) when Zellweger swept.

I really want Gaga to shake things up though

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yep. I don’t want to sound too pedantic but is it ok if people used they/them when referring to myself on here? Sorry.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

I’m not over-complicating things. I’m setting out what’s happening lol. The movie is a just a flop all-around and no one is clamoring to see it despite Chastain’s raves, which is what is going to kill her in the long run because no one cares to watch a biopic about Tammy Faye. I don’t know how you’re going to say no one but forum people know that it’s a flop is a good thing when audiences don’t even know the movie exists or care about it when they do watch it 💀 She can be nominated, but she’s 4th-5th place at best now with her film flopping like this with audiences. She can easily be kicked out especially by BP contenders or bigger Oscar faves.

Yup these numbers are TRAGIC, even for Pandemic times we are in. Her fans, Tammy Faye fans all said nope, we’ll wait for VOD. This movie needed to make noise and make somewhat of a decent box office for a September release, and that didn’t happen. Poor Jessica. I’m not mad about it, I want her to win for a good movie anyway.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I apologize, I didn’t know.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I apologize, I didn’t know.

No worries!

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Poor Jessica. I’m not mad about it, I want her to win for a good movie anyway.

Same Jessica served in Tammy Faye, but it’s just a type of performance im not particularly passionate about. I much prefer her restrained acting style with her glaring eyes and subtle changes in her voice inflection which she does fabulously well. Maybe she could win an Emmy for Scenes from a Marriage next year though.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Yep. I don’t want to sound too pedantic but is it ok if people used they/them when referring to myself on here? Sorry.

You don’t sound pedantic whatsoever and you have nothing to be sorry about. Thank you for telling us.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe she could win an Emmy for Scenes from a Marriage next year though.

She already deserves to based on the closing five minutes of the first episode alone. That gasp!

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Tammy Faye is absolutely not the role I’d like to see any actress win for, let alone Chastain. At least not in the way that film does it. If any biopic performance is gonna win it should be one like Stewart’s.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I’m not over-complicating things. I’m setting out what’s happening lol. The movie is a just a flop all-around and no one is clamoring to see it despite Chastain’s raves, which is what is going to kill her in the long run because no one cares to watch a biopic about Tammy Faye. I don’t know how you’re going to say no one but forum people know that it’s a flop is a good thing when audiences don’t even know the movie exists or care about it when they do watch it 💀 She can be nominated, but she’s 4th-5th place at best now with her film flopping like this with audiences. She can easily be kicked out especially by BP contenders or bigger Oscar faves.

Exactly this. The September release for Tammy Faye is horrible for buzz that’s already pretty non-existent. It’s not a contender in any other category except maybe Makeup and that’s why Renee Zellweger had a very particularly special case because her biggest competition was Lupita in a divisive horror film, which is why it was so easy for her to sweep the way she did in a weak year. Chastain is not seen as massively overdue, this isn’t a comeback, the movie is a critical and commercial flop (for basic movies like this, yes, it is an underperformance) and will not be a main priority for Searchlight come December.

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2021/09/18/box-office-friday-clint-eastwood-jessica-chastain-gerard-butler-ryan-reynolds/

Omg even Clint’s new movie earning more than Jessica’s Tammy…this is so embarrasing.

The audience really doesn’t care about that Tammy person. September release, bad reception from audience, bad movie…yeah Jessica has zero chance to win. She will be lucky if she get’s even nominated.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

I think Chastain still has a strong chance at a nomination, along with Makeup for the transformation. But a win might be questionable unless the passion for the performance is really there.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I don’t believe in hearsay though, I want to see the trailer then. It took Netflix months to decide to release bruised in November and with a theatrical date which by the way is Oscar friendly. If bruised is bad why release it in November and with a theatrical release.Netflix could’ve put a better film instead of Bruised? It just doesn’t make any sense.I’m cautiously optimistic.

I hope you’re right, I’m so here for a Halle comeback.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.