Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 526 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Piper Halliwell
kallewickans_3
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

aka jordan rummy the critic who broke the news about blonde being delayed and the test screenings for meet the ricardo’s.

Are we right now in a position to call Kristen Stewart the Best Actress frontrunner? I am slightly inclined to think so. Despite my reservations for “Spencer,” there is no disputing the fact that Stewart gives it her all as Princess Diana in Pablo Larrain’s puzzling movie. It’s a script driven by her performance, through and through.

Facing hurdles throughout her career, mostly due to those silly “Twilight” movies, K-Stew has more than thoroughly earned herself the reputation of being a solid actress. She’s no doubt worked very hard for it, continuously choosing projects based on director rather than box-office prospects.

Some of her best performances include “Personal Shopper,” “Certain Woman,” “Adventureland” and “Clouds of Sils Maria.” All of these much stronger work than what she does in “Spencer.” However, the narrative has been written and Stewart may very well be the frontrunner this year.

As I was amassing a possible list of contenders for the Best Actress category, I realized just how scant the amount of noteworthy performances have been on the female front this year. There are 10 solid bets right now for this category, with not many surprises expected to sneak into this well-established list of female players. And, they are:

FRONTRUNNERS:

Kristen Stewart (Spencer)
    Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye)
    Jennifer Hudson (Respect)
    Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter)
    Emilia Jones (CODA)

CONTENDERS:

Penelope Cruz (Paralel Mothers)
    Reinate Reinsve (The Worst Person in the World)
    Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)
    Halle Berry (Bruised)

STILL HAVEN’T SEEN:

Lady Gaga (House of Gucci)
    Frances McDormand (The Tragedy of MacBeth)
    Cate Blanchett (Nightmare Alley)
    Nicole Kidman (Meet the Ricardos)
    Rachel Zegler (West Side Story)

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

One of the few things we disagree wildly on LOL. I mean, I’m no Grace Randolph but I really can’t stand Chastain. Loved her in Take Shelter and The Help, but every fibre of my being despises everything about ZDT on political principle, and also….she really annoys me. She’s married to an Italian count, so it’s not as if I feel sorry for her, like ever, but even barring that she’s sanctimonious in the way Aaron Sorkin is, in that I always find the critique to be toothless. I am looking fwd to watching Tammy Faye (on my laptop LOL) because I watched this one interview of her recently and I was like aw she’s charming and sweet and snarky, what’s wrong with that. I’d just REALLY like to start LIKING her again imo. Grace Randolph is hilarious and TOTALLY unhinged though. Like she needs help probably but if you don’t like Chastain like me, you’ll find it funny. Tbh most A-list actors are relentlessly dragged by somebody or some stan-dom or something so I don’t feel like she’s THAT exceptional in her haters. Regardless, none of this matters lol

I abhor people who still style themselves as Italian noblemen (like Chastain’s husband), because the monarchy in Italy was abolished in 1946 (for failing to stop the rise of fascism and for signing antisemitic laws, no less).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

After seeing Eyes of Tammy Bakker , I don’t see how she will miss nomination. She has one of the slots. I’m not saying that she will win but a nomination should be a sure thing.

if supporting actor is weak , I see Andrew Garfield going along too with one.

the other stand out is Cherry Jones, if this was in the olden days. She would get nominated too. I mean some people get nominated for less.

but as of now I say Chastain is a sure nomination

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Chastain loves DOR…disappointed she’d publicly say this considering how outspoken she’s been about Me Too as well as other causes: https://www.justjared.com/2021/09/17/jessica-chastain-reveals-the-role-she-turned-down-which-went-to-jennifer-lawrence/

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye is a Jessica Chastain showcase. She sings, cries, spirals, oozes in charisma in the telecasts, and shows intimacy. I don’t see how she misses now if voters watch the film and they will thanks to Searchlight. I don’t think Blanchett is getting campaigned in lead, but if she is I can see Chastain beating her out of a nomination since Chastain’s role is too undeniable.

I was a bit worried critics were excessively praising her performance due to the prosthetic transformation, but there is a portion of the film where she is not laced in prosthetics and she still gives a powerhouse performance thanks to Chastain nailing the Minnesotan accent and showing so much charisma with her sporadic chuckles and eye fluttering (pre-transformation). The ending of the film is a reminisce of Judy’s tragic but visceral finale performance. And we all know how that ending did wonders for Zellweger’s Oscar chances. Chastain is one of the frontrunner, but is hurt by the film’s quality being so mediocre and possibly being too campy that it defers voters off. Chastain as Tammy Faye is a marvel at the end of the day though.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Chastain loves DOR…disappointed she’d publicly say this considering how outspoken she’s been about Me Too as well as other causes: https://www.justjared.com/2021/09/17/jessica-chastain-reveals-the-role-she-turned-down-which-went-to-jennifer-lawrence/

Did DOR do something? I’m only asking because I’ve never heard anything.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He assaulted his niece and has been notoriously abusive towards some of his female actors. Most notably Amy Adams on the set of American Hustle.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Apparently he’s a terrible human being, there is a video on YouTube insulting and screaming to an actress.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley and The Tragedy of Macbeth are stories focused on its main male characters, that’s why I didn’t consider them options. Are there female-led films that can surprise in best picture? Titane? Passing? Bruised? I hope so.

If The Tragedy of Macbeth, Bruised, Passing and/or Swan Song don’t become a thing then King Richard might be the only movie starring black people to be among the 10 best picture nominees (we know they will ignore movies like Nine Days…). Best director looks even worse.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

He assaulted his niece and has been notoriously abusive towards some of his female actors. Most notably Amy Adams on the set of American Hustle.

Slight amendment, he is abusive not just to his female actors but to everyone on set including male actors and his crew. Let’s not forget that he assaulted Clooney…

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

He assaulted his niece and has been notoriously abusive towards some of his female actors. Most notably Amy Adams on the set of American Hustle.

He clashed with George Clooney too

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

i believe so but apparently it was too brutal and artsy for the academy so they moved it indefinitely or to next season not sure

They ask Dominic to edit it which he did it will probably be for next award season. Too much delay already it was filmed in 2019.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The Eyes Of Tammy Faye has 7.3 on IMDB and 82% google users liked it.
    (I know these are early days but still…)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.