Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 527 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Yikes!

Is that you Grace Randolph? 🙂

Kidding.

This reminds me of this tweet by Chastain:

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This reminds me of this tweet by Chastain:

I absolutely love this response from Chastain to Randolph! I only found out about it a few days ago and it just immediately became iconic!

I really find Chastain’s story inspiring. Not only because she’s been abused online by Grace Randolph-likes on the internet (for really no valid reason, she’s a phenomenal actress who should already have an Oscar on her shelf for Zero Dark Thirty) and she really only wishes well on Randolph. But also she’s managed to overcome so many set-backs in life with her education and her anxiety to become the successful actress she is today.

She’s an inspiration and an incredibly talented actress!

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I have faith in Halle. I hope she can do it. I honestly hope the movie is good more than anything.

The character sounds so interesting and different.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Given that her and Bullock are the only ones who won and that people just REALLY wanted to give Streep her third Oscar (best year for female performances be damned lol), ima go out on a limb and say I’m…..not sure either would happen today. Streep’s win was a decade ago now :/ Bullock may not even have gotten nominated today because frankly, it wasn’t even that transformative, unless we think a wig is all it takes LOL. That win will never make sense to me.

Oops, Sandra Bullock also won. I haven’t even seen that movie! 😢

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Oops, Sandra Bullock also won. I haven’t even seen that movie! 😢

Good for you lol. Don’t bother hahaha

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Randolph with her usual hit or miss scoops, lol.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I’ll be honest, I get the sense that this could be a Joaquin Phoenix vs Adam Driver scenario where film twitter and GoldDerby and film fans prefer the much more reserved performance by a lesser known star but general audiences and the Academy prefer the showier performance by the bigger star but everyone just kinda accepts it and pretends they won for a different movie. Question is, is this Jessica Chastain’s Joker or The Wife?

Lesser known star? Adam Driver has the most annoying and toxic fan base, the second best that year was Banderas but hey, people has a problem with subtitles and critics were raving about Driver because they hate Joker, they were doing everything that was in their power to not let Joaquin Phoenix win that Oscar. Too bad for them they’re not Oscar voters, lol.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I absolutely love this response from Chastain to Randolph! I only found out about it a few days ago and it just immediately became iconic!

I really find Chastain’s story inspiring. Not only because she’s been abused online by Grace Randolph-likes on the internet (for really no valid reason, she’s a phenomenal actress who should already have an Oscar on her shelf for Zero Dark Thirty) and she really only wishes well on Randolph. But also she’s managed to overcome so many set-backs in life with her education and her anxiety to become the successful actress she is today.

She’s an inspiration and an incredibly talented actress!

One of the few things we disagree wildly on LOL. I mean, I’m no Grace Randolph but I really can’t stand Chastain. Loved her in Take Shelter and The Help, but every fibre of my being despises everything about ZDT on political principle, and also….she really annoys me. She’s married to an Italian count, so it’s not as if I feel sorry for her, like ever, but even barring that she’s sanctimonious in the way Aaron Sorkin is, in that I always find the critique to be toothless.

I am looking fwd to watching Tammy Faye (on my laptop LOL) because I watched this one interview of her recently and I was like aw she’s charming and sweet and snarky, what’s wrong with that. I’d just REALLY like to start LIKING her again imo.

Grace Randolph is hilarious and TOTALLY unhinged though. Like she needs help probably but if you don’t like Chastain like me, you’ll find it funny. Tbh most A-list actors are relentlessly dragged by somebody or some stan-dom or something so I don’t feel like she’s THAT exceptional in her haters. Regardless, none of this matters lol

FYC:
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

You have liked it successfully!

Melissa Leo was fantastic in that movie.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

One of the few things we disagree wildly on LOL. I mean, I’m no Grace Randolph but I really can’t stand Chastain. Loved her in Take Shelter and The Help, but every fibre of my being despises everything about ZDT on political principle, and also….she really annoys me. She’s married to an Italian count, so it’s not as if I feel sorry for me, like ever, but even barring that she’s sanctimonious in the way Aaron Sorkin is, in that I always find the critique to be toothless.

I am looking fwd to watching Tammy Faye (on my laptop LOL) because I watched this one interview of her recently and I was like aw she’s charming and sweet and snarky, what’s wrong with that. I’d just REALLY like to start LIKING her again imo.

Grace Randolph is hilarious and TOTALLY unhinged though. Like she needs help probably but if you don’t like Chastain like me, you’ll find it funny. Tbh most A-list actors are relentlessly dragged by somebody or some stan-dom or something so I don’t feel like she’s THAT exceptional in her haters. Regardless, none of this matters lol

Lol

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Lol

You’re welcome! I just painted a GIANT target on my back and you are now free to descend upon me as if I represent every hurdle Jessica Chastain has ever had in life.

I admit it’s mostly irrational and almost entirely due to her involvement in a film she just acted it, she didn’t make it, but eh, most hate is irrational. At least I can admit that 😛

FYC:

Profile picture
    We keep the news light!
    Topics:

Sooo, if Blanchett gets a nomination, she will move up the ranks among the legends:

21 noms Meryl Streep
    12 noms Katherine Hepburn
    11 noms Bette Davis
    08 Geraldine Page
    08 Glenn Close

With 8 noms and 2 wins, Blanchett will be number 4 on this list. That sounds really amazing!

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Film Twitter is raving over Jessica Chastain and Tammy Faye as if it was a masterpiece, actually.

Pardon me for not knowing, I deleted my twitter account a year ago

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye is generally getting weak reviews for the film but strong ones for Jessica Chastain – has anybody seen it and is it worth for her performance alone? Are any of the supporting performances any good? Trying to decide if this is worth spending money on this weekend…

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Sooo, if Blanchett gets a nomination, she will move up the ranks among the legends:

11 noms Bette Davis

Bette Davis has ten nominations (Dangerous, Jezebel, Dark Victory, The Letter, The Little Foxes, Now Voyager, Mr. Skeffington, All About Eve, The Star and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?). There was a write-in campaign for her work in Of Human Bondage but she was not nominated for her role in that movie. She won her Oscars for the first two of these ten movies. (She deserved imo six Oscars: Jezebel, The Letter, The Little Foxes, Now Voyager, All About Eve, and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.