Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

What happened to jhud though? Shes fallen off the map round these parts

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

What does that have to do with anything? That’s true for the majority of films she got in for as well. It’s not as if anybody else was coming to snatch her nod for Florence Foster Jenkins or Into the Woods. She’s been the sole acting nominee for the majority of her films, particularly the ones in the 2000s (all but 3 I think?)

You said Streep struggles to get nominated almost as it if it were endemic to her… But she was only considered a contender for those movies BECAUSE she is Streep.

But I STRUGGLE to see how someone with more than 20 NOMINATIONS struggles to get nominated… not like she was snubbed for Arrival or anything…

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

You said Streep struggles to get nominated almost as it if it were endemic to her… But she was only considered a contender for those movies BECAUSE she is Streep.

But I STRUGGLE to see how someone with more than 20 NOMINATIONS struggles to get nominated… not like she was snubbed for Arrival or anything…

Find the threads, not gonna regurgitate an argument other people have made many times. Some people, both big fans and not, simply feel her time of “filler” noms is perhaps over. No interest in being hectored on the subject, nor do I care enough, thanks.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Find the threads, not gonna regurgitate an argument other people have made many times. Some people, both big fans and not, simply feel her time of “filler” noms is perhaps over. No interest in being hectored on the subject, nor do I care enough, thanks.

You do not have to care enough but it is plain wrong to say the most nominated actor ever struggles to get nominated. You are welcome.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

people didn’t really dig either the movie and to some extent her performance i guess. But who knows how things will roll out. Maybe some of these frontrunners will have a big scandal and eliminate themselves 😂.

I’m not sure I can sit through a Shakespeare movie but I’d love to see Frances and Denzel as a couple  in a regular movie. Or is Denzel still doing the whole refusing to kiss white women onscreen 🙄

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Taken a drubbing by critics as of late, but is probably being discounted by GD users more than she should. It’s a packed category and lol Jessica Chastain feels like she might fall out based on the reception to Tammy Faye soooo…I dunno.

Not impossible by any means. I’m not predicting her but I can see her make it in if a few key players flop.

FYC:
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Meryl Streep doesn’t struggle to get nominated at all, but it’s worth noting her last 3 nominations (The Post, Florence Foster Jenkins, Into The Woods) were all some sort of “transformative” real life depiction type of role. I would consider her role in Into The Woods to be quite transformative playing a witch laced in make-up while singing. She’s only struggled recently getting nominated for playing original characters like in The Laundromat, Let Them All Talk. and The Prom.

I think whether or not she gets nominated for Don’t Look Up will really be telling in regards to the Streep fatigue being prevalent or not. If it is, she would probably have to play another real life person or do transformative original character work as she did for Into The Woods.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

people didn’t really dig either the movie and to some extent her performance i guess. But who knows how things will roll out. Maybe some of these frontrunners will have a big scandal and eliminate themselves 😂. I’m not sure I can sit through a Shakespeare movie but I’d love to see Frances and Denzel as a couple in a regular movie. Or is Denzel still doing the whole refusing to kiss white women onscreen

When was he ever doing that?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Yeah, you can’t even type the word “Gaga” on these forums because haters and trolls take it to the heart. Nasty.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

She’s coming I’m afraid (per VF)

It was an excellent campaign move from Gaga last night doing a Jazz concert at the event.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I had Weisz (Colman in supporting), Gyllenhaal, Gaga, Hall and McCarthy. 🙂

Um… In what universe is Weisz lead and Colman isn’t? Colman literally had more screentime… All three are leads and that simply is not up for discussion

Oscars FYC:
    Picture: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Director: Jane Campion, Denis Villeneuve
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons
    Adapted Screenplay: Dune, Passing, The Power of the Dog
    Cinematography: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Costume Design: Dune
    Film Editing: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Production Design: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Sound: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Visual Effects: Dune, Free Guy

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

She’s definitely out of the race in my opinion, the movie is forgotten already and not in conversation (see the various prediction sites), it didn’t make any noise, flop box office and the reviews were mixed, Hudson performance and movie feels like a not event.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

original characters like in The Laundromat, Let Them All Talk. and The Prom.

her character in The Laundromat is the fictionalized wife of a real victim — and she’s Latina in the film! 😬 lol that film is so whack. She was clearly doing something with that weird accent + bronzer, but I don’t really know what it was. The Prom too I felt was… at least somewhat “transformational” bc of all the Ryan Murphy camp.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.