Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 515 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Who cares about what Barry Jenkins has to say?

He’s a member of the directors branch. It takes fewer people to passionately support a director to get them in than it does an actor.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Y’all are doing way too much with this like Barry Jenkins himself didn’t make an entire Twitter thread praising Spencer after he saw it at Telluride 😭

I swear it’s fun seeing them squirm and come up with all kinds of excuses and theories😭😭😂 which is okay to me, just wish some are honest with their disdain for Kristen Stewart.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

My point is she’s releasing info about herself when it’s beneficial to share it, even going so far as to word it with nice juicy buzzwords to make it sound prettier.

wtf man?? no one is obligated to share info about themselves or their heritage. and it is normal for people to share some things in the name of campaigning and get the audience to understand why you made that film, it is not that deep. if you are that bothered about a mixed person making a film like this just don’t stream it, she won’t cry because you passed

Profile picture
    Topics:

Who cares about what Barry Jenkins has to say?

3.3k people who’ve seen his tweet and people who will be at the events he will be attending. he is an Oscar winner prestige director and writer

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

3.3k people who’ve seen his tweet and people who will be at the events he will be attending. he is an Oscar winner prestige director and writer

Academy members will see the movie and decide for themselves and it won’t matter one bit what Barry Jenkins has had to say about it.

I just have a feeling that this is a September lead that will evaporate by Oscar night. I think this year in particular we won’t know until January and it may not be any of the top 3 right now.

Kristen Stewart fans need to relax; we have a long way to go and people speculating on reasons why she might not win should not be a reason to get upset with anyone. (btw, I am a Kirsten Stewart fan and I don’t really have a favorite yet in this category, other than I loved Jennifer Hudson’s performance as Aretha Franklin in Respect – but I need to see the other potential nominees first, that’s all.)

One of the things I am waiting for is to see where Cate Blanchett and Catriona Balfe land (and possibly even Ruth Negga since the academy sometimes goes against the wishes of the studio in their category placements) – in Best Actress or Best Supporting Actress?

Profile picture
    Topics:

Academy members will see the movie and decide for themselves and it won’t matter one bit what Barry Jenkins has had to say about it.

you have no idea how campaigning works do you? or how the word gets around about a film being good, an actor being good in something and people watch the shit because of that and therefore win/ get nominated??
    what people tell each other or recommend to each other is important, even more important if it’s coming from people like barry jenkins

Profile picture
    Morry Boland
    Topics:

So tomorrow we find out if Frances McDormand is heading for another Oscar nom.

Apparently she is in a Lead role after months of debate.

That makes sense based on the plot. Denzel and Frances both play older versions of the characters. And the movie is heavily based on their relationship.

I can’t wait to see The Tragedy of Macbeth tomorrow.

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Spencer trailer:

Profile picture
    rollins
    Topics:

Looking good. I notice with the snippets they give us she does not talk often, is she like that in the film?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Spencer trailer: https://youtu.be/WllZh9aekDg

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Beautiful trailer! Stewart looks outstanding! The accent is spot on, but it’s her wonderful, emotionally expressive face that captured my attention. Go Kristen!

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

That last line “Will they kill me, d’you think?” whoa…they really went for blood.

Profile picture
    Topics:

wow stewart looks and sounds A-MAZING, except that horrendous wig

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Amazing trailer! Some of those shots gave me chills.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

This gave me goosebumps. Chastain doesn’t stand a chance for me!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.