Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 527 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

The way people pretend to have passion for Chastain’s Zero Dark Thirty performance just because they don’t like JLAW’S win is hilarious. Chastain is great but you guys are the only ones who think that performance was one of the most memorable ever.

Ikr, i dont doubt she can be great in Tammy Faye but she was by far the worst in that lineup

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Rooney will most likely have the most screentime out of the ladies but she has the worst role. Toni has a better role but she won’t be in it for long beyond the beginning. I have her in but eh it’s kinda just because of a 100/1 at this point her get up looks atrocious too. Tbh without Blanchett, NA can be totally skunked across both supporting categories. It would be wiser to send Cate down to supporting where she can actually be win competitive because the others won’t be and might miss overall.

Eh, if Mara has the most screentime and she’s the only “good” or “sympathetic” character, then its possible for her to go lead since the Academy has the soft spot for sympathetic female character (CMIIW)

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Chastain has it in lock, not a good film and not the ideal way I see her winning, but I can’t see Stewart outshining Chastain. Again, this is sight unseen for Spencer, but after you guys see her performance, you’ll get it.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I’ll just pretend 2012 is a talking point because Chastain may be coming for that nomination, but I have to laugh at the Teen magazine crowd. When will you get it? Some actresses are just not everyone’s cup of tea, even if they are supposed to be marketed as America’s fucking sweethearts. This is not high school… just move on.

Now, something just didn’t click with me and that trailer for Cate. I’d love a second nod in Lead for Rooney. But yeah, this year is a bloodbath. Honestly, so much better than last, and this year destroys 2019. I just need any update on Halle.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Teen magazine crowd ? Jennifer Lawrence debuted in the 2010s her fan base does not consist of mostly teens.

Right. If the “teen magazine crowd” comment is a diss at anyone, it has to be Kristen Stewart (again, don’t @ me I’m just talking timeline here) because surely they can’t be talking Lawrence, already an academy award nominee at that point. Surely they can’t confuse Lawrence with that Teenie boper magazine now. Lawrence separated herself so far from the teen crowd… baby girl never once showed up for her MTV awards. She knew what time it was.

Profile picture
    orange juice
    Topics:

The way Cate Blanchett laughs in that teaser trailer…I need this woman to brutally murder me

Profile picture
    I saw you, Erica!
    Topics:

The trailer gave me goose bumps! Villain Blanchett directed by del Toro sounds like a great match!

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Denis Villeneuve, Dune
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Toni Collette
    Best Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’ll just pretend 2012 is a talking point because Chastain may be coming for that nomination, but I have to laugh at the Teen magazine crowd. When will you get it? Some actresses are just not everyone’s cup of tea, even if they are supposed to be marketed as America’s fucking sweethearts. This is not high school… just move on. Now, something just didn’t click with me and that trailer for Cate. I’d love a second nod in Lead for Rooney. But yeah, this year is a bloodbath. Honestly, so much better than last, and this year destroys 2019. I just need any update on Halle.

Halle Berry, in some form or another, has been fighting her whole life. Be it for coveted movie roles, on behalf of victims of domestic violence like herself, or against a perception that her physical beauty has insulated her from struggle, she has always seen herself as an underdog. And now, in her first film as a director, she has cast herself as one, too.

In “Bruised” (premiering theatrically Nov. 17 before moving to Netflix a week later), Berry stars as Jackie Justice, a humiliated mixed martial arts fighter desperate to stage a comeback. It is her most physically demanding role: Now 55, she had to train four to six hours a day to learn boxing, Muay Thai, judo and jujitsu, as well as brush up on the capoeira skills.

Then, she’d spend the rest of the day in director mode: scouting locations in Newark, developing a script initially centered on a 20-something Irish Catholic white woman, blocking elaborate fight scenes, and collaborating with her intergenerational cast of actors. For any first-time filmmaker, that combination alone is a feat.

To embody Jackie’s metamorphosis, Berry totally transformed herself. Her eyes are constantly swollen, her lips bleeding, and she wears baggy pants and braids without a hint of glamour.

When I told Berry that her character’s appearance reminded me of Brad Pitt’s disfigurement at the end of “Fight Club,” she pushed back, and then I realized that my gaze might also be distorted by preconceived notions about her and her career. In other words, she wanted to play Jackie because she saw parts of herself — past and present — in her story and her struggle for more.

Halle Berry makes her directorial debut in “Bruised,” in which she also stars as a humiliated MMA fighter desperate to stage a comeback. It’s her most physically demanding role — at 55, she trained four to six hours a day

Via New York Times .

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I’ve heard that Blanchett will be lead in this, despite her character (I believe) being supporting in the original.

Also, I can see Emilia Jones getting BAFTA rising star, or maybe even Critics Choice or Indie Spirit.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

The real tea is that no one knows whether Blanchett is supporting or not

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

@kallewickans… Girl… you’re my favorite Berry supporter on here, but seeing the raves for Spencer, and now visually seeing TEOTF, and also Colman, Cruz, etc. I don’t think Berry is happening.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

I think the NA trailer looks great, but confirms my suspicions that Blanchett’s potential lead campaign is simply to maximize nominations for the ensemble and might not be substantial enough in its own right to contend for a nom. I don’t think Chastain has to worry too much about competing for Searchlight’s campaign resources.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I think the NA trailer looks great, but confirms my suspicions that Blanchett’s potential lead campaign is simply to maximize nomination campaigns for the ensemble and might not be substantial enough in its own right to contend for a nom. I don’t think Chastain has to worry too much about competing for Searchlight’s campaign resources.

I always struggled to see how Blanchett would be lead in this… but if it’s not a top BP movie which can get 3 acting nominations, I also think it would be safer to just campaign Blanchett in supporting and focus on Chastain for leading.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Dont judge whos gonna win
    On my list in Random order

Kristen Stewart
    Jessica Chastain
    Penelope Cruz
    Halle Berry
    Jodie Comer ( if the film hits )

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
    waiting list

Tessa Thompson
    Sandra Bullock
    Caitriona Balfe (hope Supporting )
    Nichole Kidman ( hope next year )

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

“Stop trying to make Jodie Comer happen, she is not going to happen!”

R. George

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.