Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Normally stoic mcdormand: https://twitter.com/NextBestPicture/status/1441434302357680130

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Yeah makes zero sense to go after Meryl and Frances…on the other hand, Kristen Stewart was the one responsible for breaking a marriage when she got caught and exposed for f*cking her married director.

Excuse me? This is just blatant character assassination. Just stop it.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

What the fuck is wrong with you? FYI, Kristen did not end any marriage. She is not the one who took marriage vows with someone. A young actress found in a relationship with a married director, aka her boss, decades older than her, and some people still find a way to express their hatred of women through comments like this.

Block that trash, baby. None of us deserve to read that fan fiction from someone who makes Kord look like a functional thinker.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Frances McDormand is Golderby’s worst nightmare. She’s winning again.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

I don’t mind Frances winning again cause I know it will be deserving

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Everyone’s winning the day reviews are out. 💀

Profile picture
    Topics:

Kidman looks likely from what I’m reading online after a screening yesterday.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Everyone’s winning the day reviews are out. 💀

This is so true lmao

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Has it been “confirmed” Frances is going lead?

Frances has said she’s supporting, reports out of NYFF are saying she could go either way and Erik Anderson of Awards Watch has heard from three sources she’s being campaigned lead so in all: 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

They unironically cited The Prom – lmao.

The Prom is one of her best performances in recent years

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Kidman looks likely from what I’m reading online after a screening yesterday.

Can you post the link pls

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Halle’s performance in Frankie and Alice was magnificent and I hate how the critics dissed her. F*** them.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Frances has said she’s supporting, reports out of NYFF are saying she could go either way and Erik Anderson of Awards Watch has heard from three sources she’s being campaigned lead so in all: 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

My lawd these threads. Frances freaking McDormand is amazing and put in the goddamn work. Hating on her an internet forum isn’t just stupid, it’s…sad.

That said — it’s a nope from me, dawg. Lol. She’s most likely brilliant, but it feels to me like Denzel and Kathryn are more likely than her, but I am SO excited to see her take on this role ON THE BIG SCREEN in the gorj film. I dunno, I guess I genuinely do think people will be like “ok there’s no urgency” unless they really believe McDormand is head and shoulders over everyone else. She might be, but these reviews don’t seem to indicate that, if I’m honest? They’re raves for sure, but I’m not sure this diminishes Stewart’s frontrunner standing much. If you follow these critics’ reviews, it does feel like Stewart has the bigger notices.

I feel like Colman’s also stronger than McDormand because so many critics felt she’s even better than she was in The Favourite.

The rest….I dunno. BUT Frances has SUCH POWER regardless of whether she wins or not lol, look at you haters trembling in fear at the mere possibility that she might win lol

Cannot WAIT for Passing to premiere! Tessa incoming!!!!!!

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

We’re still in September and this whole discussion for Best Actress is already a trainwreck. Lol.

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

That said — it’s a nope from me, dawg. Lol. She’s most likely brilliant, but it feels to me like Denzel and Kathryn are more likely than her, but I am SO excited to see her take on this role ON THE BIG SCREEN in the gorj film. I dunno, I guess I genuinely do think people will be like “ok there’s no urgency” unless they really believe McDormand is head and shoulders over everyone else. She might be, but these reviews don’t seem to indicate that, if I’m honest?

I kinda agree with your take, but if Macbeth can get enough traction to get into BP, then McDormand will likely happen (but it might also depends on whether she is placed in Lead or Supporting).

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.