Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

That’s not my point at all. I would say that to truly determine the front runner it would be wise to wait until the industry respond to the films. That’s why I don’t like using the term front runner until December at the minimum. Does that make sense?

I agree. I remember the year that Michelle Pfeiffer and Melissa Leo were in the top two slots in September and neither got nominated. Was that the same year that Allison Janney and Laurie Metcalf turned out to be the actual frontrunners but neither showed up in the top five until December? There are examples too in the Best Actress race but that particular supporting actress race comes to my mind the quickest…

I find every year that two or three of the performers in the top five on goldderby drop out by January and don’t get nominated for Oscars most years.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Pfeiffer was at the top of predictions until mother! was seen and then she swiftly dropped off due to her role and the nature of the film. Stewart is in a very different situation. There is plenty of time for someone to mount a challenge, but unless the response to Spencer changes considerably in the next few months I’d say she’s pretty safe in the top 5.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

My point is she’s releasing info about herself when it’s beneficial to share it, even going so far as to word it with nice juicy buzzwords to make it sound prettier.

Her mother was famous, it was never a secret. And “nice juicy buzzwords?” Why do you have to be so dismissive of a person’s actual real life experience, of which you are obviously so oblivious that you assume everyone else comes in with the same lack of background knowledge as you do (which they don’t)?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Neon Girl: KStew. There isn’t another. She is their priority.

Sony Girl: Cruz. Volpi winner. Priority. There isn’t another as far as I can tell.

Searchlight Girls: Chastain and Blanchett (if she goes lead which is likely). Nightmare Alley is expected to be a stronger player than Tammy Faye but Chastain plays a historical figure in transformative prospthetics and is a clear lead, not a co-lead.

Lion Girls: JHud and Gaga. House of Gucci is expected to be a stronger player than  Respect but JHud plays an icon.

Netflix Girls: Colman (her movie won Best Script at Venice so there’s awards traction), JLaw (her movie is expected to be a big player based on names and theme), Thompson (her movie wow’d Sundance and is thematically relevant), Berry (transfromative role where she learned a new skill)

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

She’s releasing info about herself because it’s relevant to the film she made. It’s not rocket science. Besides, this isn’t even particularly new information. Her mother was already famous in the classical music / opera world before Rebecca even acted one second onscreen, and the former is visibly mixed race.

Well the first part proved my point, the second part means nothing to me cuz like i said without stalking her I wouldnt have known that without stalking her.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Passing is going to get a lot of backlash when more people watch it, especially because of Rebecca Hall being white.

Why should we complain over everything? I don’t care if a white man directs a story like Passing. I just want it to be well done. I think we need to start focusing on the quality of films and not mind ethnicity or racial difference

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Her mother was famous, it was never a secret. And “nice juicy buzzwords?” Why do you have to be so dismissive of a person’s actual real life experience, of which you are obviously so oblivious that you assume everyone else comes in with the same lack of background knowledge as you do (which they don’t)?

Im not but I am dismissive of yours since you make the same assumption you accuse me of  in the above post. Go take your fake psychology degree elsewhere karen.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Anyway onto other contenders, I do wonder if chastain can win, I’ve always been a huge fan of hers and tammy fae is such a juicy role

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

Anyway onto other contenders, I do wonder if chastain can win, I’ve always been a huge fan of hers and tammy fae is such a juicy role

</p>
    She could win but the movie being in a weak position and coming out early doesn’t help. If Spencer and Stewart just tank in televised awards that could potentially help Chastain. It’s between these two at this momement.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”> </p> She could win but the movie being in a weak position and coming out early doesn’t help. If Spencer and Stewart just tank in televised awards that could potentially help Chastain. It’s between these two at this momement.

Yea I hope it’s not an early peak awards season flameout type of situation but it’s not looking great for her at the moment

Profile picture
    Cabelo da Shiv
    Topics:

Going back to the topic of Film Twitter not having actual impact on the season, that’s why I’ve said the other day that Kristen might not be one and only frontrunner like some of us are predicting. Industry people at Telluride didn’t like/understand Spencer and the goodwill towards the film is coming mostly from critics/film twitter people

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Im not but I am dismissive of yours since you make the same assumption you accuse me of in the above post. Go take your fake psychology degree elsewhere karen.

I mean, you’re still talking about how no one knows about Rebecca Hall’s quite famous mother without “stalking” her but go off.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am thinking this year Best Actress will be like 2019 when Olivia Colman won instead of Glenn Close or last year when Frances McDormand was in 3rd place heading into Oscar night and won instead of Viola Davis and Carey Mulligan. I don’t think this will be like 2018 when Frances McDormand won or 2020 when Renee Zellweger won and were frontrunners pretty much the entire Oscar season. I think we have a long way to go and I say this as a fan of Kristen Stewart’s – I honestly don’t think she will be the winner. Time will tell, of course!

Profile picture
    patchcabbage
    Topics:

Going back to the topic of Film Twitter not having actual impact on the season, that’s why I’ve said the other day that Kristen might not be one and only frontrunner like some of us are predicting. Industry people at Telluride didn’t like/understand Spencer and the goodwill towards the film is coming mostly from critics/film twitter people

Y’all are doing way too much with this like Barry Jenkins himself didn’t make an entire Twitter thread praising Spencer after he saw it at Telluride 😭

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.