Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

The way I see it is that none of the potential Oscar nominees can beat Kristen Stewart when it comes to being talked about and buzz. Well except Lady Gaga of course but it’s yet to be revealed if she will be in the running. Kristen doesn’t have public social media and I don’t think she is going to beg for it. She promotes her movies but she never seems super thirsty for the limelight. Whereas I think Chastain will go all out but I don’t think there is that same desire from the public to have her win? As much as Kristen has her stale old naysayers, judging by social media comments there is a lot of people rooting for her. Twihards are older now but this seems to be reactivating them 😂.

That said, the public doesn’t chose the winners and Chastain seems very friendly with a lot of her peers and seems much more of a schmoozer that Kristen. Although she has worked with a lot of people too and seems to be well liked by her peers. If it does come down to these 2 it could be close.

I don’t think Frances will win again. I hope not 😶

Colman I can’t see winning either.

Cruz I’m not sure about. She might be seen to be due again?

I’m pretty shocked that Jhud isnt a stronger consideration. I haven’t seen the movie but I even saw black twitter kind of shading her performance. That’s not a good sign. I thought she would have been a lock.

Gaga’s role seems kind of controversial. Its a real life assassination so it’s a hard movie to promote. People will want her to camp it up but she still has to be respectful to the family and victim. I’m interested to see what the reaction will be.

I can certaintly see Colman winning again, you just never know with her as she always seem’s to surprise with wins.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I can certaintly see Colman winning again, you just never know with her as she always seem’s to surprise with wins.

she’s more likely than Frances for sure. I kind of hope Maggie takes the win for that movie though.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

If anyone can pull off a surprise performance it will be Kidman and Berry it would be nice to see them both get nominated the Queens of 2001 oscars  but we know who is the clear front runner here is Kristen, Jessica would’ve to fend off Actresses who previously won Oscars and Revered Mcdormand,Colman,Cruz, Berry, Blanchett and Kidman.

FYI The Campaigning stared last night with The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures opening gala.

The Netflix Girls Berry,Thompson, Hall and Gyllenhaal
    Amazon Kidman
    MGM Lady Gaga Jennifer Hudson
    Neon Stewart

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

If anyone can pull off a surprise performance it will be Kidman and Berry it would be nice to see them both get nominated the Queens of 2001 oscars but we know who is the clear front runner here is Kristen, Jessica would’ve to fend off Actresses who previously won Oscars and Revered Mcdormand,Colman,Cruz, Berry, Blanchett and Kidman.

FYI The Campaigning stared last night with The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures opening gala.

The Netflix Girls Berry, Thompson Hall and Gyllenhaal
    Amazon Kidman
    MGM Lady Gaga Jennifer Hudson
    Neon Stewart

I think people are underestimating Kidman considering she’s Amazon only push and might get enough fine reception for the film. Won’t be surprised if she becomes a nomination lock once more news of her movie comes out.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

For me Nicole Kidman has never been better than she was in Destroyer and she got zero traction for that completely different for her performance. When is Becoming the Ricardos opening? If it’s too late in the Oscar season I don’t think she can overcome early buzz for other performances. Time will tell, of course!

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Colman is not winning for a movie with such divisive audience reactions. Even the nomination is shaky with such strong alternatives. Colman is superb and quite popular, but the category is a bloodbath, and I don’t see The Lost Daughter as an overly strong contender.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I think people are underestimating Kidman considering she’s Amazon only push and might get enough fine reception for the film. Won’t be surprised if she becomes a nomination lock once more news of her movie comes out.

She might be Amazon’s only focus in the Best Actress race but if Being the Ricardos receives strong reviews, Kidman won’t be Amazon’s “only push.”  It would also push Sorkin for screenwriting and conceivably, for director, and might well also heavily campaign for actors in other acting categories.  Even if her performance is extraordinary, this won’t be a situation like Judy or Still Alice in which the lead actress is the sole focus of a “studio’s” campaign strategy.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I don’t see The Lost Daughter as an overly strong contender.

I’m unsure how you are defining “overly strong” but as of now, I’ll be very surprised if Maggie G. doesn’t receive a nomination for Adapted Screenplay, and to a lesser extent, I think The Lost Daughter is a serious contender for a Best Supporting Actress nomination, and quite possibly for a Best Picture nomination.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I’m unsure how you are defining “overly strong” but as of now, I’ll be very surprised if Maggie G. doesn’t receive a nomination for Adapted Screenplay, and to a lesser extent, I think The Lost Daughter is a serious contender for a Best Supporting Actress nomination, and quite possibly for a Best Picture nomination.

Gyllenhaal is a good bet, the rest? I’m not sure. But it’d be funny if all Stewart, Dornan and Johnson would get nominations aka ex-stars of panned phenomenon franchises. We would be only missing Pattinson 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Kidman is a huge threat. Not only does she play an icon in a film written by a master screenwriter and is opposite a great actor,but I don’t think the Academy will have any second thoughts to reward her with a second oscar.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

With regards to The Lost Daughter, People need to know that the Writer’s Branch craves for unconventional movies while the acting branch gives a cold shoulder to performers in unconventional films.
    (The huge career momentum of Colman is the only thing that can overcome this bias.)

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Kidman is a huge threat. Not only does she play an icon in a film written by a master screenwriter and is opposite a great actor,but I don’t think the Academy will have any second thoughts to reward her with a second oscar.

Not only they didn’t care to reward her again, but they also snubbed her multiple times even for a nomination, what changed?

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Not only they didn’t care to reward her again, but they also snubbed her multiple times even for a nomination, what changed?

The film she’s doing and the icon she’s playing.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

She might be Amazon’s only focus in the Best Actress race but if Being the Ricardos receives strong reviews, Kidman won’t be Amazon’s “only push.” It would also push Sorkin for screenwriting and conceivably, for director, and might well also heavily campaign for actors in other acting categories. Even if her performance is extraordinary, this won’t be a situation like Judy or Still Alice in which the lead actress is the sole focus of a “studio’s” campaign strategy.

I meant Nicole is Amazon’s biggest contender for Lead Actress category, not that the film will only happen there. idk where did you get Still Alice and Judy comparisons

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Colman is not winning for a movie with such divisive audience reactions. Even the nomination is shaky with such strong alternatives. Colman is superb and quite popular, but the category is a bloodbath, and I don’t see The Lost Daughter as an overly strong contender.

One word. Netflix.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.