Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

King Richard is such a crowd pleaser that I will likely predict it over a few movies. It’s an inspirational movie revolving around 2 Tennis Superstars (whom everyone knows). Will Smith has (1) the strong performance (as Piper Halliwell pointed out) (2) the narrative (Superstar never having won) (3) film is likely to get Supporting Actress (4) film is well liked and crowd pleasing.

All Smith, Cumberbatch and Washington have strong performances. I won’t delve into who I think is the best because I haven’t seen the movies but based on reviews they’ve all received raves.

Again I wouldn’t put that much stock in narrative after what happened last season. If they like Denzel or Benedict more it won’t matter. 

Anyway this is a Best Actress thread so apologies. Let’s just agree to disagree. I just don’t think all is set in stone .

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

wow

Halle’s performance in Frankie and Alice was magnificent and I hate how the critics dissed her. F*** them.

Yup hopefully she will get it for Bruised or for something else soon. Praying 🙏🏼 that Bruised is good

Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

You don’t need to educate me, since no one asked you to do so. You also don’t fucking know me so you don’t have the right to imply that I’m ignorant just because I called you out on your bullshit. Opportunities and lack of opportunities has nothing to do with you post. That’s a general problem that has nothing to do with Meryl Streep or Frances McDormand. Especially as Frances herself literally used her money and privilege to hire Chloe Zhao instead of a white director. How about her and her husband making a movie with a POC lead and POC supporting players just now? And Streep used her voice an power to speak up for Viola Davis. The thing is that you tried to make a post about why you don’t like Frances McDormand’s wins and you tried to argue that her success is due to her being appealing to the white community which couldn’t be more wrong, like I explained it in my reply. Neither McDormand or Streep were ever seen as consensus pretty (as fucked up as it sounds), they had their own struggles in the industry. The word you were missing out the whole time was talent. They made it by being fucking talented. You were coming for the wrong ladies.

Yeah, right. Weren’t you the one who thought it wasn’t fair Kristen Stewart didn’t win the Volip Cup? Give me a fucking break! You know damn well what I’m talking about and you’re obviously showing on what side of the street you are. I don’t like the fact that Frances might win another Oscar just like I enjoy Streep as a performer and again, I’m not really confortable with her racking up excessive nominations and wins for the sake of what it represents.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

wow

Yup hopefully she will get it for Bruised or for something else soon. Praying 🙏🏼 that Bruised is good

A trailer is being shown today, right?

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

A trailer is being shown today, right?

Yes mam  on twitter twitch or youtube  page of netflix at 10:00 am pacific time

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Yes mam on twitter twitch or youtube page of netflix at 10:00 am pacific time

just under 2 hours! can’t wait

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Tammy Faye expended from 450 theaters to 1352 and it made tad less on Friday (200K+) than last Friday from 902 theaters less. So everything I said about atrocious per theater average last week is true. it’s a flop. 600K+ weekend from 1352 theaters is a legit atomic bomb. I see that Scenes From A Marriage has catastrophic viewership on HBO (224K and 133K yikes on a stick!) so good luck with that unnecessary remake that everyone’s ignoring being for her what True Detective was for McCon in the awards season.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Omg just saw bruised it’s a mix of monsters ball and raging bull 😫

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Yeah, right. Weren’t you the one who thought it wasn’t fair Kristen Stewart didn’t win the Volip Cup? Give me a fucking break! You know damn well what I’m talking about and you’re obviously showing on what side of the street you are. I don’t like the fact that Frances might win another Oscar just like I enjoy Streep as a performer and again, I’m not really confortable with her racking up excessive nominations and wins for the sake of what it represents.

Yeah, I thought it’s not fair the most buzzed and most raved performance didn’t win a trophy she deserved, what’s your point?

You don’t seem to have any arguments left, so it’s  a bye-bye.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Omg just saw bruised it’s a mix of monsters ball and raging bull 😫

What you must tell us about it! How is Berry? Is she a contender? Do spill! 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    WildChalice
    Topics:

1.) Kristen Stewart

2.) Jessica Chastain

3.) Penelope Cruz

4.) Lady Gaga

5.) Frances McDormand

6.) Olivia Colman

7.) Jennifer Hudson

8.) Jodie Comer

9.) Cate Blanchett

10.) Nicole Kidman

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

What you must tell us about it! How is Berry? Is she a contender? Do spill! 🙂

It was a short exclusive behind the scenes, she looks good at the four clips i’ve seen short but gut wrenching better than what i saw for thompson her is subtle but halle performance is more showy. Hopefully will see the actually trailer. She might have a chance for the last spot until we see all the performances. I’m cautiously optimistic about it. waiting for someone to upload on twitter so you can see it for yourself.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

It was a short exclusive behind the scenes, she looks good at the four clips i’ve seen short but gut wrenching better than what i saw for thompson her is subtle but halle performance is more showy. Hopefully will see the actually trailer. She might have a chance for the last spot until we see all the performances. I’m cautiously optimistic about it. waiting for someone to upload on twitter so you can see it for yourself.

Did they show it here?

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

This looks awful like snl skit

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

Did they show it here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtO024usxw8

</p>
    it was a short clip 2 minutes not the official trailer a look at behind the scenes.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.