Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 527 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Olivia lost last year for Zendaya, in one of the most popular wins in recent years and Olivia was the fav (w/Laura) in that situation.

She was literally third in the odds for The Crown last year how was she the favourite lol?

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

and now Oscar has inherited this moment/buzz of give a win for someone playing Diana.

People who say Olivia will win an Oscar (for a movie that will probably be a factor only in an actress/screenplay) because she won a “surprise” Emmy must be the same people who sayed that Zendaya would be nominated for Malcolm & Marie because she won an Emmy lol.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’m sorry but the term “career-best performances” loses all meaning when you include Emma and MJ, both of whom barely even had a television career before The Crown and Pose.

If they gave career best performances than there would be no need for “vote for the historical LBGTQ win” that, at least in MJ Rodrriguez case, was the primary reason why some people on GD predicted her. And predictions based on progressive agenda rather than performance and show/movie one is in leads to “disappointment” than anyone but jaded agenda-pushers could see coming. That’s how we got Boseman and Davis “disappointments”
    when Hopkins and McDromand snatched wigs. They had perofrmances and they had nominated movies, while the other 2 had “it is his and her time” narrative that AMPAS didn’t care about. That s*** is big only among predictors because it helps them build a case for weak contenders.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Current predictions:

Catriona Balfe, Belfast
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Kristen Stewart, Spencer

I am thinking Jessica Chastain might miss yet again – she constantly has come in 6-8 since 2012’s Zero Dark Thirty, her second nomination in two years back then (The Help was her first for Supporting Actress). Her performance is terrific but the film isn’t strong enough.

Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, and Frances McDormand (too soon for her and not a strong enough film) are still possibilities too.

Hudson and Gaga are unlikely to get in. I don’t understand people denying Chastain a nod this early. She seems like a sure thing on paper for the nod.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

and now Oscar has inherited this moment/buzz of give a win for someone playing Diana. People who say Olivia will win an Oscar (for a movie that will probably be a factor only in an actress/screenplay) because she won a “surprise” Emmy must be the same people who sayed that Zendaya would be nominated for Malcolm & Marie because she won an Emmy lol.

Except The Lost Daughter and Colman gets all the raves. Malcolm and Marie getting mixed reception at the very best

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Zendaya is no Olivia…

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

She was literally third in the odds for The Crown last year how was she the favourite lol?

even though she’s third in some predictions, it wouldn’t be a surprise for her to win in that situation. It was an open category. She won the Golden Globes, while Aniston won the SAG in a “surprise” moment. It was a split race and Olivia was in one of the most popular series.

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

I can’t wait to see what the critics bodies will pick as their Best Actress. I mean this year we have Cruz, Stewart, Reinsve, Vartolomei, Colman, Balfe, Swinton, and probably some others.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

If Emmys 2021 showed anything, it’s that sympathy is with the Royal Family. Elisabeth II, Prince Charles and Prince Philip won. The Crown won. Oprah: Harry and Meghan flopped. Emmys are not into Royal Family bashing. So while I don’t know what kind of overlap between Emmy and AMPAS there is, the Royal Block is not to be underestimated. And that doesn’t bode well for Spencer and KStew. I’ve been one of the biggest KStew cheers but Corrin loss is a cold shower. The writing is on the wall, ignbore it at your own peril. Congrats to Elisabeth II and Margaret Thatcher for adding Emmy wins to their Oscar wins, joining Winston Churchill.

And yet they chose to award the season that best showed what a bunch of jackasses the royal family is. Curious, don’t you think?

Stewart is winning. Diana is 10 times more beloved than the royal family. Last night Corrin lost to Colman, not Diana to the Elizabeth.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Olivia lost last year for Zendaya, in one of the most popular wins in recent years 

Most popular where? That they awarded Colman now looks a lot like a buyer’s remorse to me. Tends to happen when you award flavor of the month over THAT performance in Aberfan. I understand that teen drug addicts resonate and all that but Colman was GOAT so that they have made up for the mistake of the last year is no surprise.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I can’t wait for the House Of Gucci test screening reaction this thread will go to hell. Will go to part 15 soon enough.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I can’t wait for the House Of Gucci test screening reaction this thread will go to hell. Will go to part 15 soon enough.

What time are they happening do you know?

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I know some are trying their best to undermine Kristen’s chances as Corrin wasn’t able to win, but

A. Corrin was a newcomer facing internal competition with a due fellow-actress playing a similar iconic role (Kristen is no newcomer, faces no internal competition and her Diana is the most beloved character in the race)

B. Not having Corrin as a prestige award winner makes Stewart the only person left to be rewarded as Diana for now. It’ll be a refreshing vote.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

What time are they happening do you know? [/quote

It didn’t say a specific time but the test screenings happened  Sunday evening. I’ll be in the lookout for reactions.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

After the whole Emmy mess it’s exactly what we need.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.