Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 496 through 505 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

How many recent young “It Girl” stars have won an Oscar on their first nomination? Alicia Vikander and…?

Glad that Kristen Stewart is not an “It Girl”. She’s around for 21 years for God’s sake. Say first time nominee and I’ll list you 100 names.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Brie Larson (Vikander was a complete category fraud)

Okay Larson. That’s the most recent one.

Larson is an odd one because post her win she hasn’t come near even another nomination.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Still don’t see any alternatives to Stewart. Until someone else is appearing with similar or better reviews and career-momentum, we can talk about alternatives. Until then it’s kinda pointless. And no I’m not saying she’s a lock or that she’s undeniable, I’m just saying that there are twice as many cons for the others. Stewart will be talked about all season long. That’s her strength next to her performance and momentum. I think a lot of contenders’ buzz has already faded a bit.

Jennifer and Jessica, But Olivia is gaining steam due to her Emmy win.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Underestimate Olivia Colman and her career-best raves at your own risk…

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Chastain hosted a screening of The Lost Daughter and just posted a picture commenting that Olivia Colman is sublime:

https://twitter.com/jes_chastain/status/1443989423889293327?s=21

Game recognises game

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

Stewart this, Stewart that…. Sheesh kstew truly is the main event this season huh?!

anyways

Kidman & Berry are coming huns & I suspect one of them or even both may demolish this race!!

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

2020’s have been repeat winners for best actress so far, and I think that trend will continue in 2022. I can see Berry, Blanchett, Colman, or Kidman winning again. Berry has the strongest narrative here and if she’s good, she is likely in and may win. Blanchett is going to serve per usual and it’s going to be delicious and she’s always a threat. I think Colman is overrated, but I can’t deny what a huge threat she is. If Kidman pulls off the performance, she’s straight to the top of the list. Stewart’s win will be the nomination itself. She will be this years ScarJo

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Chastain hosted a screening of The Lost Daughter and just posted a picture commenting that Olivia Colman is sublime: https://twitter.com/jes_chastain/status/1443989423889293327?s=21 Game recognises game

If only people could spell Colman correctly. 😐

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Still don’t see any alternatives to Stewart. Until someone else is appearing with similar or better reviews and career-momentum, we can talk about alternatives. Until then it’s kinda pointless.

It’s not pointless though. It’s October and there are many alternatives. Many many alternatives. Chastain is getting similar reviews with the career-momentum, Colman getting the same amount of raves, Cruz getting the same amount, McDormand getting raves

The real threats haven’t even been seen yet. Berry, Blanchett, and Kidman

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

2020’s have been repeat winners for best actress so far, and I think that trend will continue in 2022. I can see Berry, Blanchett, Colman, or Kidman winning again. Berry has the strongest narrative here and if she’s good, she is likely in and may win. Blanchett is going to serve per usual and it’s going to be delicious and she’s always a threat. I think Colman is overrated, but I can’t deny what a huge threat she is. If Kidman pulls off the performance, she’s straight to the top of the list. Stewart’s win will be the nomination itself. She will be this years ScarJo

Have you seen The Lost Daughter? What did you think? Honestly I don’t know how she could be overrated, because the role is SO GOOD and so many say she’s even better than in The Favourite (people who’ve read TPOTD and Passing the books, read this book too! It’s amazing!).

I’m watching it soon YAY

I’m still immensely skeptical of Kidman, and even though I’ve dropped Chastain as of now I think we make a similar mistake every year: GD often underestimates the people who burst out of the fall fests and keep thinking some late breaker will win instead. Zendaya was COMING, Andra was COMING. Even with Zellweger people were like Theron is COMING. Before that, Streep was COMING for The Post and The Prom, Blunt for Mary Poppins, Chastain for Molly’s Game, Kidman for Destroyer, loads of fairly deserving people get snubbed and they often peak too late or too early. Maybe it’s like a “is that it? Can’t be!” impulse but it’s soooo common in October to argue for a late breaker to burst thru and WIN.

I agree it’s too early to call the winner FOR SURE but the last late-breaker not out of the fall fests who won was Streep in The Iron Lady…a decade ago, which was obviously a very specific win. I know there’s a lot of late breakers this year especially, and usually there’s at least one slot from such films, but…it’s usually out of those seen by now 🤷🏽‍♂️

So in a sense I do think Chastain, Colman, Cruz, Stewart, Thompson, Balfe are all more likely winners than anybody who hasn’t been seen yet. I’m sure some will miss the nod, but I think one of these will……probably win.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 496 through 505 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.