Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

. People should look at the clear fact that venice jury didn’t care about her performance or her movie like the baised critics were claiming.

ah yes, every single critic is biased and gave kstew undeserved praise!! That’s a really logical argument..

Just bc they didn’t pick her doesn’t mean they didn’t like or love her performance. If Barry Jenkins was wowed by every scene of her with Sally H then I’m pretty sure some others in the industry will agree with him.

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

What controversial industry status? enlighten me please tbh i don’t know what to say if she doesn’t win what a disappointment that would be if she doesn’t all the raves are there i’m praying she doesn’t end up like carey mulligan.

Has anyone ever talked to you about commas? Oh, I see, they haven’t.

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

why is no one considers Frances McDormand in Spencer? she’s transforming as Charles for godshake.

Marry me 💍

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

Hardly saw anyone saying it’s accessible. Even critics who have seen it and liked it had questions about the accessibility. Even Parallel Mothers and The Lost Daughter have 6.2 on imdb if that’s your basis. Also I don’t know about the Letterboxd take when it’s predominantly controlled by Film Twitter… 💀

What do we understand by “accessible”?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Stewart is not winning and she clearly doesn’t need the win. A nomination would be enough for her. I just want to see the “Academy Award Nominee” tag on her. She’s been trashed a lot and now is time to prove them haters wrong

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

What do we understand by “accessible”?

Nobody knows. Lol.

I f**cking hate it when people say they want a “commercial” or “accessible” film to win or that’s what makes an Oscar winner. I’ve thought plenty of commercial films were deserving of the win before but why can’t people just make an argument for why THEIR favorite deserves to win as opposed to using terms literally nobody has a ready definition of!

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

why is no one considers Frances McDormand in Spencer? she’s transforming as Charles for godshake.

You didn’t 💀

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Her range whew

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Saw Spencer last night at the DGA. Kristen Stewart talked afterwards. This is a dark tale of Diana’s inner turmoil. This was Kristen’s best performance to date. I can see why there is Oscar buzz around her. #spencer ‘ instagram.com/p/CUdwzQ1pwTv/

20 years ago Halle Berry, Will Smith and Denzel Washington were nominated and two of them achieved historic wins. We could see the three of them nominated again this year and at least one of them could could win.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

She is now tied with Katharine Hepburn

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Stewart is not winning and she clearly doesn’t need the win. A nomination would be enough for her. I just want to see the “Academy Award Nominee” tag on her. She’s been trashed a lot and now is time to prove them haters wrong

Honestly same, I can see this being a “welcome to the club” nomination for her.

But her winning would be great because this forum would errupt.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

She should be winning Huns,

Chastain

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Still don’t see any alternatives to Stewart. Until someone else is appearing with similar or better reviews and career-momentum, we can talk about alternatives. Until then it’s kinda pointless. And no I’m not saying she’s a lock or that she’s undeniable, I’m just saying that there are twice as many cons for the others.

Stewart will be talked about all season long. That’s her strength next to her performance and momentum. I think a lot of contenders’ buzz has already faded a bit.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

How many recent young “It Girl” stars have won an Oscar on their first nomination? Alicia Vikander and…?

EDIT: Okay, Lupita won as well.

How many in Best actress?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

How many recent young “It Girl” stars have won an Oscar on their first nomination? Alicia Vikander and…?

Brie Larson

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.