Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The American Film Institute said Tuesday it has added the world premieres of Apple Original Films’ Swan Song starring two-time Oscar winner Mahershala Ali and Halle Berry’s directorial debut Bruised from Netflix to this year’s AFI Fest lineup.

Halle is coming

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Halle Berry is clearing a bigger priority for Netflix than Tessa Thompson so I fail to understand the predictions for the latter that won’t even be the main push from her movie

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Where? There are some mean comments every once in a while mostly by trolls online, but the film industry knows it better, and they worked with her in numerous projects.

Erik said it’s the best performance he has ever seen so worth mentioning even better than charlize monsters which is regarded as the female  best  performance of the 2000’s

Profile picture
    shedidnothing92
    Topics:

I’ve watched the “I wanna put my arm around you” clip from Tammy Faye twice. That could be her Oscar clip. I know the entire movie is Oscar clips cropped together and I haven’t seen the movie, but this particular scene stands out from the rest that I have seen. I don’t think voters will watch that scene and still deny her the nomination. She was amazing.

Totally agree! I found myself crying watching that scene. And while I know this is a narrative she herself is trying to push, I will say I found it doubly impressive how much she was able to emote given all the shit she had on her face.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Halle Berry is clearing a bigger priority for Netflix than Tessa Thompson so I fail to understand the predictions for the latter that won’t even be the main push from her movie

When Netflix picked up Bruised at the Toronto Film Festival last year, the pic was in its unfinished form, and its debut in November will be the first time it’s being shown to moviegoers in polished form.

Swan Song and Bruised will screen in-person at the TCL Chinese Theatre on Friday, November 12, and Saturday, November 13, respectively.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am very curious to see Tessa Thompson’s performance as Irene in Passing. I have just finished the novel. Irene is the narrator and it’s her interior monologue that tells the story – but the story is really about Clare (Ruth Negga’s character). Clare is the one who passes. Clare has the flashier role and Irene is quieter, more introspective. It will be fascinating to see how it plays out in the actual movie. The trailer has me super excited to see the movie! I am sold on Ruth Negga being nominated (in Supporting Actress – in the novel I would say she’s a co-lead. The story is about these two characters and very few others are in the story at all) but not quite there with Tessa Thompson – there are so many other contenders. This is a movie I wish would open immediately, I can’t wait to see it!

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Where? There are some mean comments every once in a while mostly by trolls online, but the film industry knows it better, and they worked with her in numerous projects.

I think there is a stigma, i personally think she’s not a good actress and Pattinson is much better but like i said before, she can give the performance of her life and she definitely can win the Oscar, similar to other actors that i don’t consider to be so good and they win.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I think there is a stigma, i personally think she’s not a good actress and Pattinson is much better but like i said before, she can give the performance of her life and she definitely can win the Oscar, similar to other actors that i don’t consider to be so good and they win.

has Pattinson ever come near to being nominated? He has arguably starred in more baity movies with known directors yet I don’t remember any talk of him being in any serious contention of being nominated. Kristen has had Still Alice, Clouds of Sils Maria and Personal Shopper. She won a French Oscar and critics awards.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

has Pattinson ever come near to being nominated? He has arguably starred in more baity movies with known directors yet I don’t remember any talk of him being in any serious contention of being nominated. Kristen has had Still Alice, Clouds of Sils Maria and Personal Shopper. She won a French Oscar and critics awards.

He was for The Lighthouse

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’ve watched the “I wanna put my arm around you” clip from Tammy Faye twice. That could be her Oscar clip. I know the entire movie is Oscar clips cropped together and I haven’t seen the movie, but this particular scene stands out from the rest that I have seen. I don’t think voters will watch that scene and still deny her the nomination. She was amazing.

That’s AMPAS catnip and also something that will not age well not that the Oscars were ever concerned with aging of their winners. They are right here, right now not looking at the crystal ball, which makes sense. But anyway, point being, this is the reason why such performances are unpopular winners in years to come – they come from bad to mediocre movies that only look worse far from awards buzz, and the performance itsel loses its luster away from the hype and you are left with something quite desperate. Which all traditional baits (movies made strictly to appeal to AMPAS) are. They are loud and proud “I want to win”. Yet lowbrow and middlebrow crowd forgets about them while highbrow crowd gets hung up on them forever for robbing a more sophisticated performer in a much better movie that wasn’t made just for AMPAS.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

The surprise factor definitely helps Stewart. Also, she comes out as cool and approachable.

I don’t know if any of you follow Deuxmoi but she has a good reputation on there for being really nice and down to earth with normies and crew members. Buying rounds for people in bars etc. It’s actually Anna Kendrick who multiple people accused of being a nightmare. It’s funny because during Twilight I bet most would assume it would be the opposite.

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

Good Time is easily the closest he’s come to be nominated. Other than that, Cosmopolis and The Rover were seen as great changes of pace for him, and while many would vouch The Lighthouse or The Devil All the Time, the former had him overshadowed by Willem Dafoe while the latter never gained enough positive reception to be considered viable.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

KStew, Jessica, Olivia, Pene, etc have good reputation. professional, hard-working, respectful, nice to people, nice to work with. They are not Russell Crowe in his hayday or John Boyega the latest mega diva, or Eddie Murphy, Charkles Dance and some other actors with notoriously bad rep. So being nice isn’t exactly a distinction except when surrounded by competition that pissed off the industry in some way.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

KStew, Jessica, Olivia, Pene, etc have good reputation. professional, hard-working, respectful, nice to people, nice to work with. They are not Russell Crowe in his hayday or John Boyega the latest mega diva, or Eddie Murphy, Charkles Dance and some other actors with notoriously bad rep. So being nice isn’t exactly a distinction except when surrounded by competition that pissed off the industry in some way.

So John Boyega, Russell Crowe and the rest aren’t supposed to be respected because they do mega hit franchises and some other popular movies. You guys have failed to understand that a movie not winning awards doesn’t make it bad. Those Star Wars movies are amazing and they have their own audience which is the biggest. Y’all need to stop shitting on popular films and actors. Some Oscar contenders get dismissed the moment their films flop at the box office and you still come acting like movies that make hundreds of millions are trash. It’s hypocrisy. John Boyega and Co are wonderful actors and they are respected

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Profile picture
    Taylor jacobs
    Topics:

Lol pattinson does not star in baity movies at all. And he came close to being nominated for good time and the lighthouse. Don’t try to discredit his acting merit just to boost Stewart, who has starred in multiple baity films.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.