Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 526 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Piper Halliwell
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Definitely! I don’t think she has enough narrative to actually win, but a comeback nomination is possible. Not to mention that this shouldn’t be her comeback – Things We Lost in a Fire was an ugly snub!

Sure was…she was great in that film. I’m hoping for follow up nomination ala Sandra Bullock (Gravity).

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

The only thing that makes me doubt Halle is the fact I keep reading people saying the movie was bad when the unfinished version was screened last year.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

The only thing that makes me doubt Halle is the fact I keep reading people saying the movie was bad when the unfinished version was screener last year.

can I have link to the reviews?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The only thing that makes me doubt Halle is the fact I keep reading people saying the movie was bad when the unfinished version was screened last year.

I don’t believe in hearsay though, I want to see the trailer then. It took Netflix months to decide to release bruised in November and with a theatrical date which by the way is Oscar friendly. If bruised is bad why release it in November and with a theatrical release.Netflix could’ve put a better film instead of Bruised? It just doesn’t make any sense.I’m cautiously optimistic.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I don’t believe in hearsay though, I want to see the trailer then. It took Netflix months to decide to release bruised in November and with a theatrical date which by the way is Oscar friendly. If bruised is bad why release it in November and with a theatrical release.Netflix could’ve put a better film instead of Bruised? It just doesn’t make any sense.I’m cautiously optimistic.

I thought that “Bruised” took the spot left by “Blonde” on their release calendar.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I thought that “Bruised” took the spot left by “Blonde” on their release calendar.

I don’t know maybe  Netflix did because Blonde was too artsy for the academy? I would’ve love for a Kristen vs Ana showdown for Best Actress.

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

I would’ve love for a Kristen vs Ana showdown for Best Actress.

A true candle in the wind showdown.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

A true candle in the wind showdown.

Oh yeah Princess Di vs Marilyn Monroe

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I don’t understand why everyone is upset when we talk about previous Oscar races in this year’s Best Actress thread. It’s literally the place and time to bring up previous examples and evaluate the races. Sure, Lawrence hates are irritating, but other than that, I don’t understand the fake outrage again. — As of the yearly contest, I have the same five as before. I have to know about Berry and Kidman, also about McDormand’s and Blanchett’s category placements before I change my predictions. Hate to be judgy based on a teaser trailer, but Rooney Mara seems to be the most vanilla and more likely to be sacrificed here, so Blanchett and Collette can go for the double mentions in supporting.

I know you’re not referring to me specifically, but I just want to clear up why I asked for a change of topic a few pages ago. It’s really only because what initially started as a minor debate on whether Jennifer Lawrence or Jessica Chastain deserved the Oscar years ago turned into an argumentative almost-war that was creating pages upon pages of comments. Luckily the last thread closed so there was a stop put to it, but I noticed someone brought it up again and as someone who was personally just really exhausted of reading it and noticing it was getting repetitive, I just asked for a change of topic. I often do this on GD when I see things are getting out of hand or really off-topic. I’ve noticed some users who aren’t on the Best Actress forum that much complaining that the endless pages made in a short amount of time get tiresome and time-consuming to read, so I just asked for us to talk about something else. So far, I’d say the pages created today are pretty manageable to read.

I don’t mean to restrict people to talking about one thing, but sometimes a particular topic just gets a bit overwhelming and we could all just use a change of pace. I hope this makes sense, I know I rambled haha!

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I know you’re not referring to me specifically, but I just want to clear up why I asked for a change of topic a few pages ago. It’s really only because what initially started as a minor debate on whether Jennifer Lawrence or Jessica Chastain deserved the Oscar years ago turned into an argumentative almost-war that was creating pages upon pages of comments. Luckily the last thread closed so there was a stop put to it, but I noticed someone brought it up again and as someone who was personally just really exhausted of reading it and noticing it was getting repetitive, I just asked for a change of topic. I often do this on GD when I see things are getting out of hand or really off-topic. I’ve noticed some users who aren’t on the Best Actress forum that much complaining that the endless pages made in a short amount of time get tiresome and time-consuming to read, so I just asked for us to talk about something else. So far, I’d say the pages created today are pretty manageable to read. I don’t mean to restrict people to talking about one thing, but sometimes a particular topic just gets a bit overwhelming and we could all just use a change of pace. I hope this makes sense, I know I rambled haha!

I understand your point of view, and in a way I agree. I also feel, though, that we should separate trolls from actual debaters here. There were quite a few interesting takes on previous races in these threads that were fun to read. Forum moderation would solve everything, but then again, that’s not a thing. 🙂 All the best!

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Queen CC is coming and you will all collapse in the process.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Are people still talking about Blonde? Wasn’t Netflix “horrified” by the first cut or something? Isn’t there a scene with Marilyn getting eaten out while on her period? God knows why they would keep that in. Reminds me of how GoT did dumb scenes just for the shock value.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Just google “Bruised film review” they aren’t good, the reviews for it on Letterboxd aren’t good either. This was on an early cut of the film, but I can’t imagine it’s going to improve much.

So no official reviews….

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Was Blonde getting a theatrical release?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.