Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 505 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

She’s definitely out of the race in my opinion, the movie is forgotten already and not in conversation (see the various prediction sites), it didn’t make any noise, flop box office and the reviews were mixed, Hudson performance and movie feels like a not event.

At the moment, I think RESPECT will get only one Oscar nomination: Best Original Song (“Here I Am”), at best. Jennifer Hudson would need the Golden Globes to push her, but… it seems there will be no Globes this year

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Emilia Jones should be in the conversation! He’s 💯 on the money. Her Both Sides Now scene solidifies that. I haven’t done my initial predictions yet but she will definitely be in mine.

To me, the best actress race should be between Kristen and Emilia right now.

I haven’t seen Coda 🤔

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson and Respect came and went. The movie barely made any noise at the box office, the reception for it was mediocre and Hudson’s reviews weren’t even that good. She’ll probably get in at SAG, but since we won’t have the GG next year, she basically won’t have any buzz by the time the academy starts the voting for the nominees.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson and Respect came and went. The movie barely made any noise at the box office, the reception for the movie was mediocre and Hudson’s reviews weren’t even that good. She’ll probably get in at SAG, but since we won’t have the GG next year, she basically won’t have any buzz by the time the academy starts the voting for the nominees.

I not only think that she is a LOCK for a nomination but could even win. You all underestimate and misunderstand the AGE of a majority of academy members and their love for Aretha Franklin – Jennifer Hudson is SUPERB in this movie. They will have seen it and she could very well surprise on Oscar night! I have never understood the antagonism towards this movie and this actress here on Goldderby – I do think it’s specific to this site though and not with academy members!

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

What happened to jhud though? Shes fallen off the map round these parts

She is in fifth place in the predictions center. It’s a weird Goldderby thing and nothing else. She will be nominated and she might even win.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I not only think that she is a LOCK for a nomination but could even win. You all underestimate and misunderstand the AGE of a majority of academy members and their love for Aretha Franklin – Jennifer Hudson is SUPERB in this movie. They will have seen it and she could very well surprise on Oscar night! I have never understood the antagonism towards this movie and this actress here on Goldderby – I do think it’s specific to this site though and not with academy members!

Jennifer Hudson is not winning the Oscar. Also, the random “antagonism”. The movie is simply not good and Hudson is serviceable at best. She’s a phenomenal singer but she’s extremely mediocre as an actress.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

I get your point, but I stan with estrelas.
    I am not against JHud, but there are very interesting contenders for best actress this year and they might cover an Aretha Franklin “snub” in the song field.
    Just a quick analisys:

1. Stewart – The best reviewed performance so far. SPENCER was well received and it might be a critics darling film. Plus, Stewart was able to overcome the TWILIGHT hate and parodies with consistent (and sometimes brilliant) work since 2014.

2. Chastain – The b*tch is back to revenge her ZERO DARK THIRTY loss to JLaw and her nomination snubs for A MOST VIOLENT YEAR, MISS SLOANE or MOLLY’S GAME. Superb reviews for her performance alone. Not a beloved movie, but a transformative and showy performance in a biopic.

3. McDormand – An AMPAS darling. Her 3rd win was last year, but THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH is collecting raves at NY Film Festival and voters won’t deny her a nomination for sure.

4. Balfe – Tricky category placement and it might change, but she got outstanding reviews and BELFAST is shaping as a Best Picture favorite and a future critics’ darling “à la Roma”.

5. Thompson – Netflix will battle to secure one of its actresses a place in this category. PASSING got great reviews at Sundance and it is staging a comeback during fall film festivals seasons, a gorgeous trailer and the fact Thompson is on the rise for years.

6. Cruz – Volpi Cup winner. The performance is a foreign language one, but AMPAS has already recognized her work in Spanish (VOLVER) and in a bilingual performance (VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA). Reviews say she’s amazing and she’s a star!

7. Gaga – Juicy part and she’s an audiences’ favorite. Oscar winner for Best Song and she had a memorable breakthrough Oscar nominated performance for A STAR IS BORN. The AMPAS might go for her again if HOUSE OF GUCCI is any good.

8. Colman – Another Netflix actress. THE LOST DAUGHTER might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it did an impression during Venice Film Fest and Colman collected some rave reviews. Plus, it seems she’s poised to become some kind of “Meryl Streep of her generation” given the Oscar, the Emmys and the public love for her.

9. Zegler – The star of Spielberg’s WEST SIDE STORY. The AMPAS loves to nominate a good film debut in this category and she looks amazing in the trailer.

10. Hudson – Former Oscar winner with a CATasthrophic post-Oscar career until RESPECT I would say. The performance was praised enough for an Oscar nomination, but the movie is an early release. People love Aretha Franklin, but I believe that’s not enough

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I’m wondering if the academy is going to like Spencer. Critics love it but some found it weird. It’s promising that Barry Jenkins loved it and specifically mentioned the acting so it’s not just that he’s friends with Pablo. Cronenberg liked it but I’m not surprised that he would like a weird movie. But will it appeal to the more mainstream loving members… I hope to hear a few more people shouting it out. If you’re not invested in any way in Diana maybe this could be a very boring watch?

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson is not winning the Oscar. Also, the random “antagonism”. The movie is simply not good and Hudson is serviceable at best. She’s a phenomenal singer but she’s extremely mediocre as an actress.

Her Oscar nom this year will be for Best Original Song for “Here I Am” and she might even win if you ask me. It’s a great tune!

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Her Oscar nom this year will be for Best Original Song for “Here I Am” and she might even win if you ask me. It’s a great tune!

isn’t Beyonce coming with a song too? I hope jhud wins. I remember feeling bad for her when she was off key during her 2019 performance.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

isn’t Beyonce coming with a song too? I hope jhud wins. I remember feeling bad for her when she was off key during her 2019 performance.

Beyonce is coming with “Be Alive”, a song for KING RICHARD… The thing is… it is AMPAS doesn’t like Beyonce at all. They snubed her for DREAMGIRLS (“Listen”), CADILLAC RECORDS (“Once in a Lifetime”) or THE LION KING (“Spirit”)… I mean… “Listen” and “Spirit” were really expected to make the final cut

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Halle going Gaga  over Lady Gaga via halleberry instagram

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Beyonce is coming with “Be Alive”, a song for KING RICHARD… The thing is… it is AMPAS doesn’t like Beyonce at all. They snubed her for DREAMGIRLS (“Listen”), CADILLAC RECORDS (“Once in a Lifetime”) or THE LION KING (“Spirit”)… I mean… “Listen” and “Spirit” were really expected to make the final cut

“Listen” was nominated. It was actually the favourite to win. I guess having to compete with two more songs from the movie didn’t help.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I get your point, but I stan with estrelas. I am not against JHud, but there are very interesting contenders for best actress this year and they might cover an Aretha Franklin “snub” in the song field. Just a quick analisys: 1. Stewart – The best reviewed performance so far. SPENCER was well received and it might be a critics darling film. Plus, Stewart was able to overcome the TWILIGHT hate and parodies with consistent (and sometimes brilliant) work since 2014. 2. Chastain – The b*tch is back to revenge her ZERO DARK THIRTY loss to JLaw and her nomination snubs for A MOST VIOLENT YEAR, MISS SLOANE or MOLLY’S GAME. Superb reviews for her performance alone. Not a beloved movie, but a transformative and showy performance in a biopic. 3. McDormand – An AMPAS darling. Her 3rd win was last year, but THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH is collecting raves at NY Film Festival and voters won’t deny her a nomination for sure. 4. Balfe – Tricky category placement and it might change, but she got outstanding reviews and BELFAST is shaping as a Best Picture favorite and a future critics’ darling “à la Roma”. 5. Thompson – Netflix will battle to secure one of its actresses a place in this category. PASSING got great reviews at Sundance and it is staging a comeback during fall film festivals seasons, a gorgeous trailer and the fact Thompson is on the rise for years. 6. Cruz – Volpi Cup winner. The performance is a foreign language one, but AMPAS has already recognized her work in Spanish (VOLVER) and in a bilingual performance (VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA). Reviews say she’s amazing and she’s a star! 7. Gaga – Juicy part and she’s an audiences’ favorite. Oscar winner for Best Song and she had a memorable breakthrough Oscar nominated performance for A STAR IS BORN. The AMPAS might go for her again if HOUSE OF GUCCI is any good. 8. Colman – Another Netflix actress. THE LOST DAUGHTER might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it did an impression during Venice Film Fest and Colman collected some rave reviews. Plus, it seems she’s poised to become some kind of “Meryl Streep of her generation” given the Oscar, the Emmys and the public love for her. 9. Zegler – The star of Spielberg’s WEST SIDE STORY. The AMPAS loves to nominate a good film debut in this category and she looks amazing in the trailer. 10. Hudson – Former Oscar winner with a CATasthrophic post-Oscar career until RESPECT I would say. The performance was praised enough for an Oscar nomination, but the movie is an early release. People love Aretha Franklin, but I believe that’s not enough

So  what do you think Nicole and Halle ?

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Anyone else having some comments not post?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.