Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Even if Lady Gaga had no movie coming this year, her performance in the Academy Museum would still be acclaimed. This chances literally nothing her chances.

Yes. Obviously what matters most is going to be the movie and her actual movie campaign. These type of events surely can help, but unless it’s aimed specifically for the movie, then it wouldn’t necessarily directly affect her chances per se.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:
    1. prove its multiple accounts from the same person..

I don’t need to, it’s quite obvious for everyone.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I don’t need to, it’s quite obvious for everyone.

well I can’t speak for any other account but it’s just little old me behind this one. If it’s that obvious you should have proof. I’ll wait…

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

It’s been more than 4 hours and Oscar winner (which is difficult to get not everyone has that to their credit) Lady Gaga’s obsessed haters have been losing it with mental gymnastics.

I can’t even think of what will happen to them once the promo and real campagning starts for HOG…praying for their mental health!

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

It’s been more than 4 hours and Oscar winner (which is difficult to get not everyone has that to their credit) Lady Gaga’s obsessed haters have been losing it with mental gymnastics. I can’t even think of what will happen to them once the promo and real campagning starts for HOG…praying for their mental health!

why do they get so mad over Gaga.. I don’t get it

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Why can’t  people just have fun even if the movies  or actresses we stan doesn’t get  nominated. Just enjoy the movie even if you are alone cheering for them.

This is coming from a person that makes liking the Oscars part of her  personality. You’re not going to die bc the movie you like didn’t get buzz.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The denial ya have for Chastain reminds me of the denial ya had for Andra Day last year. Even though she didn’t win, gurl had y’all on the edge of your seats nervous AF thinking ya faves wouldn’t win.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It’s been more than 4 hours and Oscar winner (which is difficult to get not everyone has that to their credit) Lady Gaga’s obsessed haters have been losing it with mental gymnastics. I can’t even think of what will happen to them once the promo and real campagning starts for HOG…praying for their mental health!

There has been such a strong denial on this forum (and another one…) about her having a chance to be nominated lately that I can’t imagine the meltdowns if the movie is not the panned mess they are praying it is.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

The denial ya have for Chastain reminds me of the denial ya had for Andra Day last year. Even though she didn’t win, gurl had y’all on the edge of your seats nervous AF thinking ya faves wouldn’t win.

Chastian is in. She suffered for art:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/jessica-chastain-the-eyes-of-tammy-faye-makeup-skin-damage-1235002192/

She and Halle will be in competition over who suffered more.  Industry eats that s*** up.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

I’m just trying to make a narrative where she will win for a bad movie. I mean, it worked for Meryl and Renee, but Jessica isn’t on their level so I just don’t see it. I’m not letting go of the 4th or 5th for her though. I just don’t see a win at this stage given the underperforming of her film and the fact we have 4 more months to go. Voters will appreciate the transformation and performance, but not enough for a win. Bad release, no one will be talking about it but her fans, no one saw it etc.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yeah I’m sloowwwlly just dropping Chastain. One of the things also is: she can come back into conversation more for sure, because all people in contention can come back well after release given there’s 4 months till voting. But usuaaaally they come back because of critics groups, or in the case of Andra, they get started with a late release, or most infrequently of all, they get an unexpected precursor nom, like Blunt in Girl on the Train.

I don’t see Chastain as a critics groups pick, let’s be real. But if she makes NBR’s list and then CC’s list which is longer and TOTALLY possible (if Amy Adams can do it for Hillbilly…….yeah for sure). That being said, a bunch of people could potentially come back then: Hudson, Cruz and Jones — the last 2 I can easily see getting critics groups. Stewart, Colman, Thompson, Balfe, Berry aren’t going anywhere — the first 4 are continuing film fests and releases in Nov/Dec, Thompson and Berry have plum dates and are only going to be ramping up now. It’s the perfect time for strong contenders to pop up. Then ofc Kidman and Gaga, who even if they don’t get in will obviously command some attention.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    hildy1050
    Topics:

Yeah I’m sloowwwlly just dropping Chastain. One of the things also is: she can come back into conversation more for sure, because all people in contention can come back well after release given there’s 4 months till voting. But usuaaaally they come back because of critics groups, or in the case of Andra, they get started with a late release, or most infrequently of all, they get an unexpected precursor nom, like Blunt in Girl on the Train. I don’t see Chastain as a critics groups pick, let’s be real. But if she makes NBR’s list and then CC’s list which is longer and TOTALLY possible (if Amy Adams can do it for Hillbilly…….yeah for sure). That being said, a bunch of people could potentially come back then: Hudson, Cruz and Jones — the last 2 I can easily see getting critics groups. Stewart, Colman, Thompson, Balfe, Berry aren’t going anywhere — the first 4 are continuing film fests and releases in Nov/Dec, Thompson and Berry have plum dates and are only going to be ramping up now. It’s the perfect time for strong contenders to pop up. Then ofc Kidman and Gaga, who even if they don’t get in will obviously command some attention.

What does NBR mean?

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Chastian is in. She suffered for art: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/jessica-chastain-the-eyes-of-tammy-faye-makeup-skin-damage-1235002192/ She and Halle will be in competition over who suffered more. Industry eats that s*** up.

Hell yeah Halle having broken ribs and older at 55

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

I’m just trying to make a narrative where she will win for a bad movie. I mean, it worked for Meryl and Renee, but Jessica isn’t on their level so I just don’t see it. I’m not letting go of the 4th or 5th for her though. I just don’t see a win at this stage given the underperforming of her film and the fact we have 4 more months to go. Voters will appreciate the transformation and performance, but not enough for a win. Bad release, no one will be talking about it but her fans, no one saw it etc.

Exactly the performance is stunning but it just won’t be enough for her to win an Oscar.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

What does NBR mean?

Nation Board of Reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.