Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 515 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

C’mon C’mon too. I could see this affecting Belfast’s chance to win BP.

Is that because you don’t want Belfast to win BP? I want Belfast to win BP and I don’t think it being in b&w is going to affect it’s chances – it would be more if there was something else to come along that gets on an awards roll – like what happened with Parasite and 1917. But I don’t see a Parasite that will likely do it, at least not so far….

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

You are an absolute moron.

I’m asking my fellow posters here to please report the quoted post as offensive. I don’t think that I deserved to be called a moron for posting a subjective prediction here. This kind of toxic behavior and language has no place here.

I’m going to contact the forum moderator team to remove and ban this person, too.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

5. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

I am convinced Cate Blanchett will wind up in Supporting Actress, where she belongs.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Is that because you don’t want Belfast to win BP? I want Belfast to win BP and I don’t think it being in b&w is going to affect it’s chances – it would be more if there was something else to come along that gets on an awards roll – like what happened with Parasite and 1917. But I don’t see a Parasite that will likely do it, at least not so far….

I haven’t seen it so I don’t know if I want it to win BP or not. I’m talking about the fact that there are many other b&w movies this year and the comparison with Roma is already not doing it any favors. I feel like the voters might not be that impressed with the b&w factor or even develop a fatigue.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    2. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    3. Catriona Balfe, Belfast
    4. Penélope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    5. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

6. Tessa Thompson, Passing
    7. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    8. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    9. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    10. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos

LOL. A lot of these are wishful thinking.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Just watched the trailer for Passing and it is very clear that both characters are leads in the movie, and also everything I have read about the movie indicates they have equal roles

They don’t really have equal roles, Tessa has more scenes than Ruth and there are scenes with Tessa and not Ruth but none where it’s vice versa. The movie opens and closes with Tessa. Tessa is the lead of the movie and Ruth is pretty much supporting and better

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Just watched the trailer for Passing and it is very clear that both characters are leads in the movie, and also everything I have read about the movie indicates they have equal roles (Thompson and Negga). It looks very interesting. What is up with so many movies this year in black & white? There are 3 contenders in B&W – don’t get me wrong, I love it, but it is unusual! Belfast, The Tragedy of Macbeth and Passing…

Thompson is lead (in the book) and Negga is 100% supporting (unless they beef up her role considerably) Clare is absent for periods of time passing by…both going lead would be a big mistake by the campaign and category fraud too.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Noomi Rapace Lamb (Actress)
    Kristen Stewart, Sally Hawkins, Timothy Spall Spencer (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Penelope Cruz, Israel Elejalde, Milena Smit, Julieta Serrano, Rossy de Palma Madres Paralelas (Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren The Duke (Actor/Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I think the mods should ban freeman griffin for continuing to spew misinformation every chance he gets

Just stop it! I haven’t done any such thing. We get to have different opinions. Can’t we just have fun on here and not take it so seriously, but also not attack each other?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Thompson is lead (in the book) and Negga is 100% supporting (unless they beef up her role considerably) Clare is absent for periods of time passing by…both going lead would be a big mistake by the campaign and category fraud too.

O.K., I will take your word for it. The trailer sure made their roles seem equal to me but trailers can be like that sometimes. The trailer looks really interesting and wonderful!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Passing looks fantastic. Tessa and Ruth both look like they could definitely be contenders, moreso Ruth Negga imo. Ruth looks like a black woman with blonde hair in this film to me though, but i guess the point is not to fool me (a black person), but to fool the white people she’s around.

The cinematography and production design look fantastic.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’m asking my fellow posters here to please report the quoted post as offensive. I don’t think that I deserved to be called a moron for posting a subjective prediction here. This kind of toxic behavior and language has no place here.

I’m going to contact the forum moderator team to remove and ban this person, too.

It’s about time to ban this clown and his alt account Lady Jane Grey.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

“Passing” does look excellent!

Profile picture
    Guestseason
    Topics:

The Spencer clip https://twitter.com/vhscut/status/1440391498831314949?s=19

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Passing looks fantastic. Tessa and Ruth both look like they could definitely be contenders, moreso Ruth Negga imo. Ruth looks like a black woman with blonde hair in this film to me though, but i guess the point is not to fool me (a black person), but to fool the white people she’s around. The cinematography and production design look fantastic.

Well I’m white and I wasnt fooled. But who cares, it could easily fool a stupid, unperceptive white person.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Poor Kirsten Dunst…there was so much hype for her only 1 month ago, some declaring her even as the Volpi Cup winner and then Oscar winner…When you see the contenders like Ruth & co she feels like such an afterthought…

Anyway since we are in Best actress thread, I feel like the winner of this category has yet to be seen…like it will be someone no one has predicted so far, cause it would be sooooo boring if it goes to Kristen or Olivia…it means 6-7 months of the same 2 names since Venice till Oscars night. We need someone unexpected to deliver.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.