Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

once again, nobody was pushing this argument. You’re choosing to exaggerate and twist my very valid point even after I’ve said that this is not what I said at all. I wait fir one of you to provide proof that I said that praise for Gaga = automatic nomination. I’ll wait…

I wasn’t even paying attention to you (you kinda should understand that or did I write to you?… there are other users here, you know)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Ima need halle to pick up the steam plz

She started with the entertainment weekly and new york times interviews and last Saturday with the academy of museum gala opening.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I wasn’t even paying attention to you (you kinda should understand that or did I write to you?… there are other users here, you know)

but I’m the one who brought up the idea that in a tight race Gaga could edge it out for a nomination because she is clearly very popular and respected. So I’m clearly the person all these ridiculous barbed comments are aimed at and I’m not going to have my words twisted. Once AGAIN, I’m not saying her popularity and praise = automatic nomination. So now… Anyone else want to drag this out even further by twisting my words?

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Campaigns this year will obviously make a difference, especially when it comes to get in with a nomination which is already a big deal in a packed category like this year, the situation is totally different from last best actress race for several reasons, especially with no lockdown and Academy members attending these events, campaigns if done smart at certain events will pay off.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

There are definitely different kinds of approach when it comes to getting nominated (and winning). Some people need to go hard and others don’t. And every year is not the same. Just because Olivia and Frances didn’t attend every event it doesn’t mean they didn’t get push from their studios. Don’t be naive.

Some actors like Melissa Leo, Anne Hathaway, or Rami Malek did the most, and sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn’t. But please don’t say campaigning, having connections, and being well liked/charismatic isn’t a factor. Like, please… It’s almost embarrassing.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Campaigning is obviously important, but people shouldn’t make pointless conclusions out of it. Lady Gaga performing in the opening ceremony of The Academy Museum does not mean that she’s going to happen no matter what. It’s baffling to me that people cannot see the difference between a well-liked performer, the reception of her performing on stage and having the support for an acting Oscar. Gaga has so much to prove and so much to overcome this year with no refreshing factor or narrative whatsoever. The Gaga phenomenon and her well-liked persona as a singer & song-writer is not equal with the actors’ respect or general view of her being some kind of a thespian they cannot possibly ignore.

The Academy had no issue snubbing Glenn Close for the win so far. If you think they have this secret plan to reward Gaga for being a phenomenon, you are very naive. They don’t care. They vote for what they think was best.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

But please don’t say campaigning, having connections, and being well liked/charismatic isn’t a factor. Like, please… It’s almost embarrassing.

so embarrassing

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

There are definitely different kinds of approach when it comes to getting nominated (and winning). Some people need to go hard and others don’t. And every year is not the same. Just because Olivia and Frances didn’t attend every event it doesn’t mean they didn’t get push from their studios. Don’t be naive. Some actors like Melissa Leo, Anne Hathaway, or Rami Malek did the most, and sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn’t. But please don’t say campaigning, having connections, and being well liked/charismatic isn’t a factor. Like, please… It’s almost embarrassing.

If there movies hits the ball park and if their campaigning does well Expect Kidman Gaga and Halle to lead the campaigning with Amazon Netflix and MGM backing them with media blitz magazines and tv shows

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

ady Gaga performing in the opening ceremony of The Academy Museum does not mean that she’s going to happen no matter what

The Gaga phenomenon and her well-liked persona as a singer & song-writer is not equal with the actors’ respect or general view of her being some kind of thespian they cannot possibly ignore.

NOBODY SAID ANY OF THIS. Jesus christ, are you all okay? You’re like broken records lecturing us on something that was never said…

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Lol. Them Lady Gaga haters are on a very long rough ride. I’ll put them in my prayers

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    anonymous1313
    Topics:

LITERALLY NO ONE SAID SHE WAS GETTING NOMINATED FOR PERFORMING AT THE MUSEUM. We just said that it was a smart move for launching her campaign! Magazines are literally mentioning her movie while talking about her performance. It’s free publicity for both her album and movie.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Making multiple accounts to stan for Gaga will not make your case stronger.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Even if Lady Gaga had no movie coming this year, her performance in the Academy Museum would still be acclaimed. This chances literally nothing her chances.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:
    1. Making multiple accounts to stan for Gaga will not make your case stronger.

prove its multiple accounts from the same person..

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Even if Lady Gaga had no movie coming this year, her performance in the Academy Museum would still be acclaimed. This chances literally nothing her chances.

yeah you’re right, she’s always been popular and acclaimed. But this served as a reminder.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.