Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 505 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

It mentions her as supporting but it’s telling that she’s the only supporting contender cited. 😎

Telling, or just slipshod/lazy writing? NJ had plenty of other actual best-actress contenders to fill out his “five Best Actress contenders to watch”-style think piece – but then shoehorned in Dunst, who won’t be a best-actress nominee. Balfe gets a pass now, because she plausibly could land in either race once Focus makes up its mind. But Netflix will be pushing Dunst for supporting. The fact NJ indicates that only highlights the sloppiness of his piece.

I guess NJ did this because she more easily fit his questionable “stan”-off hyphothesis than other actresses who, unlike Dunst, are actually contending for the leading race. But Dunst fans won’t be squaring off against fans of Gaga, Stewart or Chastain – it’s the fans of Cruz, Colman, Thompson, Kidman, Hudson, Lawrence, Berry et al who will be in that “battle.”

Dunst supporters will be facing “stans” of the likes of Ruth Negga, Jessie Buckley, Rooney Mara, Toni Collette, Aunjanue Ellis or even Jayne Houdyshell. 😉

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I guess NJ did this because she more easily fit his questionable “stan”-off hyphothesis than other actresses who, unlike Dunst, actually are contending for the leading race. But Dunst fans won’t be squaring off against fans of Gaga, Stewart or Chastain – it’s fans of Cruz, Colman, Thompson, Kidman, Hudson, Lawrence, Berry et al who will be.

This is true. I’m guessing that’s why she’s there (though it sure doesn’t explain the omission of, say, Dakota Johnson or Ann Dowd). You’re right, that particular sentence doesn’t make much sense but I was just pointing out that the article does acknowledge she’s in supporting when it first brings her up.

Though I have to say: it’s a HILARIOUS piece lol (sometimes unintentionally).

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Telling, or just slipshod/lazy writing? NJ had plenty of other actual best-actress contenders to fill out his “five Best Actress contenders to watch”-style think piece – but then shoehorned in Dunst, who won’t be a best-actress nominee. Balfe gets a pass now, because she plausibly could land in either race once Focus makes up its mind. But Netflix will be pushing Dunst for supporting. The fact NJ indicates that only highlights the sloppiness of his piece.

I guess NJ did this because she more easily fit his questionable “stan”-off hyphothesis than other actresses who, unlike Dunst, are actually contending for the leading race. But Dunst fans won’t be squaring off against fans of Gaga, Stewart or Chastain – it’s the fans of Cruz, Colman, Thompson, Kidman, Hudson, Lawrence, Berry et al who will be in that “battle.”

Dunst supporters will be facing “stans” of the likes of Ruth Negga, Jessie Buckley, Rooney Mara, Toni Collette, Aunjanue Ellis or even Jayne Houdyshell. 😉

Honestly though, this line KILLED me:

Three years ago, Gaga got dinged for being an Oscars arriviste; there could have been a hundred people in the room and not enough of them voted for her in Best Actress.

😂

Gaga stans, hold your fire please, it’s….a pretty good burn lol that’s literally all I’m saying. I laughed, Gaga probably would too

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

markolong: Went to another industry FYC screening last night. The movie was SPENCER. Movie was OK but the performances were amazing, especially Kristen Stewart. My friend is predicting she’ll win an Oscar for her performance. He may be right! Oh and thank you for the SWAG!

Please, post the link of where he said that. Thank you.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Please, post the link of where he said that. Thank you.

I got it on twitter but it came from IG. His username is right there.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

😂 Gaga stans, hold your fire please, it’s….a pretty good burn lol that’s literally all I’m saying. I laughed, Gaga probably would too

it’s not even funny though

Profile picture
    MM
    Topics:

I pray that Halle Berry doesn’t get in for such failed Oscar bait.

Exactly. Her movie will be shit. Good luck to her delusional fans tho💀

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Exactly. Her movie will be shit. Good luck to her delusional fans tho💀

Yes we are going to pray for her success.  Go argue with the wind 💨. If you don’t like people cheering for Kristen and Halle or any other actress go somewhere else. We don’t need your negativity here.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

I saw The Eyes of Tammy Faye yesterday afternoon. Let’s just say Chastain has SAG on lock with this one. Oscar voters won’t deny her the nod but if they feel someone else is sexier in terms of material — she’ll be a glorified also-ran.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

I know it’s not happening but I would love for Jennifer Lawrence to get nominated for DLU just for all of the meltdowns that would occur on these forums.

this post is so unoriginal, that put kardashian’s butts to shame.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Profile picture
    MM
    Topics:

Yes we are going to pray for her success. Go argue with the wind 💨. If you don’t like people cheering for Kristen and Halle or any other actress go somewhere else. We don’t need your negativity here.

Well.. I had no I idea this is your private property 🤔 next time don’t tell me what to do and yes Halle is coming for another razzie sweetie.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Well.. I had no I idea this is your private property 🤔 next time don’t tell me what to do and yes Halle is coming for another razzie sweetie.

It’s baffling that people are still calling Kristen Stewart the front runner. People should look at the clear fact that venice jury didn’t care about her performance or her movie like the baised critics were claiming.

That’s your quote above 👆🏻 trashing Kristen as well.  I have receipts , someone has to put you in your place because you keep on spewing hate here. How do you feel about being negative all the time ? Does it make you feel better to to put other people down? Treat people as you want to be treated. So that gives you the right to infest this thread with your negativity.

Back to regular programming as per Clayton tweet I’ve heard murmurs that the studio is considering her for a supporting run this time, even though the part of Lady Macbeth has always been thought of as a lead role. A source close to the studio has shared that the decision for supporting is very unlikely and she’ll end up competing for lead actress once again. But when voters hear McDormand’s delivery of “Out, damned spot,” they’ll probably do whatever she wants.

Profile picture
    MM
    Topics:

It’s baffling that people are still calling Kristen Stewart the front runner. People should look at the clear fact that venice jury didn’t care about her performance or her movie like the baised critics were claiming. That’s your quote above 👆🏻 trashing Kristen as well. I have receipts , someone has to put you in your place because you keep on spewing hate here. How do you feel about being negative all the time ? Does it make you feel better to to put other people down? Treat people as you want to be treated. So that gives you the right to infest this thread with your negativity.

The way I just rolled my eyes so hard they almost popped out of my skull.

You think you are saint just because you don’t say anything negative, but aren’t you the same person who keeps liking shady/hateful posts about certain actresses? And I have receipts too sweetie.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

It’s baffling that people are still calling Kristen Stewart the front runner. People should look at the clear fact that venice jury didn’t care about her performance or her movie like the baised critics were claiming.

That’s your quote above 👆🏻 trashing Kristen as well. I have receipts , someone has to put you in your place because you keep on spewing hate here. How do you feel about being negative all the time ? Does it make you feel better to to put other people down? Treat people as you want to be treated. So that gives you the right to infest this thread with your negativity.

I agree that Stewart is a very shaky front runner if we can call her that. The signs are there that she will underperform honestly.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I agree that Stewart is a very shaky front runner if we can call her that. The signs are there that she will underperform honestly.

But the audience eat it up though what are the signs that she will underperform though? I seriously don’t know. I haven’t heard anything negative regarding her performance not on twitter.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.