Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 515 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
FreemanGriffin
Piper Halliwell
  • Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I think because we know what Negga looks like, it may seem hard to believe her as a White woman. I will now go back to YouTube so I can watch the trailer again.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Imagine if we get Denzel, Halle, and Will Smith this year. It’ll be 2001 all over again.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

@Entela Lol it will be so boring because it ain’t your girl winning 😂 Kristen Stewart winning the oscars will break the internet , it will be huge and you with everyone on this board would lose it.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

I think Kristen Stewart and Penelope Cruz are the only locked ones, critics and fans loved their movies at Venice. I would say Olivia Colman as well, but I haven’t seen the movie yet, the others are among : Nicole Kidman, Jessica Chastain, Lady Gaga, maybe Rachel Ziegler (?), and who knows maybe Halle makes a comeback..

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

‘Passing’ looks amazing and even if Thompson has a more subtle role and performance than Negga (supporting), she still definitely has more chances to happen than Jennifer Hudson imo.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

‘Passing’ looks amazing and even if Thompson has a more subtle role and performance than Negga (supporting), she still definitely has more chances to happen than Jennifer Hudson imo.

Yeah it’s for sure getting dicey in this category. I dropped Cruz for Thompson. Cruz for another FL film with raves, or Thompson a WOC, first time nominee, buzz around her since Sundance with raves etc. I just can’t see Stewart, Cruz, and Colman getting in. Two of them has to go and it seems Cruz and Colman are the ones to get passed. Colman doesn’t need another Oscar nomination this soon, and Cruz doesn’t need one for yet another FL film. Stewart and Thompson are both fresh blood and neither are previous winners let alone nominations.
    And we have to make room for the legends: Cate, Francis, and Nicole

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

HOUSE OF GUCCI’ starring Lady Gaga and Adam Driver has received an R rating for language, some sexual content, and brief nudity and violence.

DON’T LOOK UP’ starring Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio has received an R rating for language, some sexual content, graphic nudity and drug content.

Unseen Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman

Still waiting for Queen Cate if she goes Lead or Supporting.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

And also, to my previous post, what if Gaga pulls a Close, Mulligan, or Pike here? Yeah that trailer wasn’t it, but it’s just a trailer.
    For all 3 leading ladies from Venice (Colman, Cruz, and Stewart) to make it in, literally Blanchett, Gaga, Kidman, and McDormand would need to fail, the reality is that 2 of those 4 are making it in.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

And also, to my previous post, what if Gaga pulls a Close, Mulligan, or Pike here? Yeah that trailer wasn’t it, but it’s just a trailer. For all 3 leading ladies from Venice (Colman, Cruz, and Stewart) to make it in, literally Blanchett, Gaga, Kidman, and McDormand would need to fail, the reality is that 2 of those 4 are making it in.

I agree Frances really shook the Best Actress race omg,  i’m having palpitations 😂 Chastien was on my list but I’m dropping her now well that was good until it lasted for a week because of the raves for Thompson and Frances going Lead.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Passing looks fantastic. Tessa and Ruth both look like they could definitely be contenders, moreso Ruth Negga imo. Ruth looks like a black woman with blonde hair in this film to me though, but i guess the point is not to fool me (a black person), but to fool the white people she’s around.

The cinematography and production design look fantastic.

Passing was easier decades ago if you didn’t outright look white.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Passing was easier decades ago if you didn’t outright look white.

Yes, I agree. There are documentaries of people that were able to pass, and I was wondering the entire time how it was possible no one knew they were Black.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

And also, to my previous post, what if Gaga pulls a Close, Mulligan, or Pike here? Yeah that trailer wasn’t it, but it’s just a trailer. For all 3 leading ladies from Venice (Colman, Cruz, and Stewart) to make it in, literally Blanchett, Gaga, Kidman, and McDormand would need to fail, the reality is that 2 of those 4 are making it in.

Is McDormand lead confirmed? If so she’s locked, but I kept reading people saying she’s supporting…

Profile picture
    kenny818051
    Topics:

I find it really hard to believe that the four most raved about performances this year won’t make it in. I think that Stewart and Chastain are in for sure. Every single review I read or YouTube reaction I watch states that these two are out of this world good. I think Colman and Cruz are on a bit of shakier ground, however I think as of this point they are safe. We will see what comes about over the next few months. I think Thompson is the most likely 5th slot at the moment. I am excited for the big films to come. I don’t have faith in Gaga since Ridley Scott is more miss than hit these days. The trailer for Gucci looks down right razzie ready. My gut is telling me that Kidman is not going to be received well as Lucy. There has been negative chatter about her casting since the beginning. I think Cate is supporting and Frances is a threat for nomination and could easily knock out Colman or Cruz, probably Cruz.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Black people know that other black people come in different shades and have different features skin colors hair textures and other physical features.But white people didn’t know that back then so them seeing someone look like Ruth Neggas Character they wouldn’t think her race is black they don’t assume all passing people are white no but they didn’t think they where black passing is not looking white it’s passing for any race ethnicity that’s not black.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I find it really hard to believe that the four most raved about performances this year won’t make it in. I think that Stewart and Chastain are in for sure. Every single review I read or YouTube reaction I watch states that these two are out of this world good. I think Colman and Cruz are on a bit of shakier ground, however I think as of this point they are safe. We will see what comes about over the next few months. I think Thompson is the most likely 5th slot at the moment. I am excited for the big films to come. I don’t have faith in Gaga since Ridley Scott is more miss than hit these days. The trailer for Gucci looks down right razzie ready. My gut is telling me that Kidman is not going to be received well as Lucy. There has been negative chatter about her casting since the beginning. I think Cate is supporting and Frances is a threat for nomination and could easily knock out Colman or Cruz, probably Cruz.

Still don’t see how Focus won’t slot Balfe in supporting, unless the studio feels that Belfast will be an overwhelmingly popular (sweepy) film whose following dwarfs those for any other contender, getting noms in all four acting categories with both Dornan and Balfe being win-competitive as leads. Obviously it will have its effusive fans, and some will say it can easily take BP, BD, screenplay, and at least one of the four acting prizes, even in this competitive year. Perhaps one apt analogy will be another b/w film, The Artist, which Ampas at the time fell over itself to honor generously, but is not as glowing a choice in retrospect.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.