Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 527 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Laughing at some people comparing Olivia fucking Colman to Zendaya. Comparing The Lost Daughter to Macaroni & Marie? Huh? The Lost Daughter is sitting pretty on Metacritic with an 88, and a perfect 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. It’s more acclaimed than BOTH Spencer<b><i> </i></b>and Macaroni & Marie. Both critics and the overall weight of the performances will launch it into the Picture conversation once Maggie secures the Screenplay nod, while the British bloc will rally behind Colman because of course they fucking will. Can’t say either of those two eventualities will happen for Spencer.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Macaroni&Marie

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Seeing people here being salty for my queen’s triumph, I can only smile. That’s what she deserves for being talented, industrious and charming.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Her performance is the best so far in 2021

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

It makes sense why Colman won even though she wasn’t the favorite (no pun intended). She’s far more recognizable of an actress than Emma Corrin, and unlike Diana, Elizabeth is the titular character and actual protagonist, making her automatically more of a fit for the category.

All that said, none of it should really impact Spencer. I can imagine it getting a bit confusing when we have FOUR awards-aiming portrayals of Princess Diana in just over a year (the other two being Jeanna de Waal in Diana: The Musical and Elizabeth Debicki in The Crown Season 5), which I think is partly the result of it being the 25th anniversary of her death next year, but now that the Emmys have come and gone, Spencer has plenty of breathing room to make its case. Not only that, but the movie itself has gotten a ton of great reviews, especially for Stewart, and that momentum can only carry forward at this point. I see Spencer doing only just as well as Jackie: Stewart will get nominated and so will production and costume designs, but the movie won’t win anything.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The trailer for A24’s THE TRAGEDY OF THE MACBETH is coming tomorrow ahead of its world premiere at the 59th New York Film Festival #NYFF59

The bad bitch is coming for a supporting nom which she will never win because she only wins LEAD but hey

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

No non-white contenders, all English language contenders. Don’t see that happening.

Also, there isn’t gonna be any Olivia Colman “backlash”. A handful of people complaining in a forum don’t mean much. There wasn’t even any hubbub about her win in the wretched Twitter-verse.

5 of the past 11 Best Actress lineups were all white. As shitty as that is, it’s entirely plausible that it could happen again. There were also only been 4 performances not in English nominated in that lineup, so I don’t know what point you’re trying to make there. Penelope Cruz could absolutely happen, but she’s easily behind Chastain, Colman, and Stewart, and there’s a lot of performances still unseen. Don’t see it for Jennifer Hudson, movie came out too early and no one cared about it besides her performance. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any other nonwhite contenders, correct me if I’m wrong.

Profile picture
    Daniele Massafra
    Topics:

AMANDA SEYFRIED!!!!!!!

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

5 of the past 11 Best Actress lineups were all white. As shitty as that is, it’s entirely plausible that it could happen again. There were also only been 4 performances not in English nominated in that lineup, so I don’t know what point you’re trying to make there. Penelope Cruz could absolutely happen, but she’s easily behind Chastain, Colman, and Stewart, and there’s a lot of performances still unseen. Don’t see it for Jennifer Hudson, movie came out too early and no one cared about it besides her performance. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any other nonwhite contenders, correct me if I’m wrong.

Thompson and Berry wait until November

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

She is coming

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Thompson and Berry wait until November

Forgot about Berry, I’ll keep an eye out for her. Not buying the Passing hype, but I absolutely could be wrong.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Forgot about Berry, I’ll keep an eye out for her. Not buying the Passing hype, but I absolutely could be wrong.

tbh i feel like passing will be a bigger contender than berry. bruised feels a lot like one night in miami to me rn

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

tbh i feel like passing will be a bigger contender than berry. bruised feels a lot like one night in miami to me rn

what does that mean?

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

with emmys being so white the oscars will make sure there’s at least 1 woc in the lineup.

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

The trailer for The Worst Person in The World is out. You go, Renate!

‘The Worst Person in the World’ Trailer: Joachim Trier’s Dark Rom-Com Won Best Actress at Cannes

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.