Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 515 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

So funny to see Kristen fans goal going from, a sure bet that she would win the Volpi and the Oscar to “Academy Award nominee“…

Even they know that trailer was super underwhelming!

I’m not a Kristen stan and was pretty certain she wouldn’t beat Cruz for the Volpi, but I still think she’s the frontrunner for the Oscar.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know about stans but anybody rational knows there’s no lock for wins in September.

Thank you.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Netflix drops the stacked schedule for Saturday’s #TUDUM event 🥁

(via @netflix)

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Ok, Kristen Stewart is not a great actress like Cate Blanchett type, but, an actor that is not so good can give the performance of his life and even win an Oscar, there are many examples, Cuba Godding Jr, Roberto Begnini, Eddie Redmayne etc.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Ok, Kristen Stewart is not a great actress like Cate Blanchett type, but, an actor that is not so good can give the performance of his life and even win an Oscar, there are many examples, Cuba Godding Jr, Roberto Begnini, Eddie Redmayne etc.

Kristen Stewart hasn’t be given half those baity opportunities as Blanchett, she’s also much young and has so much time to prove herself. It’s not a fair comparison.

Also, if it wasn’t for Twilight, I’m sure she’d be seen as Lawrence, Stone or Ronan. A very talented young performer with so much to offer. If I think about all the genres she did, all the prominent directors she worked with, her indie work in Clouds of Sils Maria & Personal Shopper, and her other notable stuff such as Panic Room, Into the Wild, The Cake Eaters, Happiest Season or Adventureland etc. She has quite a few very worthy roles and performances in her career. It’s just people concentrate on that one singular franchise that made them hate her.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Kristen Stewart hasn’t be given half those baity opportunities as Blanchett, she’s also much young and has so much time to prove herself. It’s not a fair comparison. Also, if it wasn’t for Twilight, I’m sure she’d be seen as Lawrence, Stone or Ronan. A very talented young performer with so much to offer. If I think about all the genres she did, all the prominent directors she worked with, her indie work in Clouds of Sils Maria & Personal Shopper, and her other notable stuff such as Panic Room, Into the Wild, The Cake Eaters, Happiest Season or Adventureland etc. She has quite a few very worthy roles and performances in her career. It’s just people concentrate on that one singular franchise that made them hate her.

I never watched Twilight, I tried to watch it but she doesn’t have any charisma, and that pull me off. Pattinson on the other hand, I watched him in a movie nobody saw and the guy really can act, I never cared he was in that stupid franchise.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Thank you, Chitanda, for reminding me that Eddie freaking Redmayne has an Oscar, and worse: He won against Michael Keaton, giving a more complex and nuanced performance.  Sean Penn x Mickey Rourke all over again. Malek x Bradley Cooper. Industry favorite in a crowdpleasing biopic x Film Twitter/Critics darling.

The thing that keeps Jessica Chastain from winning IMO is the fact that the movie sucks and might not be a Best Picture contender like The Theory of Everything (TIFF winner) and Milk (which had the social relevant card). Bohemian Rhapsody was an exception, because of box office (which Tammy Faye doesn’t has) and because Freddie Mercury is probably the most popular rockstar of all time.

Kristen Stewart
    Pros: Acclaim. Princess Diana. Sympathetic character.
    Cons: The movie is artsy, and not a traditional biopic.

Jessica Chastain
    Pros: Crowdpleasing biopic. Transformation, etc
    Cons: The movie sucks and Tammy Faye might not be a very awards friendly character.

Olivia Colman
    Pros: Everybody loves her. Career best reviews
    Cons: Not a friendly role, considering the whole “I didn’t want to be a mother” (which is just an oversimplyfication by my part) stuff that could turn off more conservative voters. Her oscar winning role wasn’t friendly either, and she still won, so she couldn’t be underestimated.

Nicole Kidman
    Pros: Ticks all the boxes. Industry icon
    Cons: The movie doesn’t exist and it was probably made to rescue some hostages.

Outside from these four, I really don’t see anyone else looking like a winner.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

I really want Jessica to win but it seems like Kristen has this on lock.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Thank you, Chitanda, for reminding me that Eddie freaking Redmayne has an Oscar, and worse: He won against Michael Keaton, giving a more complex and nuanced performance. Sean Penn x Mickey Rourke all over again. Malek x Bradley Cooper. Industry favorite in a crowdpleasing biopic x Film Twitter/Critics darling. The thing that keeps Jessica Chastain from winning IMO is the fact that the movie sucks and might not be a Best Picture contender like The Theory of Everything (TIFF winner) and Milk (which had the social relevant card). Bohemian Rhapsody was an exception, because of box office (which Tammy Faye doesn’t has) and because Freddie Mercury is probably the most popular rockstar of all time. Kristen Stewart Pros: Acclaim. Princess Diana. Sympathetic character. Cons: The movie is artsy, and not a traditional biopic. Jessica Chastain Pros: Crowdpleasing biopic. Transformation, etc Cons: The movie sucks and Tammy Faye might not be a very awards friendly character. Olivia Colman Pros: Everybody loves her. Career best reviews Cons: Not a friendly role, considering the whole “I didn’t want to be a mother” (which is just an oversimplyfication by my part) stuff that could turn off more conservative voters. Her oscar winning role wasn’t friendly either, and she still won, so she couldn’t be underestimated. Nicole Kidman Pros: Ticks all the boxes. Industry icon Cons: The movie doesn’t exist and it was probably made to rescue some hostages. Outside from these four, I really don’t see anyone else looking like a winner.

Poor Michael Keaton, he even wrote his speech, Eddie Redmayne is not better actor than him but of course the Oscar bait biopic will always have more advantage.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Eddie Redmayne is probably the most forgettable Oscar winner of the last years.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Poor Michael Keaton, he even wrote his speech, Eddie Redmayne is not better actor than him but of course the Oscar bait biopic will always have more advantage.

This is the thing about opinions: someone else will have the opposite one! I was thrilled by Eddie Redmayne’s win and consider him by far the better of the two and gave a much more nuanced performance. On the few close races – Keaton vs Redmayne, Affleck vs Washington, Hopkins vs Boseman – the academy has agreed with me all 3 times!

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Every time I see this I die a little

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

This is the thing about opinions: someone else will have the opposite one! I was thrilled by Eddie Redmayne’s win and consider him by far the better of the two and gave a much more nuanced performance. On the few close races – Keaton vs Redmayne, Affleck vs Washington, Hopkins vs Boseman – the academy has agreed with me all 3 times!

You’re the one that thinks Rami Malek deserved the Oscar, lol, I think we have opposite opinions about that.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

So funny to see Kristen fans goal going from, a sure bet that she would win the Volpi and the Oscar to “Academy Award nominee“… Even they know that trailer was super underwhelming!

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.