Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 527 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Piper Halliwell
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

And yet they chose to award the season that best showed what a bunch of jackasses the royal family is. Curious, don’t you think?

They are a bunch of jackasses in every season. Starting with what was done to Margaret. But if you want curious, that would be that they awarded Stanley Tucci’s Italy over Oprah: Harry&Meghan. Looks someone’s stock has dropped hard. Barack and Michelle didn’t want them at Barack’s birthday. Vintour didn’t want them at MET Gala. Now Emmys don’t want them either.

Stewart is winning. Diana is 10 times more beloved than the royal family. Last night Corrin lost to Colman, not Diana to the Elizabeth.

While I stand by my opinion that Colman win was Zendaya win buyer’s remorse, that proved stronger than love for Diana so careful about Stewart. While I want Stewart to win, Emmys changed my perspective on Diana support. Either way you slice it, Corrin should have been a slamdunk and she wasn’t, and lost to an actress from the same show no less. I guess that SAG going to Anderson was the big hint of things to come.

So stay alert.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Emmy voters are not Oscar voters, although Colman shouldn’t have won last night, it will have no impact on Stewart. They love a biopic performance that is a raved performance. Stewart is still the frontrunner atm.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I know some are trying their best to undermine Kristen’s chances as Corrin wasn’t able to win, but A. Corrin was a newcomer facing internal competition with a due fellow-actress playing a similar iconic role (Kristen is no newcomer, faces no internal competition and her Diana is the most beloved character in the race) B. Not having Corrin as a prestige award winner makes Stewart the only person left to be rewarded as Diana for now. It’ll be a refreshing vote.

No one is trying to undermine Stewart. All options and scenarios should be explored. Corrin miss could be read as that she wasn’t the ultimate Diana, which favoris Stewart’s chance, or that Diana support/fascination isn’t as strong as previously thought, which doesn’t favor Stewart chance. Of course, at the end of the day, they simply liked Colamn better.

I agree about internal competition but newcomers facing internal competition from veterans do win. Such as Comer over Oh. And Corrin played a supposedly more beloved historical figure.

All I’m saying that there may be an opposition. That’s all.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

What time are they happening do you know? [/quote It didn’t say a specific time but the test screenings happened Sunday evening. I’ll be in the lookout for reactions.

Only a few people on Letterboxd have actually seen it so far (if they are to be believed anyway). I don’t know where else I should look.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wasn’t saying that at all? But that win is pretty ridiculous when you remember that she won over multiple people giving career best performances.

Darling it’s just an award. Why are you taking it so seriously lol?

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

That they awarded Colman now looks a lot like a buyer’s remorse to me.

This feels like a reach to me. That season was not as well acclaimed, and they also went with Foy on her outgoing season. I haven’t heard anyone look back on Zendaya’s win that year as regrettable, either.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

not y’all fr comparing zendaya to olivia. wake up ig

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Emma Corrin playing Princess Diana lost to Olivia Colman playing Queen Elizabeth II which hardly suggests royal family fatigue in award bodies. Stewart would be in danger if Corrin lost to MJ Rodriguez whose campaign rested on narrative and a series send off. Narratives failed again and the award bodies chose another member from the Royal Family, which wasn’t the Diana people were predicting. But Josh O’ Conner’s Prince Charles does suggest there is still prominent interest in Princess Diana’s life considering how important Charles was to Diana’s political affairs.

There is hardly any royal family fatigue at all considering Prince Charles and Princess Phillip (which as an upset) also won. The Crown went 7/7 which was a historic sweep for drama series contenders and should not be overlooked when it comes to award bodies fascination with British period pieces. Spencer will get watched and Stewart’s performance will be examined with a close eye that makes her the most buzzed performance currently. The Diana fascination is still very much there and will only be amplified with Elizabeth Debecki playing Diana in season 5 to possibly avenge for Corrin’s loss.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/A24/status/1439982861793234950

doubt this film will be a hit on awards season but so excited to see frances nail this. also loved the teaser poster

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The trailer for A24’s THE TRAGEDY OF THE MACBETH is coming tomorrow ahead of its world premiere at the 59th New York Film Festival #NYFF59

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Narratives failed again  

GOOD! GOOOOOD! Now if people could just calm down with predictions based on narratives that they create to prop weak contenders, we wouldn’t have messy threads. But then we wouldn’t have fun. 🙂

I agree with your full post that there’s no royal fatigue. We just have to see which way the wind blows.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

On the other hand, Gillian Anderson’s Emmy win for playing Margaret Thatcher aligns with Streep’s 3rd Best Actress Oscar playing Thatcher. And Olivia Colman joins Claire Foy’s Queen Elizabeth II Emmy winning performance that is also tantamount with Helen Mirren’s Queen Elizabeth II Best Actress Oscar.

Perhaps Emma Corrin’s Princess Diana won’t be the portrayal of Diana that wins the Emmy, but it is Elizabeth Debecki’s Diana that follows Stewart’s Oscar winning Princess Diana performance.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Hudson and Gaga are unlikely to get in. I don’t understand people denying Chastain a nod this early. She seems like a sure thing on paper for the nod.

There is no way that Jennifer Hudson is not getting nominated! That is simply INSANE! Her performance is the best so far in 2021 and it would be crazy not to nominate her! They will nominate one black actress and it will be her – it won’t be Tessa Thompson or anyone else, it will be Jennifer Hudson, period.

Jessica Chastain often winds up in the 6-8 position in Oscar seasons, and the film itself isn’t all that good. I am not certain she won’t be nominated, there are three months to go, but I think she can be left out and at most she would get fifth place if she does make it on to the ballot.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Darling it’s just an award. Why are you taking it so seriously lol?

I’m not.. I just thought other people were more deserving why is that so hard to understand? 💀

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Laughing at some people comparing Olivia fucking Colman to Zendaya. Comparing The Lost Daughter to Macaroni & Marie? Huh? The Lost Daughter is sitting pretty on Metacritic with an 88, and a perfect 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. It’s more acclaimed than BOTH Spencer and Macaroni & Marie. Both critics and the overall weight of the performances will launch it into the Picture conversation once Maggie secures the Screenplay nod, while the British bloc will rally behind Colman because of course they fucking will. Can’t say either of those two eventualities will happen for Spencer.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.