Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 527 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Piper Halliwell
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    akim67
    Topics:

Well I’ll just speak for myself here, I personally am not hating on Hudson here. If she was great, I’d have no problem rooting for her. My issue is that we only heard her as Aretha, we definitely did not see her as Aretha, and also you can be the biggest Aretha Franklin fan ever, but you can’t tell me it was a good film and that it did much justice to her legacy. The way it skimmed over her life as some football highlight reel was a choice. My issue besides the film was that like another user stated, she’s just not good outside of the singing.

That’s just your opinion, though. And the critics and I disagree.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/CreativLicense_/status/1439406011480162307

House of Gucci is test screening on the 20th

Lord protect us

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Since I’ve mostly just lurked here, I’ll just say I’ve been swayed a bit by arguments for and against Cruz, for and against Chastain, and lol basically everyone discussed so far. So as of now I thinkkkkk

1. Kristen Stewart
    2. Olivia Colman
    3. Jessica Chastain
    4. Tessa Thompson
    5. Caitriona Balfe*

*yes I think she’d get in, and I really don’t like Belfast, I just think the combo of her being the best in it + the film being a frontrunner = makes her easy-ish no matter which category she goes into.

She better not get in for lead, Balfe is supporting.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Lord protect us

Prayer circle time

Gucci

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Dont judge whos gonna win

My list in random order

Kristen Stewart

Jessica Chastain

Penelope Cruz

Halle Berry

………..

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

It was pretty weak. Two women as sole nominees, Viola Davis in a passionless film with no BP/BD/BAS mentions. The industry awards being all over the place means absolutely nothing. None of these women had nearly as acclaim as Kristen Stewart, Jessica Chastain, Penélope Cruz, heck even Olivia Colman. Blanchett would have to overcome her whole cast first, then the raves of others with no narrative whatsoever. That’s almost an impossible task to achieve.

It doesn’t work like that, and you must have lived under a rock because they all got personal reviews as astounding as the ones you mentioned. Also for next time movie acclaim =|= personal reviews.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

True. But Penelope’s film is a strong contender for international film (just like <i>Pain and Glory</i> was) and that can benefit her in the same way it did Banderas even if she misses SAG and BAFTA.

I can even see Penélope getting in without her film – remember Marion Cotillard and Isabelle Huppert? She just needs a proper amount of critics buzz to maintain her status.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

It doesn’t work like that, and you must have lived under a rock because they all got personal reviews as astounding as the ones you mentioned. Also for next time movie acclaim =|= personal reviews.

We are over on that discussion. The amount of personal comments I was getting, it’s truly scary. I’m not living under a rock. I’m having a different opinion. Deal with it.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Im a person of color as well, I’m rooting for Halle or Tessa to get in for a better performance than a mediocre filler nominee JHud, Hopefully next year Queen Viola can finally win her much deserved Oscar Best Actress.

The Viola Davis hype is on track again when the film isn’t even completed? Lol. I can’t wait for Cynthia Erivo to surprise y’all with her African Princess movie. Viola is the only black actress y’all want to see prevail, for that, I pray someone unexpected and less liked gets it.

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/CreativLicense_/status/1439406011480162307 House of Gucci is test screening on the 20th

Gaga better be raved

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Whoever suggested that song for the Spencer teaser is a genius. That song made complemented the trailer so well and it’s one of the reasons I watch it everyday.

That said, I don’t think Stewart is winning.. I’ll be happy if she gets just the nomination. I remember a lot of people dismissing her completely when the film was announced. I love it when unexpected things happen. I love to see people prove their doubters wrong

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

We are over on that discussion. The amount of personal comments I was getting, it’s truly scary. I’m not living under a rock. I’m having a different opinion. Deal with it.

Well, it’s really not about having an opinion, Mulligan, Day, Kirby, Davis and McDormand were factually acclaimed if not more than the girls this year.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/CreativLicense_/status/1439406011480162307 House of Gucci is test screening on the 20th

This is going to get panned.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I want so so so so so much for Tessa Thompson. She’s up there with the most hard-working and talented actors of her generation and she’s always quietly giving brilliant performances. In that way, she’s so underrated imo, she’s rarely in awards conversations even though I feel like everyone really likes her. I’m really rooting for her esp with those amazing Sundance reviewssssssss. Come onnnnn NYFF, I’ll be seeing it there 😀😍🙂

Anyone know which fest is next?

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

She better not get in for lead, Balfe is supporting.

Well, I was predicting this just in case she does go lead

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.