Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 515 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Things are starting to heat up. Come on Halle!!!

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Oh no, not Frances McDormand, Lady Macbeth HERSELF, saying that the part is a “SMALL SUPPORTING ROLE” (courtesy of Deadline)

This is out of context. She was referring to it as a small supporting role in the original play as when she played it on stage when she was younger. The Deadline article goes pretty deep into how Denzel and Frances being older changed this adaptation. In fact, Joel Coen basically says he changed the Macbeth soliloquys to be delivered TO Lady Macbeth (the original dialogue is mostly Macbeth talking to himself out loud alone)

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

New York Times Film Critics Praise Joel Coen’s ‘The Tragedy of Macbeth’

Really REALLY not trying to be a hater but AO Scott’s little thing is much less enthusiastic than Manohla Dargis’. We should wait for tomorrow for more reactions.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I hope Kidman pulls off Lucille Ball, I loooovvee when actors prove all their naysayers wrong especially since she so received so much flack when she was casted. I’m rooting for her so damn much!

me too. I feel like Kidman, although is obviously awarded and works a lot, still feels like an underdog sometimes.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

me too. I feel like Kidman, although is obviously awarded and works a lot, still feels like an underdog sometimes.

If Kidman pulls off Lucille Ball watch out for her, the industry love her and she is playing an iconic figure. The film being oscar friendly too will only help her as well.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Coen and McDormand claim they never witnessed Rudin’s misconduct but that doesn’t appear to be the case: A claim that Coen and McDormand witnessed Scott Rudin’s alleged abuse surfaced in a June 2021 exposé in The Hollywood Reporter. A former assistant of Scott Rudin’s, Eric Emauni, told the outlet: “There have been times when he’s laid into someone while a celebrity was in the room… He invited Frances McDormand and Joel Coen into the office for a meeting.”

In the middle of the visit, Emauni said, Rudin left his office and went to the assistant bullpen and “laid into [a female] assistant while they were there. They sat there, [then] they continued their meeting. Right after that, she quit.” Source: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/frances-mcdormand-joel-coen-scott-rudin-abuse-allegations-1234667103/

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I, for one, think that there was nothing Oscar-worthy about Michael Keaton’s average performance in Birdman. So other than people hating on bio performances as usual, I don’t see much robbery in the situation. I thought Redmayne was brilliant in The Theory of Everything, even if his career went kind of down from that point. As of Keaton – it’s clear that the industry doesn’t care – they went with hammy Ruffalo for Spotlight over him, and ignored him ever since. Not that I care – he pretty much embodies the most average type of performer in the industry, I don’t think he’s due of anything.

Also, if I hear “Sandra Bullock” and “worst win of all time” in the same sentence again… Just stop. You may prefer someone else in that particular category, but Bullock has paid her dues to be an Oscar-winner, and her performance wasn’t bad to deserve the “worst win of all time” title. Anyone who made effort to check out Leigh Anne Tuohy’s interviews, etc, know that Bullock did a pretty great job on her. I understand that Mulligan, Sidibe and Streep were more deserving for some, but Bullock was still perfectly good in that film.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

stewart a frontrunner? stewart???? Frances McDormand please do your thing one more time 🙂

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

Also, if I hear “Sandra Bullock” and “worst win of all time” in the same sentence again… Just stop. You may prefer someone else in that particular category, but Bullock has paid her dues to be an Oscar-winner, and her performance wasn’t bad to deserve the “worst win of all time” title. Anyone who made effort to check out Leigh Anne Tuohy’s interviews, etc, know that Bullock did a pretty great job on her. I understand that Mulligan, Sidibe and Streep were more deserving for some, but Bullock was still perfectly good in that film.

Sandra Bullock, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts and Reese Whiterspoon are the most embarrassing winnings of the recent years and that’s a fact dear.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Bullock does deserve to be an Oscar winner and she still has the worst Best Actress win of all-time, those two things can be true at the same time

There is nothing Oscar worthy or even remotely interesting about the role of Leigh Anne Tuohy (over than the fact that she sheltered a black man ?). And there’s not a single scene in that Blind Side movie that warranted Oscar recognition, it’s arguably the most average, painfully mediocre Oscar nominated movie of the century and perhaps the worst ATL Oscar winner ever. Even Gwyneth Paltrow could hide her lightweight performance behind some great gowns, beautiful gowns but Bullock is the single biggest case of “do nothing”. And that damn blonde wig.. chile

I thoroughly love Sandra and the idea of her being an Oscar winner. She has that type of charisma that can make any bad movie enjoyable. She has many classics in her filmography and she’s just a great person. But I could name at least 5 (mostly comedic) performances of hers more worthy of award consideration than the one that actually won

Also her winning for Gravity (but not over Blanchett) would have been pretty amazing

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I, for one, think that there was nothing Oscar-worthy about Michael Keaton’s average performance in Birdman. So other than people hating on bio performances as usual, I don’t see much robbery in the situation. I thought Redmayne was brilliant in The Theory of Everything, even if his career went kind of down from that point. As of Keaton – it’s clear that the industry doesn’t care – they went with hammy Ruffalo for Spotlight over him, and ignored him ever since. Not that I care – he pretty much embodies the most average type of performer in the industry, I don’t think he’s due of anything.

I respect your opinion, but disagree with everything you said. I’m no fan of Birdman, but Keaton was fantastic. Just because it wasn’t a transformative performance and it didn’t have many “Oscar moments” doesn’t mean it wasn’t that good.

Eddie Redmayne was great, but there wasn’t anything unique about his performance. Any other actor could’ve played the same part and nothing would’ve changed. Felicity Jones was actually better than him in that movie. She had a more complex and nuanced performance.

Redmayne is not among the worst Best Actor winners and the transformative part was certainly impressive, but he was a very forgettable winner, given how cliched and baity he was and how unimpressive his career has been. Giving him an Oscar just didn’t felt right to me.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Of course you hoes would go nuts for Stewart. Predictable.

Always supporting actresses who really brought it and are about to give us something really special. Just that trailer.

I’m so sick of you supporting talent.

Just go for some of the Riverdale cast once in a while.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Considering Rami Malek won almost every single televised award that year I would say lots of people shared my opinion! Rami was one of the most deserving Oscar winners ever. And also: my taste is closer to that of a majority of Oscar voters. Fortunately you can dislike Malek’s performance but you can’t take away his Oscar or any of his other awards for his performance! (and for me that is true of Oscar winners I didn’t like, such as Laura Dern in Marriage Story, where I felt she didn’t do anything at all that was Oscar worthy – but she won and that’s all there is to it).

your taste being closer to ampas doesn’t mean that your taste is good, frankly it is closer to being suck than good. sorry to break it to you

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/TheAcademy/status/1441150418436849670

The cheapness. I love

Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

Six months out and we’re on Part 16? Good gravy.

Here for Olivia’s 2nd Oscar. You know you want to, Academy…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.