Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 515 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I didn’t chose acting as a profession, she did, and with all due respect its Kristen Stewart with an accent. Still see the same lifeless expressions and blank stares. She’s just not for me as an actor, and we’ll leave it at that.

Did we watch the same trailer literally changed her emotions on her face multiple times and the accent is perfect and your right Kristen did choose acting as her profession seems like it’s was the right choice since she’s a front runner for an Oscar.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Oh no, not Frances McDormand, Lady Macbeth HERSELF, saying that the part is a “SMALL SUPPORTING ROLE” (courtesy of Deadline)

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

You’re the one that thinks Rami Malek deserved the Oscar, lol, I think we have opposite opinions about that.

Considering Rami Malek won almost every single televised award that year I would say lots of people shared my opinion! Rami was one of the most deserving Oscar winners ever. And also: my taste is closer to that of a majority of Oscar voters. Fortunately you can dislike Malek’s performance but you can’t take away his Oscar or any of his other awards for his performance! (and for me that is true of Oscar winners I didn’t like, such as Laura Dern in Marriage Story, where I felt she didn’t do anything at all that was Oscar worthy – but she won and that’s all there is to it).

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Lol I love Malek as an actor, but his win was monstrous. He should have swept his way to a razzie, not an Oscar.

Profile picture
    Morry Boland
    Topics:

Oh no, not Frances McDormand, Lady Macbeth HERSELF, saying that the part is a “SMALL SUPPORTING ROLE” (courtesy of Deadline)

I disagree, read below what she says..I think she’s referring to Lady Macbeth as in general a supporting role, but she waited for this production. I’m assuming because it’s a more meaty… and lead worthy role.maybe I’m wrong

“I’m really glad I didn’t do it until then. You know what? It’s a small supporting role, Lady Macbeth, and I didn’t want to be in a bad production of it. So I waited until I could work with Dan Sullivan and Conleth Hill, who played Macbeth in Berkeley, at a theater that I really respect, and then with Joel and Denzel. I’m so glad I didn’t do it when I was younger, I’m really glad I waited because it also led us to this interpretation that I think is really fascinating”

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I think the Spencer trailer was fine. I wasn’t blown away by anything in it though. I thought Jackie was pretty bland so maybe my reaction should be expected.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Considering Rami Malek won almost every single televised award that year I would say lots of people shared my opinion! Rami was one of the most deserving Oscar winners ever. And also: my taste is closer to that of a majority of Oscar voters. Fortunately you can dislike Malek’s performance but you can’t take away his Oscar or any of his other awards for his performance! (and for me that is true of Oscar winners I didn’t like, such as Laura Dern in Marriage Story, where I felt she didn’t do anything at all that was Oscar worthy – but she won and that’s all there is to it).

First, he didn’t win every single televised award and second you should take that advice on you, you always criticize performances you didn’t like and you always say that your favorite should’ve won but guess what? No one is gonna take away the Oscar from Laura Dern and the other actors you didn’t like.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Thank you, Chitanda, for reminding me that Eddie freaking Redmayne has an Oscar, and worse: He won against Michael Keaton, giving a more complex and nuanced performance. Sean Penn x Mickey Rourke all over again. Malek x Bradley Cooper. Industry favorite in a crowdpleasing biopic x Film Twitter/Critics darling. The thing that keeps Jessica Chastain from winning IMO is the fact that the movie sucks and might not be a Best Picture contender like The Theory of Everything (TIFF winner) and Milk (which had the social relevant card). Bohemian Rhapsody was an exception, because of box office (which Tammy Faye doesn’t has) and because Freddie Mercury is probably the most popular rockstar of all time. Kristen Stewart Pros: Acclaim. Princess Diana. Sympathetic character. Cons: The movie is artsy, and not a traditional biopic. Jessica Chastain Pros: Crowdpleasing biopic. Transformation, etc Cons: The movie sucks and Tammy Faye might not be a very awards friendly character. Olivia Colman Pros: Everybody loves her. Career best reviews Cons: Not a friendly role, considering the whole “I didn’t want to be a mother” (which is just an oversimplyfication by my part) stuff that could turn off more conservative voters. Her oscar winning role wasn’t friendly either, and she still won, so she couldn’t be underestimated. Nicole Kidman Pros: Ticks all the boxes. Industry icon Cons: The movie doesn’t exist and it was probably made to rescue some hostages. Outside from these four, I really don’t see anyone else looking like a winner.

I wonder where is the buzz around meeting with the ricardos .

I can see Frances or Halle has the meatier grittier role though! Raw and brutal like raging bull.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Rami Malek was the worst Oscar winning performance ever after Sandra Bullock in the blind side.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Every time I see this I die a little

He should have seen it coming after Redmayne won SAG & BAFTA

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

New York Times Film Critics Praise Joel Coen’s ‘The Tragedy of Macbeth’

Blood and betrayal, toil and trouble — filmmakers from Akira Kurosawa to Roman Polanski have taken on “Macbeth.” In his stripped-down version, Joel Coen pitches his expressionistic tent between cinema and theater, taking a lead from Orson Welles, whose 1948 adaptation was one of his last Hollywood films. Is this an ill omen from Coen? (This is the first movie he’s directed without his brother, Ethan.) Whatever the answer, the play is still the thing and so is a volcanic Denzel Washington, who ferociously embodies, as Welles put it, “the decay of a tyrant.” — MANOHLA DARGIS

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2021/9/kfm6ub9hc1t9711w33vtfi33vk8gal

McDormand might be Kristen toughest competitor not Chastien or Kidman

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

I giggle when I remember that a few weeks ago users on #here would say if Kristen didn’t win the Volpi cup she would be absolutely outta the race!!  Yet she’s been the front runner ever since!!

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

I hope Kidman pulls off Lucille Ball, I loooovvee when actors prove all their naysayers wrong especially since she so received so much flack when she was casted.  I’m rooting for her so damn much!

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.