Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 527 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

The Jlaw haters still mad nearly 10 years later! LMAO. Her Oscar was rightfully deserved. People forget she was only 21 years old holding her own in scenes with Bob De Niro, chewing scene after scene against Cooper. She killed it. Chastain was indeed excellent, but they picked the right one that year.

Agree. I personally love Chastain, Watts, and Riva more than Lawrence in SLP. I haven’t personally Quvenzhane’s performance or that movie. I also think Keira Knightley is absoutley magnetic in Anna Karenina. But if they gave it to her for The Hunger Games instead of SLP I would have actually been happy. Her performances in those movies are very good. It actually reminds me of her Winter’s Bones days. I feel like she is a much better subtle actress

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

it’s 2021 y’all

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Really don’t mean to be rude, but can we please move on from the Jennifer Lawrence Oscar win discussion? It was talked about on and on last thread and it’s getting boring to read.

Let’s talk about Nightmare Alley instead. What’d everyone think of the trailer, specifically Blanchett? Do we think she’s lead or might she go supporting? Of course it’s too early to tell but I’m very interested in everyone’s thoughts.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Blanchett is supporting, then Searchlight will focus on Jessica Chastain.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Really don’t mean to be rude, but can we please move on from the Jennifer Lawrence Oscar win discussion? It was talked about on and on last thread and it’s getting boring to read. Let’s talk about Nightmare Alley instead. What’d everyone think of the trailer, specifically Blanchett? Do we think she’s lead or might she go supporting? Of course it’s too early to tell but I’m very interested in everyone’s thoughts.

I hope im wrong but I assume Blanchett may go supporting. I’ll be fine if they Submit Mara in lead, though

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Carol 2 looks great darling… I hope Collette, Dafoe both get noms and even wins. About time these great actors get their deserved oscars!

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

The thing about Blanchett is she clearly looks supporting but then why is her character mentioned in the official synopsis?

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

GD can never handle any mainstream/blockbuster actress winning an Oscar over their indie/auteur contender from some $5 indie movie that nobody has heard of.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

The way people pretend to have passion for Chastain’s Zero Dark Thirty performance just because they don’t like JLAW’S win is hilarious. Chastain is great but you guys are the only ones who think that performance was one of the most memorable ever.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

This discussion concerning which of Lawrence or Chastain was more deserving is, quite frankly, redundant, because Emmanuelle Riva shat on both of them and every other nominee that year.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Blanchett is supporting, then Searchlight will focus on Jessica Chastain.

I think it will depend on how strong a chance Collette and Mara have. If they have strong chances then Searchlight is going to keep Blanchett in lead. If they don’t then they will move her to supporting and focus on Chastain.

I hadn’t considered the possibility (mainly because Chastain’s film doesn’t seem like it will be a strong contender outside of potential noms for her and the film’s makeup) but I am starting to wonder if they could get both in. They did get Colman and McCarthy in although the latter of course was in a stronger film than Chastain is (that being said McCarthy, although great, never had the raves Chastain has).

If they do both get in then I wonder who is bumped out. It’s hard to see Colman miss as Netflix’s (likely) number one priority and Cruz and Stewart have undeniable raves (and the latter is in a possible picture nominee).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Rooney will most likely have the most screentime out of the ladies but she has the worst role. Toni has a better role but she won’t be in it for long beyond the beginning. I have her in but eh it’s kinda just because of a 100/1 at this point her get up looks atrocious too. Tbh without Blanchett, NA can be totally skunked across both supporting categories. It would be wiser to send Cate down to supporting where she can actually be win competitive because the others won’t be and might miss overall.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

The way people pretend to have passion for Chastain’s Zero Dark Thirty performance just because they don’t like JLAW’S win is hilarious. Chastain is great but you guys are the only ones who think that performance was one of the most memorable ever.

It was an amazing performance. Subtle, precise, and exquisite. She deserved to win, but that smear campaign was too much.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I actually think that was a fairly weak year. That’s primarily why I don’t resent Lawrence’s win. Her performance was fine. The movie and her character were weak though. ZDT is a borderline great movie, and Chastain was good in it. But I’m cool with that performance not winning. Riva was easily the best of the bunch. But an old lady who’s mostly unknown in the US in a foreign movie is not gonna win in the leading category. So, overall I’m fine with Lawrence’s victory. Certainly not one of the few best of the nominees though. Emma Stone’s win I find a bit more irritating as far as a popular actress winning for a semi mainstream/hit movie.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way people pretend to have passion for Chastain’s Zero Dark Thirty performance just because they don’t like JLAW’S win is hilarious.

I’ll be more than happy to keep pretending I have passion for Chastain’s Zero Dark Thirty performance except…

…I do actually have passion for her win worthy performance that year

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.