Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 505 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Lol pattinson does not star in baity movies at all. And he came close to being nominated for good time and the lighthouse. Don’t try to discredit his acting merit just to boost Stewart, who has starred in multiple baity films.

🤣🤣🤣 I’m honoured to get you pressed enough to merit your very first post…

Oh and FYI Kstew clearly does not need a “boost” in relation to Pattinson. What nonsense are you spouting. I literally asked a question and don’t remember any buzz for him for those movies. I guess this is going to be a painful Oscar season for you if kstew v rpattz is your trigger.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Not the joined Sep 23 2021 and joined Sep 26 2021 accounts fighting. End this season already.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

he came close to being nominated for good time and the lighthouse.

He definitely did not.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Halle Berry is clearing a bigger priority for Netflix than Tessa Thompson so I fail to understand the predictions for the latter that won’t even be the main push from her movie

Berry can happen (and is being underestimated IMO) but I don’t think it’s delusional to predict Thompson over her. Her film is after all a stronger contender overall for Netflix than Berry’s and will be campaigned more and Thompson can coattail if the last slot in actress is wide open like Jonathan Pryce did for The Two Popes even though Taron Egerton got in everywhere for Rocketman (and won the Globe).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Not the joined Sep 23 2021 and joined Sep 26 2021 accounts fighting. End this season already.

I joined and posted straight away. Big difference.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

He definitely did not.

thank you. I thought this but knew they’d freak if I said it.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Berry can happen (and is being underestimated IMO) but I don’t think it’s delusional to predict Thompson over her. Her film is after all a stronger contender overall for Netflix than Berry’s and will be campaigned more and Thompson can coattail if the last slot in actress is wide open like Jonathan Pryce did for The Two Popes even though Taron Egerton got in everywhere for Rocketman (and won the Globe).

Well, let’s have both. I disagree with the sentiment that it can be only either (not from you, but in general). Berry is due for a return, and Thompson is due for breakthrough. Them with Stewart would make one hell of a category! 🙂 Hard-workers and worthy performers all around that aren’t so obvious either!

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Halle Berry is clearing a bigger priority for Netflix than Tessa Thompson so I fail to understand the predictions for the latter that won’t even be the main push from her movie

I fail to understand why would you conclude that Halle Berry is ‘clearly’ the bigger priority for Netflix. AFI Fest isn’t that important. Passing is being shown at the New York Film Festival next week. Bruised sounds like something that it will probably have 40-70 on Rotten Tomatoes.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I fail to understand why would you conclude that Halle Berry is ‘clearly’ the bigger priority for Netflix. AFI Fest isn’t that important. Passing is being shown at the New York Film Festival next week. Bruised sounds like something that it will probably have 40-70 on Rotten

Lol why would you underestimate Bruised what makes you think AFI isn’t an important Festival? Bruised has a theatrical release November 17 and Netflix Nov 24.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Lol why would you underestimate Bruised what makes you think AFI isn’t an important Festival? Bruised has a theatrical release in November 17 and in Netflix Nov 24.

It’s not that it’s not important. It just doesn’t have a good track record for predicting the Oscars like the European festivals + TIFF, Telluride and NYFF

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Well, let’s have both. I disagree with the sentiment that it can be only either (not from you, but in general). Berry is due for a return, and Thompson is due for breakthrough. Them with Stewart would make one hell of a category! 🙂 Hard-workers and worthy performers all around that aren’t so obvious either!

Piper we are in the  same  boat i’m rooting for Kristen  for the win and Halle or Tessa as a nominee.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

It’s not that it’s not important. It just doesn’t have a good track record for predicting the Oscars like the European festivals + TIFF, Telluride and NYFF

Thats your opinion. But you can’t deny that Netflix isn’t neglecting Halle as so many people would think Bruised didn’t hit the fall festivals but she has covered New York Times and Entertainment Weekly and has booked a couple of speaking engagements that i didn’t bother to mention ,FYI AFI has King Richard and Swan Song on its current line-up. Many more movies to come.  Netflix has a lot Colman, Berry, Bullock and Thompson.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Halle berry is 20 here where we spend all day talking about movies.  They can campaign for her till the cows come home still doubt she gets nominated anywhere cept maybe a golden globes if that ceremony even happens

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

So John Boyega, Russell Crowe and the rest aren’t supposed to be respected because they do mega hit franchises and some other popular movies.

What? That’s not what I alluded at. I alluded at their douchebag behavior, Russell’s incident after BAFTA when he roughed up a producer for cutting his speech short or something (believed to have killed his Oscar win) , and Boyega walking off a movie because he didn’t like the hotel which forced the production to shut down and people lost jobs (belieevd to have killed his Emmy nom). It’s all well documented.

John Boyega and Co are wonderful actors and they are respected

Not the hill anyone should die on. You believe waht you want to believe but where there are years of rumors that someone is a a-hole you better believe it. And the worst isn’t even a rumor, it was in THR. But don’t worry, there will be more cause they never stop.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

K stewart has her own skeletons, probs dont want to concentrate on that aspect when defending her.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.