Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 527 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Piper Halliwell
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

with emmys being so white the oscars will make sure there’s at least 1 woc in the lineup.

Lmaoo no they won’t. Them passing on Chad for Anthony last year is the fresshest example they don’t care about social justice warriors and their delulu twitter theories.

Also Will Smith probably winning next year will be more than enough for their poc inclusion politics if there is any.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I’m nervous about Bruised. We have some great pictures but, no trailer. We need something.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’m nervous about Bruised. We have some great pictures but, no trailer. We need something.

Relax girl

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

with emmys being so white the oscars will make sure there’s at least 1 woc in the lineup.

I think the opposite…the all white winners from the Emmys is foreshadowing for the Oscars lack of inclusive POC acting lineup. Usually the Emmys are more diverse in POC winners and the fact that this years ceremony churned put 0 winners alludes to the Oscars acting lineup once again being predominantly all White. I’m not even sure if a WOC will be able to make it in Best Actress anymore even though I was sure at least one of them will be able to make it in.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Apart from Michael K Williams, Emmys got it right.

Dont @ me

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Lmaoo no they won’t. Them passing on Chad for Anthony last year is the fresshest example they don’t care about social justice warriors and their delulu twitter theories. Also Will Smith probably winning next year will be more than enough for their poc inclusion politics if there is any.

Anthony was the deserving winner… they literally used boseman for clout and it all blew up in their faces at the end

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

If the Emmys were honoring the best performance, Tobias would have not been nominated, let alone win.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

So sad the the academy hasn’t learned it’s not the fault of the winners but the voting bodies only rewarding white centered performance and stories. while performance of poc are often passed over, Part of this is voters going all in on like 5 films  max.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

I can smell the desperation coming from Stewart’s stans.

Same. It’s a foul odour, indeed.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Bruised will only potentially get Indie Spirit nominations – not Oscar nominations. Every single year we go through this on Goldderby!

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Corrin was better than Colman. She deserved.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

AMANDA SEYFRIED!!!!!!!

Yup, the A Mouthful of Air trailer was released and Amanda looks great

Probably not going anywhere tho, an indie drama from an debutant that didn’t hit any festival mmm

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

At the end of the day, people are going to vote for the performances they are passionate about. Twitter, social media, etc. are irrelevant. Most people do think the same way. Like I mentioned in another thread, as most white artists use their money and privilege to support mostly white-led films are the same people who are preaching about diversity all the time. Last year we had a diverse set of winners, yet people still made time to argue how a supporting Oscar win is not good enough as a leading one. I get it, we want another WOC winning in lead and the day will come (and it won’t necessarily be Viola Davis). But Hollywood need to do better in terms of providing opportunities for WOC in lead roles. And you know these are desperate times for change when the most visible WOC contender this year is Jennifer Hudson’s averagely received performance in a mediocre movie.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

At the end of the day, people are going to vote for the performances they are passionate about. Twitter, social media, etc. are irrelevant. Most people do think the same way. Like I mentioned in another thread, as most white artists use their money and privilege to support mostly white-led films are the same people who are preaching about diversity all the time. Last year we had a diverse set of winners, yet people still made time to argue how a supporting Oscar win is not good enough as a leading one. I get it, we want another WOC winning in lead and the day will come (and it won’t necessarily be Viola Davis). But Hollywood need to do better in terms of providing opportunities for WOC in lead roles. And you know these are desperate times for change when the most visible WOC contender this year is Jennifer Hudson’s averagely received performance in a mediocre movie.

It’s wild to me that people were so quick to jump on the Golden Globes (rightfully so) but conveniently turn a blind eye when the more favourable award shows demonstrate the same anti-POC sentiment

Don’t you think Viola and Halle are getting quality roles?

Some people praise performances by white actresses in flawed (sometimes horribly flawed) films and consider them award-worthy. They say “the film isn’t exactly good, but she’s excellent.” But when it comes to actresses of color, they have other standards.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.