Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 515 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

After seeing the trailer for Passing, I put Negga in supporting. But – I don’t know if this is just me – Thompson’s dialogue and way of speaking just sounded… off? Forced? Self-aware? I don’t know. I am looking forward to seeing the film though.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

This is objectively untrue – Denzel Washington in Malcolm X – Natalie Portman in Jackie – Angela Bassett in WLGTDWI – Marion Cotillard in La Vie En Rose – Daniel Day Lewis in Lincoln – Helen Mirren in The Queen – Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth – Robert De Niro in Raging Bull these are only a few examples of real life portrayals that get universal praise and rank amongst all-time best Oscar performances. Hell people even praised Andra Day despite the mediocrity of her movie. People don’t hate on biopic performances just because. They simply think that some of these are just.. bad

Olivia Colman as Queen Anne :))))

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

How are y’all forgetting the BEST performance??

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

If Kidman pulls off Lucille Ball watch out for her, the industry love her and she is playing an iconic figure. The film being oscar friendly too will only help her as well.

Apparently they had another test screening last night….word is Nicole is excellent.

I need a trailer.

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

Apparently they had another test screening last night….word is Nicole is excellent. I need a trailer.

the race is over y’all!! Nicole is coming for blood!!

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

While Berry is a longtime fan of the UFC, watching and doing are two totally different things, which is why Shevchenko poured hour after hour into their training sessions ahead of filming.

“If you are speaking about training, she went not only like just a few months for this movie. She went all of this training for a couple of years,” Shevchenko explained when speaking to MMA Fighting. “She was training like three or four years. She was training muay Thai. She was training jiu-jitsu. She did a lot of preparation before the movie started.

Halle’s always been physically active and is an “action” star in her own right. Not surprised by this at all. Lol. Here’s to hoping the Academy voters appreciate all of the work she put into the role.

I mean we’ve never seen her as a lesbian, we’ve never seen a film about a female MMA fighter either so I hope it does…… Shedding that pretty girl persona and getting really down and dirty.

Halle Raging Bull is coming

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Saw the trailer of Spencer

I don’t know if it is the trailer or the performance but Kristen’s Diana is absolutely endearing and so calming! I can see why people are so floored by her, especially if what we saw is just 2% of brilliance she will showcase.

The film on other hand is such a ludicrous dramatization of the events. Even if it is rooted in reality, there is such an element of make-belief. Doesn’t help that The Crown is dominant in popular culture and seems to be a much more authentic representation (at-least in how the actors look in resemblance to people they are playing)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

As I was amassing a possible list of contenders for the Best Actress category, I realized just how scant the amount of noteworthy performances have been on the female front this year. There are 10 solid bets right now for this category, with not many surprises expected to sneak into this well-established list of female players. And, they are:

FRONTRUNNERS:

Kristen Stewart (Spencer)
    Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye)
    Jennifer Hudson (Respect)
    Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter)
    Emilia Jones (CODA)

CONTENDERS:

Penelope Cruz (Paralel Mothers)
    Reinate Reinsve (The Worst Person in the World)
    Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)
    Halle Berry (Bruised)

STILL HAVEN’T SEEN:

Lady Gaga (House of Gucci)
    Frances McDormand (The Tragedy of MacBeth)
    Cate Blanchett (Nightmare Alley)
    Nicole Kidman (Meet the Ricardos)
    Rachel Zegler (West Side Story)

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2021/9/8ikddn9xpnrgutqpikebmulykjzxya

Kristen coming for her Oscars

This is the only review I’ve seen of Macbeth so far, but if the views here are the consensus, then Frances is coming….again. https://twitter.com/NextBestPicture/status/1441431864942551043

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh, they’re raves. They’re quickly pouring in. Matt Neglia said both lead and supporting would make sense for Frances.

As someone who actively dislikes Shakespeare, I am just hoping this movie does something special with the material — and it seems like it does.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

She’s coming

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m so curious to which category Frances will be placed in because let’s be honest which ever category she is in, she’s claiming a spot. Raves, Shakespeare meaty material, 4 Oscars afterglow nomination—Frances is coming.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Frances is coming yup

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’m so curious to which category Frances will be placed in because let’s be honest which ever category she is in, she’s claiming a spot. Raves, Shakespeare meaty material, 4 Oscars afterglow nomination—Frances is coming.

Erik said she’s Leading

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Streets saying SHE slayed again

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.