Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

But the audience eat it up though what are the signs that she will underperform though? I seriously don’t know. I haven’t heard anything negative regarding her performance not on twitter.

They can eat up her performance so that she is nominated but a win to me is where the shakiness begins. She has quite a few hurdles to overcome, such as her controversial industry status, winning over the british/international voters, the inevitable comparison to Emma Corrin, her film being artsy and off putting to some especially older voters. These seem like credible hurdles that won’t make it a breeze for her to win.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Stewart has hurdles but so does literally all of her other competitors especially Chastain who’s stuck with a panned September dump film. Kidman is a threat, but may fail to build enough buzz as the season unfolds since her film is not entering any festivals and is being released in December.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

They can eat up her performance so that she is nominated but a win to me is where the shakiness begins. She has quite a few hurdles to overcome, such as her controversial industry status, winning over the british/international voters, the inevitable comparison to Emma Corrin, her film being artsy and off putting to some especially older voters. These seem like credible hurdles that won’t make it a breeze for her to win.

What controversial industry status? enlighten me please tbh i don’t know what to say if she doesn’t win what a disappointment that would be if she doesn’t all the raves are there i’m praying she doesn’t  end up like carey mulligan.

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

What controversial industry status? enlighten me please tbh i don’t know what to say if she doesn’t win what a disappointment that would be if she doesn’t all the raves are there i’m praying she doesn’t end up like carey mulligan.

I think they’re referring to the incident where she had an affair with the director of Snow White and the Huntsman, Rupert Sanders, while he was married to another woman. Ever since she came out as bisexual though, I think she’s swept that under the rug (meanwhile he hasn’t).

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I highly doubt people are gonna remember the Snow White controversy when voting comes around. And how are we gonna consider controversy this much when you consider the fact that Bohemian Rhapsody won 4 Oscars? Come on y’all

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I think they’re referring to the incident where she had an affair with the director of Snow White and the Huntsman, Rupert Sanders, while he was married to another woman. Ever since she came out as bisexual though, I think she’s swept that under the rug (meanwhile he hasn’t).

Omg 😱

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

What controversial industry status? enlighten me please tbh i don’t know what to say if she doesn’t win what a disappointment that would be if she doesn’t all the raves are there i’m praying she doesn’t end up like carey mulligan.

I’m just talking about her status in the industry which isn’t as a particuarly respected actress. Maybe the word controversial was wrong.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

why is no one considers Frances McDormand in Spencer? she’s transforming as Charles for godshake.

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Profile picture
    MM
    Topics:

Um… I doesn’t matter if she had affair with her director lol. I just think it’s not as accessible as people are making it out to be.  Just look at the imdb rating, it’s already at 6.4 but it will go down when it releases world wide, same will happen with letterboxd.

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

Um… I doesn’t matter if she had affair with her director lol. I just think it’s not as accessible as people are making it out to be. Just look at the imdb rating, it’s already at 6.4 but it will go down when it releases world wide, same will happen with letterboxd.

Even if the Rotten Tomatoes score goes down to even the 70s%, she will still probably get in based on festival hype and the baity nature of the role.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

why is no one considers Frances McDormand in Spencer? she’s transforming as Charles for godshake.

I screamed 🤣

Profile picture
    patchcabbage
    Topics:

Um… I doesn’t matter if she had affair with her director lol. I just think it’s not as accessible as people are making it out to be. Just look at the imdb rating, it’s already at 6.4 but it will go down when it releases world wide, same will happen with letterboxd.

Hardly saw anyone saying it’s accessible. Even critics who have seen it and liked it had questions about the accessibility. Even Parallel Mothers and The Lost Daughter have 6.2 on imdb if that’s your basis. Also I don’t know about the Letterboxd take when it’s predominantly controlled by Film Twitter… 💀

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Hardly saw anyone saying it’s accessible. Even critics who have seen it and liked it had questions about the accessibility. Even Parallel Mothers and The Lost Daughter have 6.2 on imdb if that’s your basis. Also I don’t know about the Letterboxd take when it’s predominantly controlled by Film Twitter…

do you think passing is accessible?

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

loooool everyone cheats in Hollywood. Why on earth would anyone care. If anything they know she was treated terribly after it.</p>
    I’m not going to bet on her winning.. The Oscar season is looooooong and people who go into it thinking its going to be The Crown in movie form will inevitably be  a bit 🤨. But its a good sign that even people who aren’t keen on the movie think she was great in it.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I agree that Stewart is a very shaky front runner if we can call her that. The signs are there that she will underperform honestly.

uh  she won’t “underperform”. She’s already delivered a clearly superb performance. Anything that happens afterward is really beyond her control. She did what she had to do. If she’s getting praised but the movie is baffling people then that’s not her fault.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.