Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 527 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

I’m just not as convinced as the rest of you. I think the older voters, who make up a majority of the academy, are going to prefer Jennifer Hudson. 

What actress in the last 50 years has won TWO Oscars for 2 singing roles? Come on already.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

I love Kristen Stewart and would love for her to win but isn’t it possible that there will be a sense of deja vu to her performance? Emma Corrin may win an Emmy tonight for playing Diana in The Crown, there have been countless made for television movies about Diana – I’m just not as convinced as the rest of you. I think the older voters, who make up a majority of the academy, are going to prefer Jennifer Hudson. I haven’t seen Stewart’s performance yet, so I might change my mind, but this is something that is worth considering. We have a long ways to go – things change in a hurry. Hardly anybody thought Frances McDormand would win a third Oscar last year, with most people thinking it would be Viola Davis or Carey Mulligan, and some insisting it would be Andra Day. Only a handful thought McDormand would prevail. So who knows? Maybe Lady Gaga will prevail for all we know!

Voters won’t care. Oldman won an Oscar playing Churchill after Lithgow’s (better) Emmy winning performance in The Crown. If the support is there, she will win.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

What actress in the last 50 years has won TWO Oscars for 2 singing roles? Come on already.

Respect was exactly what was expected of her. Great vocals, loud beautiful vocals

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Kidman is not happening for Lucy. She looks nothing like her.

And? What does that have to do with anything…..

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

Grace Randolph heard that HOG wasn’t that good but I’m not sure how reliable she is when it’s about non superhero films?!

I would be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be good cause that trailer screamed razzie buffoonery!!

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Does this mean Kristen Sewerat is doomed?

What is your problem?

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Grace Randolph heard that HOG wasn’t that good but I’m not sure how reliable she is when it’s about non superhero films?! I would be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be good cause that trailer screamed razzie buffoonery!!

The fact that Grace Randolph heard this is probably a good sign tbh…

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Grace Randolph heard that HOG wasn’t that good but I’m not sure how reliable she is when it’s about non superhero films?! I would be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be good cause that trailer screamed razzie buffoonery!!

Eh, one critics could give a bad review while others give a good one.

For the record: Grace Randolph said Old (that dumb Shyamalan’s beach movie) is good.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Grace Randolph literally praised that Cinderella trainwreck

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

It is genuinely beyond me why people still talk about that nutcase of a woman

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

FWIW I do think Hudson’s chances are being underestimated (basically dismissed by many at this point), since I think normies outside of sites like these still seem to be impressed with the film and performance. It didn’t do much box office, but the more releases like Tammy Faye come out, the more they will demonstrate that it probably won’t matter much in the context of this year given so much of the specialty box office audience is wisely choosing to stay home (but they will eventually catch up either via streaming or screeners and be similarly impressed, I think). Likewise that might also mean they’re paying less attention to the reviews that are published along with the theatrical release and less influenced than they otherwise might be by them (to some extent).

Still I think there’s only one slot, two tops, for the biopic performances other than Stewart (so between JHud, Chastain, Kidman, Gaga).

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Box office won’t matter for an arthouse film like Stewart’s or Cruz’s.

Chastain’s movie is a niche title too!

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The thing to worry about with Chastain is that she keeps missing out on nominations with only The Help and Zero Dark Thirty being nominated. I think she could be snubbed again.. for now I think she’s in fifth place.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is a 100% lock in this category after she beat Princess Diana at the Emmys winning her 1st Emmy. Fix those predictions if she isn’t there.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Corrin losing is good for Stewart’s chances, but she may end up facing Olivia Colman in the race.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.