Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 505 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Yeah I’m sloowwwlly just dropping Chastain. One of the things also is: she can come back into conversation more for sure, because all people in contention can come back well after release given there’s 4 months till voting. But usuaaaally they come back because of critics groups, or in the case of Andra, they get started with a late release, or most infrequently of all, they get an unexpected precursor nom, like Blunt in Girl on the Train.

I don’t see Chastain as a critics groups pick, let’s be real. But if she makes NBR’s list and then CC’s list which is longer and TOTALLY possible (if Amy Adams can do it for Hillbilly…….yeah for sure). That being said, a bunch of people could potentially come back then: Hudson, Cruz and Jones — the last 2 I can easily see getting critics groups. Stewart, Colman, Thompson, Balfe, Berry aren’t going anywhere — the first 4 are continuing film fests and releases in Nov/Dec, Thompson and Berry have plum dates and are only going to be ramping up now. It’s the perfect time for strong contenders to pop up. Then ofc Kidman and Gaga, who even if they don’t get in will obviously command some attention.

I think Chastain is safe for example with SAG.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

House of Gucci doesn’t need good reviews for Gaga to get in or even a best picture nom i don’t know why these high standards are being placed on Gaga like she’s not A pop culture icon house of Gucci will be liked by audiences and have decent box office if Gaga performance is decent and gets good reviews she can be nominated.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

House of Gucci doesn’t need good reviews for Gaga to get in or even a best picture nom i don’t know why these high standards are being placed on Gaga like she’s not A pop culture icon house of Gucci will be liked by audiences and have decent box office if Gaga performance is decent and gets good reviews she can be nominated.

Well you have to think with 10 nominations for BP this year, you would think 3 of those actresses will at least have their film nominated for BP. It’s not impossible of course, but she will likely need her movie to get into way more than just  actress.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Isn’t Jordan Ruimy the same guy who said The Tragedy of Macbeth was rejected from Venice because it’s “bad?” It’s at 100% on RT, and 90 on MC.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Jordan Ruimy

He also insulted Gaga’s acting on another article before writing this new one about some people liking Gucci, so…

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

It seems like something that’ll go one extreme or another: pretty well-received and Gaga is a big contender or it gets trashed and is seen as only good for memes. I do agree that as long as the movie isn’t trashed and Gaga’s performance is overall liked then she has a good chance at a nod.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

I’m little too late, but thankfully I survived Respect. Two and half hours of misguided mess. Jennifer Hudson surely will get an Oscar nomination for her powerful singing scenes. Her non-singing performance is somewhat unremarkable. her line-delivery are sometimes flat. The scenes feels rushed and shifted from one to another with little to no emotional impact to the audiences. The supporting characters feels more like an NPC, like they just spawned just in time to support Hudson’s Aretha to keep the story going.

I don’t understand why they keep making mediocre biopics like this. This is on par with The United States vs Billie Holiday, but hell, even that movie makes me feel something because of Andra Day’s performance. This movie isn’t.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Andra Day happened because of the globe win, the academy didn’t care for the film before that win, just based on the shortlist, SAG paid dust, she didn’t show up at BAFTA and their shortlist had like 15 names.

About Gaga, Bradley did a wonderful job with her, but Ridley is a hit-or-miss, I don’t know why you are so sure she’s getting in with the category getting more competitive each day.

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson surely will get an Oscar nomination for her powerful singing scenes.

oh god, pls no

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Late September predix:

1. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    2. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    3. Tessa Thompson, Passing
    4. Caitriona Balfe, Belfast
    5. Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

About Gaga, Bradley did a wonderful job with her, but Ridley is a hit-or-miss, I don’t know why you are so sure she’s getting in with the category getting more competitive each day.

I would say that very few of us are saying that it’s a given. Maybe one or 2 die hard fans who are probably just acting like that bc of the weirdly and unnecessarily aggressive opinion people have of Gaga and her chances. Let’s see the legit reviews, then we will know more.

Profile picture
    rollins
    Topics:

Gaga fans have got Piper scrambling on the ropes and yet she’s going hard for a less hyped film. Get ha!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

1- Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter
    2- Kristen Stewart – Spencer
    3- Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    4- Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of MacBeth
    5- Tessa Thompson – Passing

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Gaga fans have got Piper scrambling on the ropes and yet she’s going hard for a less hyped film. Get ha!

You seem lost.

The moment Gaga will have better raves as Chastain, you can make an argument of me stanning for the lesser performance. Until then, I’m not interested.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I can see Chastain win the SAG. I doubt she’ll win the BAFTA or CC.

Stewart can win CC and BAFTA but I doubt the movie is as well appealing for her to win SAG.

Colman is unlikely to win SAG (film may not be everyone’s cup of tea) and the BAFTA jury hates her.

Gaga can win SAG but I doubt she’ll be nominated for the BAFTA.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.