Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    Brett Hunt
    Topics:

Let’s take a moment to remember the Great Actress Winners of this year’s Emmys.

kate Winslet's

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Unpopular Opinion: I’m a big McDormand fan but I will be pissed off if she wins a 4th acting Oscar, howsoever great the role may be.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Unpopular Opinion: I’m a big McDormand fan but I will be pissed off if she wins a 4th acting Oscar, howsoever great the role may be.

I dunno. If I’m a big fan of someone, I’m usually happy for their success. Esp. if they win for good roles/performances.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Cannot WAIT for Passing to premiere! Tessa incoming!!!!!!

Saw Passing the other day, very good performances. I feel like Thompson is slightly stronger than Negga’s (but both are fantastic and worthy of a nod IMO). It’s a fine movie, but I felt a bit unengaged with the story and characters. I don’t know how audiences will react to it.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I dunno. If I’m a big fan of someone, I’m usually happy for their success. Esp. if they win for good roles/performances.

Yes that’s true. But the fact is that 4 is too much, even for huge fans.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

As long as it’s deserving, I don’t mind. We are talking about a 64-year-old actress who’s having the time of her life/career. It’s quite inspiring to me 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Film expert
    Topics:

I hope Fran will win her fourth, just to see you all having meltdowns and being extra pressed again lol

It doesn’t matter how many Oscars she has, Oscars are annual awards, if she will end up giving the best performance this year she should win, end of the story.

Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

Not going to lie: I’ve never bought Frances’ performance in Fargo as deserving of an Oscar nomination, much less of a win (and her competition was beyond phenomenal) nor I was impressed with her in the slightest in Nomadland (I know a lot of you consider it a subtle performance where she finds  gravitas because she’s portraying an everyday mundane character but I just think it’s an underwhelming role where she does nothing special) so I really wouldn’t be confortable with her winning another Oscar. The only good thing about this could be than an older woman is apparently getting a good role and delivering, though, again, it seems as if doors open and recognition is made present as long as it is within the confines of the white community.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

If Frances McDormand is nominated I don’t think she will win. We have a long 4 1/2 months to go and there are quite a few performances yet to have been vetted. The Best Actress category is going to be interesting this year – I think we will get a year like last year or the Close-Colman one rather than a Renee Zellweger, Julianne Moore or Frances McDormand for Three Billboards type of inevitable win year.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Not going to lie: I’ve never bought Frances’ performance in Fargo as deserving of an Oscar nomination, much less of a win (and her competition was beyond phenomenal) nor I was impressed with her in the slightest in Nomadland (I know a lot of you consider it a subtle performance where she finds gravitas because she’s portraying an everyday mundane character but I just think it’s an underwhelming role where she does nothing special) so I really wouldn’t be confortable with her winning another Oscar. The only good thing about this could be than an older woman is apparently getting a good role and delivering, though, again, it seems as if doors open and recognition is made present as long as it is within the confines of the white community.

Now, Frances McDormand is winning Oscars for being white. I think I heard it all.

The truth is that Frances McDormand has built her reputation to be one of the most honest, down-to-earth, supportive performers in the industry, gaining critical acclaim for many of her performances and films. Her three Oscars were wildly supported by all the industry folks + critics + general audience and that’s a hard combo to achieve. Most would be satisfied with just the industry love, but no, all her wins are supported by most people = she must have deserved them. I don’t mind that 1% opposite side to share their opinion, but let’s not go into conspiracy theories. McDormand’s achievements are anything, but controversial. You ask any actor POC or white, they will say the same. Actors eat her words up. She’s that respected.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Gunpowder M.M.
    Topics:

The only good thing about this could be than an older woman is apparently getting a good role and delivering, though, again, it seems as if doors open and recognition is made present as long as it is within the confines of the white community.

But all of Frances competition wins besides Cynthia have been white so no.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

If Frances McDormand is nominated I don’t think she will win. We have a long 4 1/2 months to go and there are quite a few performances yet to have been vetted. The Best Actress category is going to be interesting this year – I think we will get a year like last year or the Close-Colman one rather than a Renee Zellweger, Julianne Moore or Frances McDormand for Three Billboards type of inevitable win year.

I too really think we are going to have another split year as no contender seems undeniable for a win unlike the sweep years you mentioned. The BAFTA again will be the key indicator in determining the winner again as SAG and BFCA have been diverging in their winners.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I was wondering,did any if the reviews mention Frances and Denzel having accents? If they do, that would be rare for both.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Frances McDormand is not missing, the placement is irrelevant cause she’s that big to get nominated in lead just like Viola Davis last year.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Frances McDormand could win a thousand Oscars and I wouldn’t be bothered.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)
    - Best International Feature

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.